Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #43
MANAWAR

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
So how's the Camaro coming along? I know it look super. Can't wait to see it.

Philadelphia Phillies Fan
GPC
MANAWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #44
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man'o'war View Post
So how's the Camaro coming along? I know it look super. Can't wait to see it.
She's coming along great. Got a few plans for the weekend (need to finish up some wiring and hook a couple more things into my new wireless remote). But mostly I am waiting around twiddling my thumbs until I can take her down to Grabiak Performance. She's getting a LOT of cosmetic surgery.

- calipers are getting painted blue
- wheels getting powdercoated gloss black
- repainting the trunk lid per the spoiler paint chipping TSB
- reinstalling the street scene spoiler

Then possibly an XM antenna delete/relocation. Have to figure that out with Jason and the body shop.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #45
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Congrats on the AAC Sponsorship!!!!!!!

Totally geeked for ya man. Keep up the good work for The People.

Thanks,
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #46
The Stig

Finished up wiring the halos this afternoon. Wired them into a 5 pin relay so that they are white normally and blue when I want them to be.

I also took some pics of my afterburners. About a week ago I put on blackout tint from www.thecamarodecalstore.com
Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #47
The Stig

I have some presents in the mail

A carbon fiber wrapped Showstoppers front splitter that I bought from linkwpc (aka the punching cat). Great to deal with, orginally he didn't want to ship it but I kept harrassing him about the splitter and eventually he gave in

I also ordered some carbon fiber side gill accents from RPI designs late last week. So those are in the mail too. The splitter is due on the 14th, and hopefully I will have the gill accents by then as well. Can you say photo shoot time? I think it is.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #48
The Stig

RPI Cabon Fiber Side Vent decals

So my carbon fiber side vent decals came (no they are not real carbon fiber, just hydro dipped carbon fiber. I spent the extra cash and got the ABS plastic ones over the vinyl. Not particularly happy with the ABS plastic. NOTE: I am not referring to the quality of the product, it is top notch quality. Just that the plastic does not want to conform to the shape of the side vents so parts of them are not actually sticking on. I am planning on emailing RPI in a few moments to talk to them about this issue. I'm driving to Pittsburgh tonight for a dinner at the Pittsburgh Brewery and I don't want them to fly off while I am driving. That'd be bad.

The box for my splitter, and on the table the box for the decals
Name:  IMG_0697.jpg
Views: 2618
Size:  67.6 KB

The decals
Name:  IMG_0699.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  237.0 KB

Before picture
Name:  IMG_0698.jpg
Views: 2620
Size:  199.0 KB

after picture (driver's side)
Name:  IMG_0701.jpg
Views: 2659
Size:  239.9 KB

after picture (passenger side)
Name:  IMG_0702.jpg
Views: 2666
Size:  202.4 KB

Close up
Name:  IMG_0703.jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  162.6 KB

Again I'm very happy overall, just wishing I had gone with the vinyl so that they could conform better. But oh well, not a big deal. I'll post what RPI says about the topic, hopefully it is good news.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #49
The Stig

Had to take the splitter out of the box to look at it. Too excited
Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #50
The Stig

quick photoshop

So I have spoken with Jason at Grabiak and we are planning on taking my car in the week of the 25th. They are really busy so the only things that are getting done are: wheels powdercoated gloss black, redo the tint at 20%, tint the entire windshield at 70%, and paint the calipers cobalt blue. Though I am not sure if I want the calipers blue, maybe black? I requested some photoshops to see the difference between the two. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by The Stig; 06-07-2011 at 08:24 PM.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #51
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I like the blue actually makes the car unique
Old 04-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #52
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
I like the blue actually makes the car unique
Thanks. That's what I was leaning towards but I guess I just wanted to hear someone else's opinion.

So update time:

The side vent inserts are not holding up too well. The hard plastic wasn't/hasn't been able to conform to the gills. So I sucked it up and bought a second set, vinyl this time. Sometimes you screw up, only thing you can do is figure out how to fix it. The weather has been pretty rainy so I have yet to install the splitter. Hopefully can do that on wednesday but not sure. I'll be posting pictures once I do get it done though.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #53
The Stig

The modding just never ends....and I love it. Yesterday I installed a carbon fiber wrapped splitter from Showstoppers. Link the punching cat gave me great deal on it and was nice enough to ship it to me. Have to say that the install is a bit time consuming. It is damn near impossible to get the splitter to line up with all of the factory bumper holes. That part alone was at least an hour ish. Not that it is very hard by any means, I mean if you put a jack underneath the front end it'll be done in no time. It does involve drilling into the front bumper though (just five 1/4" holes on the bottom), something I could live with. That and it looks great. Here are a few pics.

I personally think it gives the car a really nice/aggressive stance. Though I don't know how that splitter is going to do when the drop springs come (plan is a split drop 1.4/1). I think it'll be alright. I mean I can get my head underneath it so not too worried (when I turn it to the side that is).

Name:  IMG_0721.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  163.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0722.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  159.6 KB

Now its time to think about the next one. Antenna delete! I got off the phone with Ofer (2SSRS) about an hour ago or so, I was asking him questions about his antenna relocation/delete. He put his into his passenger side mirror, but his set up was a bit complicated for me and I was not the biggest fan of needing to drill into the door. I'll drill into the bumper but not the door, that's where I draw the line. So what I'm planning on doing is relocating the antenna to the rear tray. All I need to do is take apart the interior, pop off some panels, and bend some metal (excited for this part ). Then its time to plug the hole and seal it up nice and tight so water doesn't leak. Needless to say, I will be taking pics.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #54
The Stig

Planning the mod list that I'll be going to Grabiak with next week when I drop Kaylee off. Aside from gloss black wheels and blue calipers I'm really trying to step away from cosmetic mods. Not because I don't like them, but I think it's time to start focusing on suspension for a little while. Leaning towards a split drop of 1.4/1.0 inches. I'm hesitant because I have read about how a split drop that is lower in the back is actually better for traction/handling/etc.

Though I do have a few more cosmetic mods on the way. I have figured out how to do a cheap XM antenna delete so I'm pretty happy . I'm also working with 6liter and getting my interior trim panels done in black chrome. I think it will really bring the interior together.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #55
The Stig

Porter Cables are AWESOME

All I have to say about them. Yesterday, in preparation for the GPC detail clinic on Saturday I polished and waxed Kaylee for a couple hours. Then followed that up with a interior detail (with Adam's leather interior and conditioner - man do I love this stuff). I am going to do some final tweaks/cleaning before Saturday, along with a XM antenna relocation mod. All I'm waiting on for that is a plug that Ofer so graciously sent me.

I am SO glad that car show season is back
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #56
MANAWAR

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Can't wait to see Kaylee this Saturday.......

Bill

Philadelphia Phillies Fan
GPC
MANAWAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1