Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #51
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
forget the pics... I WANT VIDEO! (email it to me for a happy meal!!!)
i like the way you think, good sir!
(all except the mcdonald's crap! )
__________________
zebra is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #52
1_2Many

 
1_2Many's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 786
I'm willing to bet the new ambient lighting does not involve acrylic panels at all.

Think Scion type lighting. Just strategically placed LED's.
__________________
We are the early orderers...we are GM's voluntary guinea pigs and their free source of feedback. How will we be thanked?
1_2Many is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #53
leatherneck
 
Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 247
ummmm is black a neutral color+???????--lollolol hey i had to ask
leatherneck is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #54
dbotsfordtat
 
dbotsfordtat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Omahell, Nebraska
Posts: 499
Well, I'm not happy they didn't get it all figured out but I'm grateful they finally let us know.
__________________
D.R.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #55
SoFlaZ

 
SoFlaZ's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing special :-(
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 940
Woohoo, sounds good to me.

And for all you do it yourselfers for the lighting across the dash, streetglow has your solution but idk if it will match the factory color exactly. http://streetglow.com/site/accessories.elwire10.php
SoFlaZ is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #56
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me
 
GothamCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NW Gotham, IL
Posts: 1,599
Well now that my dealer has spoken, the ABL issue is done in my head.
Am I disappointed? Yes very much so but what can you do? I don't care if they figure it out for later models for the dash, I'm getting my Camaro and that's all that matters at this point.

Wonder if that's it for me for waiting on any other option/accessory...
Yup I think thats it, now to clean out the garage and wait for my Camaro to come home.
__________________
Own- "Does it come in Black?" Exterior/ Grey Interior 2LT/RS Automatic
_____________________________________
The Batman would only drive a 2010 Camaro and buy from Camaro Scotty. 'Nuff said.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #57
Never2LowChevy
Banned
 
Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nederland Tx
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
Woohoo, sounds good to me.

And for all you do it yourselfers for the lighting across the dash, streetglow has your solution but idk if it will match the factory color exactly. http://streetglow.com/site/accessories.elwire10.php
I have used the same stuff to do "ambiant lighting" in a few peoples cars and when done RIGHT and TASTEFULLY it looks very much like the pictures on the Camaro website did. And unlike GM you can make it come on when YOU want it to and not when they think is right. Just order an extra factory switch from the parts counter and install it on the dash or uder the dash. Like my sig sais, stock sucks.
Never2LowChevy is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #58
AJC
 
Drives: coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ..
Posts: 53
The only time you look at the doors is when you open it.
AJC is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #59
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,852
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

Our goal was to have the look of the early rendering (and it was just a rendering -- never an announced feature), but there were a couple of issues with execution. In the end, a desire to have the highest quality look, fit and feel for the interior won out (which is the way it should be). I know some will be disappointed, but I still think in the end we have the best in class interior.
I really think this is the true case. In the end we will all be glad GM didn't try to force something that would have compromised the reputation of the new Camaro.

You guys are all fun. ALL of you. The arguements and spats and fits are because we're all so passionate about this car. That's a good thing. (the passionate part)

Can't wait to see pics of the final interior. Especialy the IO
__________________
PQ is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #60
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
...I'm grateful they finally let us know.
Same here. Communication goes a long way!
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #61
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Although as I said before I am dissapointed in this issue, in a way it is saving me money since I am for certain getting a 1SS instead of the 2SS now.. I just don't see how the interior is going to look good with only the doors lit up with LED's and not the dash. If anything, it would look more normal to not have them on the doors and only have them on the dash.. Oh well, I'm sure we will see lots of aftermarket LED's or fiber optic kits for the Camaro in the future, and I think by next year they will get this working..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #62
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
You guys are all fun. ALL of you. The arguements and spats and fits are because we're all so passionate about this car. That's a good thing. (the passionate part)
That's what makes this website so different from all the others. You get everyone's views on something, both the good and the bad. Most of the regulars here appreciate that fact but others are either offended or intolerable of views that don't agree with their own.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #63
LDGn63
 
LDGn63's Avatar
 
Drives: WNABEE
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 538
i've always thought the dash lights might be a little distracting, but i'm not sure it will look good only on the doors.... i'm sure GM wouldnt let it look stupid just to check the ABL box.
__________________
Why oh Why?
Windshield=10" vertical
mirror= 3 7/8" (that's almost 4") vertical
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #64
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Although as I said before I am dissapointed in this issue, in a way it is saving me money since I am for certain getting a 1SS instead of the 2SS now.. I just don't see how the interior is going to look good with only the doors lit up with LED's and not the dash. If anything, it would look more normal to not have them on the doors and only have them on the dash.. Oh well, I'm sure we will see lots of aftermarket LED's or fiber optic kits for the Camaro in the future, and I think by next year they will get this working..
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #65
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
i've always thought the dash lights might be a little distracting, but i'm not sure it will look good only on the doors.... i'm sure GM wouldnt let it look stupid just to check the ABL box.
It is easy to picture how only having the doors lit up would look like since the molding for the car and the panels are staying the same clear plastic we've seen (with only a month till production can it change to anything else?).. And I think most people will simply turn or dim ABL on the doors down to nothing since it won't be anything special if its not across the dash as well).. It would be better if the lighting was not in the panels on the door but perhaps behind the door handle or door compartment (somewhere useful) but to have the panels lit up blue and the rest of the dash panels remain the clear plastic with blue behind it (or worse a flat painted blue or orange) makes no sense. With less than a month before production starts, we all need to see pictures of what ABL will look like in the Camaro to have piece of mind for those who ordered a 2SS.. The cloth on the 1SS that matches the two tone colors on the seats looks good in grey and beige. However I wonder how it will look on the 2SS now (to clarify I mean the texture or look of the panels)
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266

Last edited by Supermans; 02-26-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Supermans is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #66
dbotsfordtat
 
dbotsfordtat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Omahell, Nebraska
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That's what makes this website so different from all the others. You get everyone's views on something, both the good and the bad. Most of the regulars here appreciate that fact but others are either offended or intolerable of views that don't agree with their own.
Absolutely agreed, you get one or two folks being d*cks and it stiffles opinions / information.
__________________
D.R.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #67
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
i've always thought the dash lights might be a little distracting, but i'm not sure it will look good only on the doors.... i'm sure GM wouldnt let it look stupid just to check the ABL box.
correct me if I am wrong but I thought in the origonal video Chevy had posted then took off the dash portion faded out and just left the doors lit anyway...
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #68
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
correct me if I am wrong but I thought in the origonal video Chevy had posted then took off the dash portion faded out and just left the doors lit anyway...
No, the whole dash and doors where fading in and out at the same time..There is a video of an orange interior lighting where the whole thing flickers on and off on youtube..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266

Last edited by Supermans; 02-26-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Supermans is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #69
fad1

 
fad1's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 1,108
Thanks Scotty, like always, two thumbs up.
fad1 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #70
1_2Many

 
1_2Many's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 786
Well, it's nice to hear and everything, but we are going to need new interior pictures here. Our cars will be here soon and it would sure be nice to know what we are buying.

Let's see this "doors only" lighting GM. If you are afraid to show us then I'm afraid of what else you're hiding. I've been itching to buy GM stock, but with shady things like this happening I'm reluctant...not a sign of strength by any means.
__________________
We are the early orderers...we are GM's voluntary guinea pigs and their free source of feedback. How will we be thanked?
1_2Many is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #71
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
Well, it's nice to hear and everything, but we are going to need new interior pictures here. Our cars will be here soon and it would sure be nice to know what we are buying.

Let's see this "doors only" lighting GM. If you are afraid to show us then I'm afraid of what else you're hiding. I've been itching to buy GM stock, but with shady things like this happening I'm reluctant...not a sign of strength by any means.
If they show us before March 15, then all is good since we all will be able to change our orders if they haven't been pulled by then. Those of us with cyber grey orders will get an extra month or so however the prices may change for the worse after March 15 if we make changes since the current price won't be locked in. That info is coming from my dealer so I don't know how accurate it is..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #72
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,845
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
Well, it's nice to hear and everything, but we are going to need new interior pictures here. Our cars will be here soon and it would sure be nice to know what we are buying.

Let's see this "doors only" lighting GM. If you are afraid to show us then I'm afraid of what else you're hiding. I've been itching to buy GM stock, but with shady things like this happening I'm reluctant...not a sign of strength by any means.


You will see it on Saturday... relax, people! GM is not "hiding" anything! They were working on it, tried to mimic the renderings, encountered problems, and now they're ready to show us the final product. Why will no one accept that?

Save your :upset: complaints until AFTER Saturday, if they are still valid. Until then...
DDustiNN is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #73
CamaroSSforme
Got my two
 
CamaroSSforme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 431
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post


You will see it on Saturday... relax, people! GM is not "hiding" anything! They were working on it, tried to mimic the renderings, encountered problems, and now they're ready to show us the final product. Why will no one accept that?

Save your :upset: complaints until AFTER Saturday, if they are still valid. Until then...

I was just in my ol' time machine and tossed her over to Saturday...can I complain now?
CamaroSSforme is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #74
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post


You will see it on Saturday... relax, people! GM is not "hiding" anything! They were working on it, tried to mimic the renderings, encountered problems, and now they're ready to show us the final product. Why will no one accept that?

Save your :upset: complaints until AFTER Saturday, if they are still valid. Until then...
Why are they waiting until Saturday to make an official announcement when Scott has already let the cat out of the bag officially? They've already decided not to have it so we are all voicing our opinions on the issue. We have the right to do it on this forum as it is not hurting anyone. The only possible "new" information we may get on Saturday is a better explanation as to "why?" abl simply didn't work on the dash. Wether or not a discounted price on the 2SS package will come into play, and or wether or not a full ambient lighting will appear or be worked on so it can be ready the next model year, which will be when the HUD and the color white will be available.
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #75
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 1,845
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post
I was just in my ol' time machine and tossed her over to Saturday...can I complain now?
lol... I suppose so then? When you're done, I'd like to borrow that and go foward to the day my Camaro arrives... kthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Why are they waiting until Saturday to make an official announcement when Scott has already let the cat out of the bag officially? They've already decided not to have it so we are all voicing our opinions on the issue. We have the right to do it on this forum as it is not hurting anyone. The only possible "new" information we may get on Saturday is a better explanation as to "why?" abl simply didn't work on the dash. Wether or not a discounted price on the 2SS package will come into play, and or wether or not a full ambient lighting will appear or be worked on so it can be ready the next model year, which will be when the HUD and the color white will be available.
Saturday they will be showing the production version at the Cleveland Auto Show. Everyone can "oooooh", "ahhhhh", or "ewwww" at it and take pictures for us
DDustiNN is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABL (ambient lighting) limited to the doors only? StoutFiles 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 555 02-26-2009 04:08 PM
How Many Cancelling Order if no ABL (ambient lighting) ? Scott@Bjorn3D 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 288 02-07-2009 06:09 PM
ABL!!!!!!!!!! (ambient lighting) Elvis-Freshley 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 51 01-23-2009 09:05 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) picture new (I think) maxdmax Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 16 01-18-2009 03:30 PM
Ambient Lighting! blakeequalshyphy 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 116 12-29-2008 12:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.