Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #76
DDustiNN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
If, for some reason, it actually does look horrible (which I'm sure it won't), I do hope that they offer a "recall" of some sort to get it installed/upgraded when they actually do get it working. That would make everybody
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #77
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
If, for some reason, it actually does look horrible (which I'm sure it won't), I do hope that they offer a "recall" of some sort to get it installed/upgraded when they actually do get it working. That would make everybody
I agree with this, especially if the price of the 2SS package remains the same and they do plan on getting it fully working at all..
Old 02-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #78
bobby35ny

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Well, the pipe on the dash didnt workout I guess. Maybe they are going to "project" the light from a different location onto the dash area, maybe from the ceiling light or something?

-bobby
Old 02-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #79
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
just a thought for all people who are very disappointed about this...

You will only be turning the ambient lighting on at night (at least that is when it will be effective). Therefore, there's agreat chance you will have your lights on, meaning all the dash lights and accessory ligths will be on as well. From the pics I've seen, alot of the dash lighting is the same color as the ambient so in essence, the dash lighting can kind of be considered "ambient" lighting. I think all the lighting in the doors combines with the accessory lighting will look just fine. I also think that if there was lighting on the dash like we all hoped, it might actually be abit too much in addition to the accessory and guage lighting. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it'll look like anything is missing when all the lights are on together. Anyone else agree?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #80
DDustiNN

Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post

You will only be turning the ambient lighting on at night (at least that is when it will be effective). Therefore, there's agreat chance you will have your lights on, meaning all the dash lights and accessory ligths will be on as well. From the pics I've seen, alot of the dash lighting is the same color as the ambient so in essence, the dash lighting can kind of be considered "ambient" lighting. I think all the lighting in the doors combines with the accessory lighting will look just fine. I also think that if there was lighting on the dash like we all hoped, it might actually be abit too much in addition to the accessory and guage lighting. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it'll look like anything is missing when all the lights are on together. Anyone else agree?
Yes.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #81
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post

After seeing the new ambient lighting for myself - see my time machine post - I have to say that I'm disappointed with the whole thing and the whole car. I'll be canceling my order after work today. I am speechless that the ambient lighting didn't light up my shoes as I was told by the dealer when I ordered. I'll be picking up a Prius on the way home
Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #82
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it'll look like anything is missing when all the lights are on together. Anyone else agree?
No. If they thought that looked better than the dash they would have just done this back in December when problems first started being announced.

Next year ABL will probably include the dash and extras like the HUD, and the '10 model will then be known as the unfinished test mule of the 5th gens.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #83
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
No. If they thought that looked better than the dash they would have just done this back in December when problems first started being announced.

Next year ABL will probably include the dash and extras like the HUD, and the '10 model will then be known as the unfinished test mule of the 5th gens.
Kinda' like the '01 Z06 guys?...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #84
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
.... early adopter penalty. It can happen to anyone who buys anything just to get it first, be it a stereo, and iPhone or in this case a car.

Now how's about we wait till Saturday and see how everything looks before we continue?
Maybe... just maybe, people will like it even MORE. (And then we will have to find a new thing to complain about. I nominate stripe length, cause I don't think people have moaned about that yet )
Old 02-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #85
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Kinda' like the '01 Z06 guys?...
A little history lesson for those of us unfamiliar with the topic?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #86
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
.... early adopter penalty. It can happen to anyone who buys anything just to get it first, be it a stereo, and iPhone or in this case a car.

Now how's about we wait till Saturday and see how everything looks before we continue?
Maybe... just maybe, people will like it even MORE. (And then we will have to find a new thing to complain about. I nominate stripe length, cause I don't think people have moaned about that yet )
Let's hold out opinions until Saturday. You please everyone...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #87
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:

Like it even more? Lol.. That is wishful thinking. You can't take something away that we've all seen and been believing was what the interior was going to look like and the take the best part of it away without adding something else equally as impressive and hope people will like the new missing interior better..lol...Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right..But I am stuck in reality here..
Old 02-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #88
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Thanks for the info Scotty!

BUT....

And personally, while I am a little disappointed that it's not going to be in the dash, it's kinda like the disappointment you have when you find out your hot fudge sunday only has 2 cherries on top instead of 3.

Bring on the aftermarket ABL dash kits!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #89
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Well in all fairness we have been hearing about problems with ABL for a few months now, that should be enough time for people to accept the possibility that it might not happen or be altered.

I hope it looks awesome, and that's all I can do until I see some pics or vids on Saturday. Or I could also delay my order till next year, because I am REALLY hoping for some Z28 action. Like REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping for some z28 action.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #90
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well in all fairness we have been hearing about problems with ABL for a few months now, that should be enough time for people to accept the possibility that it might not happen or be altered.
Au contraire. We were told to "keep the faith" and that all would be fine. Do I need to look back to find posts where people proclaimed that ABL would be good to go and the rumors were baseless?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #91
mmarcum

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Hey, at least we finally know the meaning of "The eagle is taking a shower and dropped the soap."
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #92
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

I am saying wait till Saturday and maybe things will be cool and this thread will look silly. Maybe they will give us afterburners and a cupon for free dash install.

You can call me a fanboy, but I remember a sad day in 2002 when the last F bodies were made, and a certain someone told us to 'keep the faith' about it's return. Now here we are and that promise has been kept. That means a lot to me personally.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #93
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
...I've been itching to buy GM stock...
Have you lost your mind? You see today's report from Q4? They finally beat estimates- just in the wrong direction. $9.6 BILLION loss for the quarter; "Excluding special items, GM lost $5.9 billion, or $9.65 a share, in the quarter".

Dude, it's trading at $2.34 per share. How do you lose $9.65 per share on something that's worth $2.34? They are headed for Chapter 11 IMO- no way around it now. And, yes, that's a GOOD thing.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #94
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
I've been itching to buy GM stock, but with shady things like this happening I'm reluctant...not a sign of strength by any means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Have you lost your mind? You see today's report from Q4? They finally beat estimates- just in the wrong direction. $9.6 BILLION loss for the quarter; "Excluding special items, GM lost $5.9 billion, or $9.65 a share, in the quarter".

Dude, it's trading at $2.34 per share. How do you lose $9.65 per share on something that's worth $2.34? They are headed for Chapter 11 IMO- no way around it now. And, yes, that's a GOOD thing.
Let him do it. Everyone needs a good lesson in investing...
Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #95
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Let him do it. Everyone needs a good lesson in investing...
Hey, he's close anyways... I'd maybe take a serious look at GE. There's a company with stock in the toilet for no real reason other than the overall economy. If you got time to wait (and money to spend), that I'd seriously consider. GM ? Not with a 10 foot poll.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #96
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Au contraire. We were told to "keep the faith" and that all would be fine. Do I need to look back to find posts where people proclaimed that ABL would be good to go and the rumors were baseless?
Although it'd be interesting to see any of those, I have to ask: is it really necessary; will it do any good? I think it would just further flame already surging anger/frustration/etc. on this topic. I'm not saying don't express one's self - just think more globally in our community. This is not a place to bash. We should try to remain happy that although it's been a long, bumpy road, Camaro is coming back, after all. I'm sure they wanted all the features on the Concept to make it to production, and did what they could to enable that, but not all things work out. I'm just suggesting to try to remain positive, on the whole

Quote:
I am saying wait till Saturday and maybe things will be cool and this thread will look silly. Maybe they will give us afterburners and a cupon for free dash install.

You can call me a fanboy, but I remember a sad day in 2002 when the last F bodies were made, and a certain someone told us to 'keep the faith' about it's return. Now here we are and that promise has been kept. That means a lot to me personally.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #97
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i like the way you think, good sir!
(all except the mcdonald's crap! )

Crap?

--------------------------------------

Aftermarket vendors are going to be all over this. Disco lighting, following lighting, chase mode, remote controlled brightness, dances to the music, patterns and colors.

Another vote for the 1SS versus 2SS.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #98
Tantalizer43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarcum View Post
Hey, at least we finally know the meaning of "The eagle is taking a shower and dropped the soap."
Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #99
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
How much horsepower and handling does ambient lighting add?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #100
GOLDDOG

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS & 08 JSB Corvette
We should all happy to get this car anyway we can. With the outlook for GM getting worse everyday, there may be no Camaro next year or any GM vehicle. Look around GM Inside News, its alot worse them most people would like to believe.

Closed Thread