Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #26
Sketti

 
Sketti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sacto, CA
Posts: 905
YOU BUNCH OF LAW BREAKERS!
__________________
Added Mods
--------------------
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #27
SilverFoxx
IECC Family Member
 
SilverFoxx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS,A6, SIM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
They let the IOM and white wheels go from what I heard. That's why I have a V1, and it was useful.
They "let him go" out of professional courtesy as he is a sworn officer. In fact the chippy that got him literally mumbled under his breath something to the effect "oh sh*t, i pulled over the wrong one"!

As for me, I learned my lesson coming back from Dual in the Desert last year. 103mph cost me $3,500 so far
__________________
SilverFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
JM10
Se habla español
 
JM10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona/Sonora
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
Lol no that wasn't me. Mine is a 2SS.
Sorry...for some reason I saw a 6 in your signature ....It was A6 not V6

JM
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Cough XXX Cough Cough...
I'm sure every one hit XXX at one point. Especially when we had the I-10 shut down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketti View Post
YOU BUNCH OF LAW BREAKERS!
Is that Sketti? The one that was flying by us evertime he got the chance? and the one that almost drove up the ramp of a truck on the highway?
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #30
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I'm sure every one hit XXX at one point. Especially when we had the I-10 shut down.




Is that Sketti? The one that was flying by us evertime he got the chance? and the one that almost drove up the ramp of a truck on the highway?
I saw that ramp truck, would have made a good ski jump

Wont cop to anything else though
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #31
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"
 
SA CHEVY's Avatar
 
Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I'm sure every one hit XXX at one point. Especially when we had the I-10 shut down.


Is that Sketti? The one that was flying by us evertime he got the chance? and the one that almost drove up the ramp of a truck on the highway?
We definitely were all XXX+ at one point getting on in Cabazon because I was going XXX and flying and got passed by Haddad Motorsports G8 . The funniest part of that is when I fly past a Civic who was in the slow lane and hear someone on the radio say "Guys, are we allowed to drive this fast?" and all of a sudden brake lights and Camaro's scattering all over to not hit each other or the traffic that we caught up to
__________________
2010 Camaro SS2 L99 Aircharger, Straightpiped, DT long tubes, Dyno tune by Cal Speed
384 HP & 392 Ft/Lbs. 13.203 @ 107.13 mph at Camaro5FestII
SA CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #32
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
We definitely were all XXX+ at one point getting on in Cabazon because I was going XXX and flying and got passed by Haddad Motorsports G8 . The funniest part of that is when I fly past a Civic who was in the slow lane and hear someone on the radio say "Guys, are we allowed to drive this fast?" and all of a sudden brake lights and Camaro's scattering all over to not hit each other or the traffic that we caught up to
We did have a blast heading to the Fest!! I don't know how many times I hit triple digits. I remember flying by Haddad's car only to get over and have that white one blow by me.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #33
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"
 
SA CHEVY's Avatar
 
Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
We did have a blast heading to the Fest!! I don't know how many times I hit triple digits. I remember flying by Haddad's car only to get over and have that white one blow by me.
Haha we sure did...I hit triple digits a few times just trying to stay caught up with everyone only to have everyone hit their brakes when I finally made it up there Was that you racing the G8 when we got on at Cabazon?
__________________
2010 Camaro SS2 L99 Aircharger, Straightpiped, DT long tubes, Dyno tune by Cal Speed
384 HP & 392 Ft/Lbs. 13.203 @ 107.13 mph at Camaro5FestII
SA CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #34
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
Haha we sure did...I hit triple digits a few times just trying to stay caught up with everyone only to have everyone hit their brakes when I finally made it up there Was that you racing the G8 when we got on at Cabazon?
I would never "race". I wouldn't call what we were doing as racing, it was just spirited acceleration. I do think Haddad did race someone else though. I didn't want to get too out of line and take anymore chances than I already did.

Looking forward to knocking a few more beers back with you sometime. It was great meeting you bud.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #35
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,343
Quote:
A$$hole sheriff patrol in Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana, pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 80 n a 70. He's worse than a d*ck, he's a dild*.
It wasn't Steven Seagal was it? Sorry to hear.
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.
Vengeance Racing 416 Jan '15

SSBUSDRVR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #36
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"
 
SA CHEVY's Avatar
 
Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I would never "race". I wouldn't call what we were doing as racing, it was just spirited acceleration. I do think Haddad did race someone else though. I didn't want to get too out of line and take anymore chances than I already did.

Looking forward to knocking a few more beers back with you sometime. It was great meeting you bud.
Of course not lol racing is saved for the drag strip

Spirited acceleration is a perfect term to describe it...or "Badass!!"

It was great meeting you too man and hopefully Ben gets a BBQ setup in Fresno for this summer and we can get some of the Nor Cal people and Bakersfield people to head there as somewhat of a C5FestII mini-reunion...
__________________
2010 Camaro SS2 L99 Aircharger, Straightpiped, DT long tubes, Dyno tune by Cal Speed
384 HP & 392 Ft/Lbs. 13.203 @ 107.13 mph at Camaro5FestII
SA CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #37
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
Of course not lol racing is saved for the drag strip

Spirited acceleration is a perfect term to describe it...or "Badass!!"

It was great meeting you too man and hopefully Ben gets a BBQ setup in Fresno for this summer and we can get some of the Nor Cal people and Bakersfield people to head there as somewhat of a C5FestII mini-reunion...
Sounds like a plan. I'll be there, but I have a feeling I'll need to rent a room and stay overnight since I'm sure there will be alcohol involved.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #38
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"
 
SA CHEVY's Avatar
 
Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Sounds like a plan. I'll be there, but I have a feeling I'll need to rent a room and stay overnight since I'm sure there will be alcohol involved.
As will I lol. I know not a lot of the Fresno people usually drink but I brought a bit of "Bakersfield" to the Fest and they were breaking from their norm for the weekend
__________________
2010 Camaro SS2 L99 Aircharger, Straightpiped, DT long tubes, Dyno tune by Cal Speed
384 HP & 392 Ft/Lbs. 13.203 @ 107.13 mph at Camaro5FestII
SA CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #39
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
As will I lol. I know not a lot of the Fresno people usually drink but I brought a bit of "Bakersfield" to the Fest and they were breaking from their norm for the weekend
I will say that the Cali group and Texas boys did more than their fair share of alcohol consumption.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #40
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"
 
SA CHEVY's Avatar
 
Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I will say that the Cali group and Texas boys did more than their fair share of alcohol consumption.
I would have to agree with you, definitely were the last two groups of people up (along with those darn Canadians eh!!)
__________________
2010 Camaro SS2 L99 Aircharger, Straightpiped, DT long tubes, Dyno tune by Cal Speed
384 HP & 392 Ft/Lbs. 13.203 @ 107.13 mph at Camaro5FestII
SA CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #41
Redemption
Just Because!
 
Redemption's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 7,113
Yes, I would say that during our CA caravan, we all got a little lucky...LOL So much fun with a shut down freeway! Our mini clip, after we slowed down to 85 or so...

__________________
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #42
Chevyg1rl

 
Chevyg1rl's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP'N B View Post
A$$hole sheriff patrol in Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana, pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 80 n a 70. He's worse than a d*ck, he's a dild*.
That sucks! The blaze off your hood probably blinded him - looked so sweet runnin the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
...hopefully Ben gets a BBQ setup in Fresno for this summer and we can get some of the Nor Cal people and Bakersfield people to head there as somewhat of a C5FestII mini-reunion...



No tix here, thank God. Coming through Pacheco Pass, I blew by a cop standing on the road with radar at about 85 and watched the mirror for @ 10 miles. Set the cruise at 78 after that.
__________________
Chevyg1rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #43
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 54,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
We did have a blast heading to the Fest!! I don't know how many times I hit triple digits. I remember flying by Haddad's car only to get over and have that white one blow by me.
our group was very conservative heading to Quartzsite. After we left there with the Cali folks, I was like, "Hell yeah!" While we kept hitting triple digits in our long ass caravan. slamming on the brakes over and over wasn't fun though. lol
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #44
Sketti

 
Sketti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sacto, CA
Posts: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I'm sure every one hit XXX at one point. Especially when we had the I-10 shut down.


Is that Sketti? The one that was flying by us evertime he got the chance? and the one that almost drove up the ramp of a truck on the highway?
I was seriously thinking about jumping it! I only got to go this fast until Becka admonished me and told me I had to be good!



Well, at least on the trip up; She wasn't with me on the way back.
__________________
Added Mods
--------------------
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #45
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
I would have to agree with you, definitely were the last two groups of people up (along with those darn Canadians eh!!)
What's that all aboot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Yes, I would say that during our CA caravan, we all got a little lucky...LOL So much fun with a shut down freeway! Our mini clip, after we slowed down to 85 or so...

Yes we did have some luck on our side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
our group was very conservative heading to Quartzsite. After we left there with the Cali folks, I was like, "Hell yeah!" While we kept hitting triple digits in our long ass caravan. slamming on the brakes over and over wasn't fun though. lol
It was great having so many cars together roaring down the highway.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #46
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"
 
SA CHEVY's Avatar
 
Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
What's that all aboot??
Haha freaking Merc man, got a picture of him and Kyle with the two Sheriffs on that 2nd night (Friday night) and then woke up on Saturday to some chairs leaned up against my car and like 6 of those "Dead Frog" beers or whatever they were then Saturday night he says "Man that chair looks just like the ones I lost!" I said "You lose two of them?" "Yeah!" then I said "These are yours, they were leaned up against my car this morning" haha and he said "They shouldn't have been over there....don't know what that's all aboot..." haha had a great time with those crazy Canadians!!
__________________
2010 Camaro SS2 L99 Aircharger, Straightpiped, DT long tubes, Dyno tune by Cal Speed
384 HP & 392 Ft/Lbs. 13.203 @ 107.13 mph at Camaro5FestII
SA CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #47
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
Haha freaking Merc man, got a picture of him and Kyle with the two Sheriffs on that 2nd night (Friday night) and then woke up on Saturday to some chairs leaned up against my car and like 6 of those "Dead Frog" beers or whatever they were then Saturday night he says "Man that chair looks just like the ones I lost!" I said "You lose two of them?" "Yeah!" then I said "These are yours, they were leaned up against my car this morning" haha and he said "They shouldn't have been over there....don't know what that's all aboot..." haha had a great time with those crazy Canadians!!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #48
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,582
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I will say that the Cali group and Texas boys did more than their fair share of alcohol consumption.
Cali TexansCanuksVirginia nsEtc...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #49
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Cali Texans


Hey you added other people after I quoted you.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #50
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,582
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post


Hey you added other people after I quoted you.
Sorry....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pulled over for a dumb reason 1badtie Off-topic Discussions 30 01-19-2010 01:53 PM
What to do when you get pulled over! Please Read. Asylum Off-topic Discussions 67 12-07-2009 11:38 PM
The Next Time You Get Pulled Over..... billjames Off-topic Discussions 44 10-25-2009 10:26 PM
Dealer said my order was pulled today ssarrival Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 05-08-2009 03:11 PM
My CGM is getting pulled next week Lefty Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 2 04-02-2009 06:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.