Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #841
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Thanks, It will all work out sooner or later...

Oh...

My

Good Friend Randy is home safely and in the house... I know it was a long trip home, and I'm glad you are there... It was a true pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife Bonnie in person... I had a ball,

You did well in the race against Chris... It was fun, you two are clowns, and I loved not only the build up to it, but the race itself and the friendship displayed afterwards... Two Class Acts... I look forward to seeing you both in 11 months or so, if not before...
Next time I won't underestimate the distance. I had to drive all the way home from El Paso non-stop to make it to the office today. Chris made it home safely as well so it's all good. Thanks for the concern. Glad to see you and everyone so far made it back good. Your car is just crazy fast. I'm still amazed.

We should have a grudge race thread for anyone to challenge someone else. It's pretty fun.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #842
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,569
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Next time I won't underestimate the distance. I had to drive all the way home from El Paso non-stop to make it to the office today. Chris made it home safely as well so it's all good. Thanks for the concern. Glad to see you and everyone so far made it back good. Your car is just crazy fast. I'm still amazed.

We should have a grudge race thread for anyone to challenge someone else. It's pretty fun.
I'll let you know the outcome after tomorrow, but I think my A/F ratios and timing are off bad, as they probably were when you rode with me... The different turbo's will spool differently so I guess it makes sense...

I had quite a bit of pinging on the way home as she experienced the heat of the day... but I stayed out of it after I started noticing it...
Corey will be able to straighten her out.... Nexts years challenge, I guess I'll have to bring multi sizes of shirts... I hope yours isn't too big... lol, j/k Brother...

I'm glad you enjoyed the ride, I still suffer serious perma-grin every time I look at her, much less drive her...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #843
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'll let you know the outcome after tomorrow, but I think my A/F ratios and timing are off bad, as they probably were when you rode with me... The different turbo's will spool differently so I guess it makes sense...

I had quite a bit of pinging on the way home as she experienced the heat of the day... but I stayed out of it after I started noticing it...
Corey will be able to straighten her out.... Nexts years challenge, I guess I'll have to bring multi sizes of shirts... I hope yours isn't too big... lol, j/k Brother...

I'm glad you enjoyed the ride, I still suffer serious perma-grin every time I look at her, much less drive her...
Get that beast running strong so we can run at the Camaro Nationals!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #844
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,569
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Get that beast running strong so we can run at the Camaro Nationals!
She should be healthy in the next couple of days... I'm headed out early in the am to Coreys shop, I'm sure at some point we will have to throw her back on the dyno to make sure all is well since we have different spooling turbo's...

Thanks to all you guys for everything... and I'm looking forward to lining up next to you... I got a few things to sort out, mostly the driver mod... but I'll get there...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #845
Atti2de
Móderator
 
Atti2de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,660
Well she felt pretty healthy after we put the new turbos on!!! That was my first ride in her and I think PQ has said it best in his above posts. I Did not know what to expect, especially since I helped lol. But....

























Holy bat man!!! This car is a beast... Pulled harder than I imagined. Nothing like fourh gear and feeling the back end going sideways and black mustang disappear. Better than any ride at fiesta Texas
__________________
I'm not the one with the Atti2de problem it's everyone else that has a problem with my Atti2de!
Atti2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #846
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,569
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Get that beast running strong so we can run at the Camaro Nationals!
Can we equalize this a lil bit and run twice, 1/4 mile and then a 60 to OMG or whatever rolling start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Well she felt pretty healthy after we put the new turbos on!!! That was my first ride in her and I think PQ has said it best in his above posts. I Did not know what to expect, especially since I helped lol. But....

























Holy bat man!!! This car is a beast... Pulled harder than I imagined. Nothing like fourh gear and feeling the back end going sideways and black mustang disappear. Better than any ride at fiesta Texas
Glad you enjoyed the ride Chris, and thanks so much for working along side me to get her back on the road...

I'll see you Friday night... Corey may be coming out with his Corvette...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #847
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Can we equalize this a lil bit and run twice, 1/4 mile and then a 60 to OMG or whatever rolling start...
You've got at least 70-80 HP on me...I think you have all the equalization you need!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #848
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,569
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
You've got at least 70-80 HP on me...I think you have all the equalization you need!
And you got a push button go fast transmission...

It's all good, we'll run for fun...I'm looking forward to running side by side with you....You smoke me off the line and I'll just have to try to run you down at the top....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #849
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
And you got a push button go fast transmission...

It's all good, we'll run for fun...I'm looking forward to running side by side with you....You smoke me off the line and I'll just have to try to run you down at the top....
Yea...I'm just giving you a hard time. It'll be a blast!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #850
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Ahhh... You guys are all insane. Definitely part of the Mental Squad.

Mental Squad = when boost(and/or n2o) pressure is greater than or equal to tire pressure...

Have fun on your runs.

...and again Robert, Brandi runs like she has a JATO rocket attached to her tail. Russ - we know your car flies - you have the video to prove it.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #851
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,569
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ahhh... You guys are all insane. Definitely part of the Mental Squad.

Mental Squad = when boost(and/or n2o) pressure is greater than or equal to tire pressure...

Have fun on your runs.

...and again Robert, Brandi runs like she has a JATO rocket attached to her tail. Russ - we know your car flies - you have the video to prove it.
Spoken by the guy that wears the white coat that makes him hug himself...and lives in a padded room....

I'm looking forward to any time I get to spend with my C5 family... I can't wait to see your beast as well... Like Kyle said, I'll drive Brandi to Florida to see her...just let me know when you will have her available to show...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #852
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Spoken by the guy that wears the white coat that makes him hug himself...and lives in a padded room....

I'm looking forward to any time I get to spend with my C5 family... I can't wait to see your beast as well... Like Kyle said, I'll drive Brandi to Florida to see her...just let me know when you will have her available to show...
yea.. no shit... not callin the kettle black... or something like that.

and yes... LIKE KYLE SAID... always listen to what that guys says...
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #853
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Robert...here's your new sig. That bad reflection was driving me nuts.
Attached Images
 
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #854
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,594
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
225.8, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, rockland standard gear, slayer billet quad carbon, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.