Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
After you get your ticket just smile and wave good bye.

IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #19
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i don't think i would ever say thank you if i received a $200 ticket.thank you to me is not the appropriate words.
The cop didnt make you speed, and get a $200 ticket. You broke the law, you pay the fine. Its not a cops fault for catching you doing something wrong. its your fault. Take responsibility for your actions, just like the guy who started this thread.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #20
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Right on, RubyCamaro! Couldn't agree more.

Didn't know we have a "speed chime," is that part of the stadard Camaro gauges? I'm getting the 2SS so hope I'll have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
A rare pleasure to hear someone taking responsibility for his/her actions. I set my speed warning chime so I don't "accidentally" speed by just a few seconds of inattentiveness to speed. If I choose to speed up & get a ticket, my bad & I would also accept it with no problem as you did. I try to stay as close to the speed limit as I can. Going slower makes drivers mad & can also trigger them to make bad decisions causing accidents. I actually like to see speed traps set up. It helps keep us all safer.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #21
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
Weird but good story- I got stopped by a state sheriff and was told I was getting two tickets for speeding 9 miles over and no front plates. I'm more of a passive person so I was like cool no problem. What could I say I was wrong and that's that. So when he came back over he avoided eye contact and told me he was letting me go on a warning! He didn't give a reason but I sure as he'll wasn't going to ask why. So I shook his hand and said thanks and be careful. Strange that he didn't look me in the face when moments ago he was stairing at me normal.
novice66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice66 View Post
Strange that he didn't look me in the face when moments ago he was stairing at me normal.
Are you or anyone in your family a Freemason?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #23
Stock6.0GTO
Under an ISX or DD15

Drives: GTO
not what i was expecting lol
1981 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham Coupe 5.7 diesel
Stock6.0GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #24
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
Should of met the cop that wrote me a ticket for "failure to yield right away" 4 days after my accident, I got hit so far back on my Camaro it should have been his fault especially since he sped up to beat the light after I was committed to the turn and all ready 1/4-1/2 of my car onto the road I was turning on, I got a lawyer for that ticket cause it's BS on the cops part, she had an attitude toward me as soon as she showed up to the scene and was yelling at people and writing other tickets to other drivers while doing my "accident report" aka her blaming me and saying it was my fault
I wasn't there and don't mean to be disrespectful..but honestly, man...unless she sped up to 40 mph over the speed limit (which those crown vics will not do at a drop of a dime...in fact, it takes about 15 minutes to get that fast), I don't see how in the world it would have made a difference and I don't see how it would have influenced your decision to proceed.

All so often we get crashes because people see the signal turn "yellow" and assume people will be stopping..Can you hoenstly say this wasn't the case? Based on what you said, that is what it sounds like to me. You assumed everyone would be stopping for the yellow and you wanted to get on your way. You don't seem to be debating her light was still yellow/green and she was speeding to make it? Again, not trying to be rude..just honest. Unless there is proof she failed to stop for a RED traffic signal, you still meet the requirements for failing to yield to oncoming traffic. I don't see you winning a case on that, but if she really was a b--- then I hope you do. Attitude isn't necessary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Ok, that sucks, but this is a thread about a "cool cop" and not about your experience.
It lasted all of what? 10 minutes?......
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.

1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
Are you or anyone in your family a Freemason?
^^^^ this poster gets it...
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.

1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #26
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolatheSlush View Post
glad to hear you take responsibility for your actions. The way i figure, if i'm speeding and get pulled over and written up, then i have no one to blame but myself. the officer is just doing his/her job. Most LEO are pretty cool as long as you are too
It doesn't hurt you to be female, either.
NightOwl RGB Halo Kit V2, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Cam Motion Cam, CAI Intake, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
xxx RWHP/xxx RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #27
9.8m/s/s

Drives: 2011 Synergy LS
I went to court plead guilty on my last ticket and the judge cut the fine and the points in half, pretty easy way to save money
Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #28
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
It doesn't hurt you to be female, either.
Ms. Slush is by far more than a female..she has mind tricks. I highly recommend you avoid her at all costs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9.8m/s/s View Post
I went to court plead guilty on my last ticket and the judge cut the fine and the points in half, pretty easy way to save money
Judge sees you are accepting responsibility for your actions... happens quite often. I have seen them wipe 200 dollars off a 400 dollar fine and clear all the points for people who came in ready to plea guilty but wanted to get community service hours instead.... depends on the judge though

1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #29
Meeper

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
The cop didnt make you speed, and get a $200 ticket. You broke the law, you pay the fine. Its not a cops fault for catching you doing something wrong. its your fault. Take responsibility for your actions, just like the guy who started this thread.
I'd be polite and take responsibility, but I still wouldn't say thank you.
Meeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #30
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
The easiest way to get out of a ticket in my town is to answer one question correctly. That question is "Where do you live?" If you live in the city limits you will likely get off. If you live outside the city limits you may as well get you check book out. My town was warned for giving too many warnings. They warnings were awarded disproportionately to people who reside in the city limits. You have to live inside the city limits to vote in the city.

How do I join the free masons? Can I drive one of those little cars?
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #31
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Harvey View Post
The easiest way to get out of a ticket in my town is to answer one question correctly. That question is "Where do you live?" If you live in the city limits you will likely get off. If you live outside the city limits you may as well get you check book out. My town was warned for giving too many warnings. They warnings were awarded disproportionately to people who reside in the city limits. You have to live inside the city limits to vote in the city.

How do I join the free masons? Can I drive one of those little cars?
The Shriners drive the little cars.
In order to join the Freemasons I believe you have to be sponsored by an existing member. Then you have to go through all these weird ritualistic initiation ceremonies with blindfolds and trowels and all this other weird symbolism relating to Hiram Abiff.
At least what what a friend of mine who's a Freemason told me....I may have already said too much...

Old 04-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #32
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
These cop threads are making me sick, who cares... dont matter who you are... everyone's got it tuff, everyones jobs sucks and dont pay enough, and there are A holes in every croud, even cops! Lets stick to camaro's thats more fun!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #33
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
What can I say. You are doing the proper thing. Take it to Court and see what happens. I can say this---if you were making a left turn across traffic or controlled by a traffic control device--- good luck Sorry, sir but my money is on the cops decision and thats not because I am one. We cite for traffic violations thats all, the insurance companies assess who is at fault and to what degree. If you were in the business you would be surprised even in the most obvious cases degrees of liability are spread out to each party.
I'm guessing you've never had a "bad day" at the plant? unless you have been in our shoes hold your judgements about our actions until you do. Just sayin'. Sorry if she wasn't all peaches and cream. To be honest I hate handling accidents with a passion except when it involves a drunk driver I guess-- (could have hit someone I love.) Everyones cars are wrecked and then by policy I have to issue a citation if someone committed a traffic violation-- I know it sux but its the job.
Well put, I am a cop also and any time you receive a citation its cause you deserved it. I don't know a single cop who wants to go to traffic court on their day off away from their families and Camaro because its a bullshit ticket, sack up is all I can say, if you can sit here and bitch n moan over how you were right and the cop was wrong than you have many more issues than your aware of....

Jason
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i don't think i would ever say thank you if i received a $200 ticket.thank you to me is not the appropriate words.
I said it by accident once. I felt funny. . . . "Wait......did I just.......?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
He wasn't trying to say that. He just said he doesn't think 'Thank You' would be his response. I agree. Why would you say thank you? lol We all hope to get a break. And we ALL have taken them when offered. To say thank you at a ticket is just weird to me.

Doesn't mean I am complaining about the fine. Just ain't gonna say thanks. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
It lasted all of what? 10 minutes?......
Would go away even quicker if it's just ignored.