Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
TMoneySS
 
TMoneySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Talking 2012 45th Anniversary Edition vs RS Package

Hey, just thought I would place this info into a thread for anyone that might also be looking at a 2012 and isn't sure if they should get the RS package with the 45th Anniversary package or just the 45th Anniversary package. I hope that someone finds this thread of use in their decision.

Standard
-Rear Spoiler (was part of the RS package but now is standard for 2012)
-Tinted Taillamps (was part of the RS package but now is standard for 2012)

RS Package
- 20" painted aluminum wheels (Also on the 45th)
- HIDs (Also on the 45th)
- Body-color roof ditch molding (Also on the 45th)
- Body-color "Sharkfin" antenna
- Red "SS" emblems

So as you can see, if you are planning on ordering the 45th Anniversary Edition, like i am, the RS package is not worth the cost. For $1300 (asuming there is no price change) you would just be adding the body-color antenna. Also keeping in mind, the antenna is black standard and the 45th Anniversary Edition cars come in Carbon Flash Metallic only. The antenna may not be metallic black but will "match" nonetheless.

I hope typing this out wasn't a waste but I was wondering myself since ordering should be coming soon and I didn't want to pay $1300 for essentailly nothing. (As much as I want to be able to say i have a SS/RS I just can't justify spending that money.)

Thanks for reading,

TMoneySS (Taylor)

Last edited by TMoneySS; 04-30-2011 at 08:09 AM.
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
OPP

 
OPP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Auto "Blu-Ray"
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 951
I'm not convinced about the 45th ann package anyway. I'm sticking with just the SS/RS.
__________________
Blu-Ray
OPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
RPO_Z28

 
RPO_Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 C6Z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RVC, New York
Posts: 1,754
Since we don't have actual ordering information yet on the 2012's, it's fair to say the the "RS" package is included with the 45th Anniversary and wouldn't available as a separate option.
__________________
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
TMoneySS
 
TMoneySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Since we don't have actual ordering information yet on the 2012's, it's fair to say the the "RS" package is included with the 45th Anniversary and wouldn't available as a separate option.
Yep i agree 100% but in the mean time i posted up the info.
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
OPP

 
OPP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Auto "Blu-Ray"
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 951
If the RS is not available and only the 45th package is I'm buying a BMW. Not everybody likes the ricey stripes on the 45th or the color black. I'm sure the RS will be available for every other color option.
__________________
Blu-Ray
OPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
If the RS is not available and only the 45th package is I'm buying a BMW. Not everybody likes the ricey stripes on the 45th or the color black. I'm sure the RS will be available for every other color option.
That's not what they're saying. The RS package will be available in 2012. It is separate from the 45th anniversary package, but the 45th anniversary package might include the RS package. You don't have to get the anniversary stripes unless you want them.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
nancygrl
155 mil na godzinę
 
nancygrl's Avatar
 
Drives: Sapphire Moon Whisper 2013 2LT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,355
It's probably gonna be included in the 45th Anniv. package price as opposed to choosing it as in package form for other models. Either way, we're gonna pay.
__________________
2013 2LT/RS/Auto/Hot Wheels Package
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #8
ss=scuba steve

 
ss=scuba steve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoFla
Posts: 863
Spoiler is'nt an RS item...... unless I misunderstood your post. Or is it a different spoiler?
__________________
ss=scuba steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,518
The spoiler is an RS thing for the V6. Standard on the SS, RS or not. Just like the 20" wheels. That's why the RS pkg is cheaper on the SS if I'm not mistaken.

I agree, the 45 AE will probably be an RS automatically included in RPO H45.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
TMoneySS
 
TMoneySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
The spoiler is an RS thing for the V6. Standard on the SS, RS or not. Just like the 20" wheels. That's why the RS pkg is cheaper on the SS if I'm not mistaken.

I agree, the 45 AE will probably be an RS automatically included in RPO H45.
Still agree with this!
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #11
KJinni
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 'Zona
Posts: 265
Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm going to try and describe this as best as I can...

When you go online to the Chevrolet website and build a V6 camaro, the RS package option is priced as $1600, but if you build a V8 camaro, the RS package option is priced as $1300. So using that logic, if one were to select the 45th anniversary package, I would bet that suddenly the RS package would be listed at a reduced price below $1300. GM is smart about this stuff, they realize that people aren't going to want to pay for a package that offers stuff that's already on another package. Their thought process would probably be: "If we leave the price at 1300, no one will select it and we're going to lose that profit altogether, but if we lower the price, some people might select the RS package as well, and we get X amount of dollars instead of zero."
__________________
KJinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #12
TMoneySS
 
TMoneySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJinni View Post
Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm going to try and describe this as best as I can...

When you go online to the Chevrolet website and build a V6 camaro, the RS package option is priced as $1600, but if you build a V8 camaro, the RS package option is priced as $1300. So using that logic, if one were to select the 45th anniversary package, I would bet that suddenly the RS package would be listed at a reduced price below $1300. GM is smart about this stuff, they realize that people aren't going to want to pay for a package that offers stuff that's already on another package. Their thought process would probably be: "If we leave the price at 1300, no one will select it and we're going to lose that profit altogether, but if we lower the price, some people might select the RS package as well, and we get X amount of dollars instead of zero."
I understand what you mean, but chances are, if anything, they will just make the RS package part of the 45th AE package as stated by others above.

TMoneySS (Taylor)
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR
 
Jamie Mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,326
So this entire thread is about speculation? Why not wait until you can order one and see what is available. At that point you can decide if it is the car for you and what options you want and can afford.
__________________
also drives a heavily modified Jeep Wrangler. It has LED headlights and wheel weights blacked out with Plasti Dip. It's Baller.
Jamie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
TMoneySS
 
TMoneySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
So this entire thread is about speculation? Why not wait until you can order one and see what is available. At that point you can decide if it is the car for you and what options you want and can afford.
This has nothing to do with what I can afford. This is about not wasting my money. To answer your question, yes, this thread is based off speculation/opinion. It was also posted to get the opinion of others, and until I posted this and read Z28 and Jr.'s opinions I just hadn't considered that. After some considering I decided that what they had to say was more then likely what will happen. Oh and if your don't like opinion or speculation threads you should probably avoid a lot of this site because there are many opinion/speculation threads.

TMoneySS (Taylor)

Last edited by TMoneySS; 05-01-2011 at 06:04 PM.
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
OPP

 
OPP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Auto "Blu-Ray"
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 951
Speculation is what feeds forums.
__________________
Blu-Ray
OPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
TMoneySS
 
TMoneySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
Speculation is what feeds forums.
Exactly!

TMoneySS (Taylor)
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
barbm
LTTL HULK
 
barbm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southern Ontario Canada
Posts: 73
Send a message via AIM to barbm
Hello. Has anyone heard when we will have a definate answer on ordering a 45th Camaro? ? My husband seems interested in one. Our dealers up here have no info on them yet.
Thanks Barb
barbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
vetehead
 
vetehead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massapequa,NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoneySS View Post
This has nothing to do with what I can afford. This is about not wasting my money. To answer your question, yes, this thread is based off speculation/opinion. It was also posted to get the opinion of others, and until I posted this and read Z28 and Jr.'s opinions I just hadn't considered that. After some considering I decided that what they had to say was more then likely what will happen. Oh and if your don't like opinion or speculation threads you should probably avoid a lot of this site because there are many opinion/speculation threads.

TMoneySS (Taylor)


vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #19
epatrone
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS L99
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 82
On the 2012 45th the RS package is part of the Anniversary package. I have a 2012 45th and the shark fit antenna is the same color as the car to include the mirrors. If you go online to build a car with options RS will be checked automatically. The best part of any of the SS are the Hurst Shifters, love the short throw and very easy to use. I drove a Ford 2013 Mustang GT and their gears where less superior than GM. Ed
epatrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #20
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lots
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas/Greenville, Texas
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
If the RS is not available and only the 45th package is I'm buying a BMW. Not everybody likes the ricey stripes on the 45th or the color black. I'm sure the RS will be available for every other color option.
How are those ricey stripes now? lol
__________________
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #21
MrandMrsNinja

 
MrandMrsNinja's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dickinson, Tx
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
I'm not convinced about the 45th ann package anyway. I'm sticking with just the SS/RS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
If the RS is not available and only the 45th package is I'm buying a BMW. Not everybody likes the ricey stripes on the 45th or the color black. I'm sure the RS will be available for every other color option.
lol. don't know how this thread got pulled back up, but i had to laugh because of what this guy said, yet in his signature he has a "ricey" 45th...
__________________
MrandMrsNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
cflbuckeye
 
Drives: 2012 Convertible Camaro 2SS w/RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 172
When I bought my SS, I looked at 45th anniversary additions..and the SS 45th's...have different interior stitching I didn't like. I wanted the SS emblem on the seats and steearing wheel...and the 45th didn't have them if memory serves. Sounds petty, but when we're talking about appearance only additions to the car...I think it's a valid arguement.
cflbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
PatsRS

 
PatsRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 905
You either like the 45th package or not. Pretty simple. Obviously the OP never bought his BMW so I guess it got to him also...even with the RS package...
__________________
2012 45th Anniversary Edition 2LT Auto with Sunroof
2014 Acadia Denali
2012 Chevy Cruze RS

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
45th in Georgia
 
45th in Georgia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsNinja View Post
lol. don't know how this thread got pulled back up, but i had to laugh because of what this guy said, yet in his signature he has a "ricey" 45th...
Maybe he meant " racey " stripes.
45th in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
45th Anniversary Edition 2012 Camaro and New 3.6L LFX V6 Engine FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 647 03-04-2012 02:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.