Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #29
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
agreed
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #30
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Can the Pedders Camaro Supercar beat a Saleen Supercar? Cast your vote in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100421
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #31
Rob@WretchedMS

A good read for all.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #32
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
A question for you Pedders experts. I have the Xa's and Solution B bars on my SS. I measured my ride height and have a front fender measurement of 28 3/4" and a rear measurement of 29". I compared my measurements with 3 other Xa owners and most of their ride heights are lower than mine. What practical improvements would I have to my car's handling if I lowered it an additional 1/4" all around?

Is there any significant benefit to doing this, other than "looks" which are subjective? My car was intially about 1/2" lower and I had slight front spoiler issues backing out of my driveway (which isn't that steep), and a parking garage I frequent has a down-sloping exit ramp that will make my exhaust pipes hit as I go over the break in the slope, and I can't always exit at an angle because of other traffic. So there was a practical reason for raising my car 1/2". But I can't stand the "pressure" that somebody's car is lower than mine I like how my car looks now, but 1/4" may look even better. Is there a real handling improvement that would result from the 1/4"?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #33
My 5th

I guess some questions are tougher to answer than others. Here's another question:

What's the difference between a good company with good products, and a great company with great products?

Answer: Follow Up!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #34
Rob@WretchedMS

sorry for not answering sooner, i've been dealing with personal issues and must have missed this.

The 1/4" will be more of a looks change rather than a handling change. While obviously the lower the better, clearance is very important.

have a good day.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #35
My 5th

Thanks for the answer.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #36
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Pedders I have a deep respect for you all... i must say I am very impressed at the wealth or info and honesty u guys post. and I am very happy that I know u and have access to such info
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #37
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
Pedders I have a deep respect for you all... i must say I am very impressed at the wealth or info and honesty u guys post. and I am very happy that I know u and have access to such info
Thank you for your kind words. We are proud to be a part of the Camaro5 community.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #38
JusticePete

We get a lot of emails and PMs requesting information on the 5th Gen ZETA II chassis. We answer them and refer them to this thread as a reference.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #39
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
This is an AMAZING post for anyone new to the game, and just as good for the experienced racer. I'm a fledgling car guy at best (financially limited only, I am very mechanically inclined) and there was so such useful info here.

I'm sitting here thinking "yeah, go with stiffer springs and says and I'm golden"... damn I underestimated those silly little rubber chunks! I didn't realize just how much they can influence the car's ride. That will definitely be my first suspension upgrade.

As far as the actual camaro suspension, I knew it was independent and that was good enough for me... now I fully appreciate the car for what it is - and what it can be

I am basically a degree away from an engineer, I'm nuclear trained, and I'm very detail specific - so I can really appreciate the R&D that GM put into the 5th gen, and I am just speechless at the amount of R&D that Pedders has done on the car (although if I had the chance to drive and fine tune supercars for a living a bit of research would be a small price!). I tip my hat and pick my jaw off the floor Pedders! You guys rock!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #40
Rob@WretchedMS

Thank you, the credit goes to Pete, he's the driving force behind Pedders USA.
We just try to keep up, lol
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #41
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
This is an AMAZING post for anyone new to the game, and just as good for the experienced racer. I'm a fledgling car guy at best (financially limited only, I am very mechanically inclined) and there was so such useful info here.

I'm sitting here thinking "yeah, go with stiffer springs and says and I'm golden"... damn I underestimated those silly little rubber chunks! I didn't realize just how much they can influence the car's ride. That will definitely be my first suspension upgrade.

As far as the actual camaro suspension, I knew it was independent and that was good enough for me... now I fully appreciate the car for what it is - and what it can be

I am basically a degree away from an engineer, I'm nuclear trained, and I'm very detail specific - so I can really appreciate the R&D that GM put into the 5th gen, and I am just speechless at the amount of R&D that Pedders has done on the car (although if I had the chance to drive and fine tune supercars for a living a bit of research would be a small price!). I tip my hat and pick my jaw off the floor Pedders! You guys rock!
Thank you for the kind words.

We had an opportunity to work with the guys from West Coast Customs on a 2011 5th Gen build. Our segment has some valuable information that pertains to this thread. I hope you enjoy it.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #42
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Bumping this one up for all of the guys just starting to work on their suspensions.

This is a wealth of knowlege, and it is all free!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote