Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #26
RanDMC

Drives: 1LT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
I have a 1LT with the IGEE seat covers. People that don't look close think it's leather and the cloth is protected. Terrific product for the price.
Are the seat the same between the 2010 and '11? I think that seat covers would be a good idea for my car. Can you post some pics or PM me? I'd like to see them in some more detail than what is on the website.
RanDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #27
5thGenOwner

Drives: 20TEN SS/RS L99 (SIM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by degros33 View Post
Hey, just want to say I'm new to this site and I'm strongly considering getting a camaro when the 2012's come out later this year. I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed but I'm having trouble finding it. My question though, is that I had heard or read somewhere that people with the LS models and 1LT models were having problems with the cloth seats. They said that the cloth seats were bunching up and getting wrinkled after only a month or so and were looking crappy... Also if this is the case is it possible to get a leather package in the 1LT? I'm pretty sure it's not though... But I guess what this thread really comes down to is, is the 2LT worth the extra 3-4 grand or so for the leather interior?

Any first hand experiences with this would be greatly appreciated. And I am not going to get an LS, definitely either a 1LT or 2LT!

Thank you! And I'm excited to learn a lot more about the Camaro's on this site!
Congrats on getting a Camaro!

First, the cloth/leather seats are the same across all models (LT/SS/LS-only cloth).

The only complaint about seats I've read was actually the leather seats... and it was that they eventually stretch out and cause dents (apparently the more "behind" you have the better, so it stretches out evenly). This happens with almost any leather seats... where cloth is normally much more resilient.

Do some more searches if you still have concerns, but there are many who got the 1SS or 1LT specifically because it was the cloth option, and we didn't want leather. Personally I only have 5700 miles on my Camaro (purchased 11/6/09)... and the interrior looks like the day i bought it (3 miles on it).
Old 05-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #28
Spicoli

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Cloth seats

First, let me start out by saying that I was going to say that I have no issues with my cloth seats in my 2010 1LT/RS. Then I took these pictures to post for you. My Camaro has almost 12,000 miles. I purchased it September 1st, 2010.

The wrinkles are not obvious in person, and frankly, I was quite surprised when I saw them in these pictures.

I did have a 2003 Impala with leather (along with a couple of Grand Cherokees) and saw wear and/or cracking in similar areas over time (50K-80K miles). IMO, these are common wear points in car seats and any material will show some degradation over time.
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #29
5thGenOwner

Drives: 20TEN SS/RS L99 (SIM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
First, let me start out by saying that I was going to say that I have no issues with my cloth seats in my 2010 1LT/RS. Then I took these pictures to post for you. My Camaro has almost 12,000 miles. I purchased it September 1st, 2010.

The wrinkles are not obvious in person, and frankly, I was quite surprised when I saw them in these pictures.

I did have a 2003 Impala with leather (along with a couple of Grand Cherokees) and saw wear and/or cracking in similar areas over time (50K-80K miles). IMO, these are common wear points in car seats and any material will show some degradation over time.
I totally believe you that the wrinkles are not visible in person; photos can bring out the smallest of imperfections. But I wonder if there is something that can be done to get those wrinkles out... maybe a steam cleaning?
Old 05-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #30
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
one more thing to add as far as leather seats, they come with the heater for the winter. Its an awsome option for the remote start if you get an automatic... BUT, its buyers opinion.... get what YOU want.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #31
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
24,000 miles and no problems with mine.
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #32
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICG2772 View Post
But if you have the RS package, then you have halos with the 1LT.
You're right, My bad. Guess you should not post when you are tired. I was not thinking straight.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #33
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
I have a 1LT and no issues either.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #34
Beemer
"Red Rocket"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanDMC View Post
Are the seat the same between the 2010 and '11? I think that seat covers would be a good idea for my car. Can you post some pics or PM me? I'd like to see them in some more detail than what is on the website.
Lots of pics in this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=igee
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #35
Spicoli

Quote:

Update: The wrinkled look was really starting to bug me and I went back out to take a closer look. I can't see or feel any wrinkles. I believe in my first photo, what appears as wrinkles are nothing more than the "nap" on the fabric. I ran my hand over the area where the wrinkles appeared, and brushed the nap in one direction. Happy to report, all is well. Hope I didn't get anyone too concerned. (pictures with flash is picking up stuff that isn't there as well).
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #36
degros33

Drives: 2005 Toyota Tacoma = Slooooowww
Quote:

Hey thanks man. I really appreciate you taking those pictures for me. Also I understand some wear and tear over time, I just didn't want to have wrinkles and such after about a month of ownership. That wouldnt have been good at all. Good looks with the pictures.
degros33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #37
Spicoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by degros33 View Post
Hey thanks man. I really appreciate you taking those pictures for me. Also I understand some wear and tear over time, I just didn't want to have wrinkles and such after about a month of ownership. That wouldnt have been good at all. Good looks with the pictures.
No problem. I don't think you will have any problems with wrinkles or wear on the cloth seats. Good Luck!!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #38
RanDMC

Drives: 1LT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post

Thank, That is exactly what I was looking for
RanDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #39
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I've got about 37,000 miles on my 1LT/RS and the seats are in great shape! I really think the leather seats are what you were refering to about the wrinkling due to them stretching. The cloth seats in my opinion are a very good, durable material.

You can order most options on a 1LT, the only thing you can't order from the factory are the Leather seats w/ heat, the console 4 pack gages, the ambient lighting on the doors (you will have cloth inserts, instead of plastic), the homelink(garage door opener) and in the 2011 models, the heads-up display.

The 2LT does come with more standard options that CAN be ordered on the 1LT, like:
The Comfort and Convenience package(steering wheel controls and a leather wrapped wheel, USB port, bluetooth),and the Boston Acoustic upgraded speakers.

The rims are also different between the 1LT and 2LT unless you get the RS package, then you will get the 20" midnight rims which are the same on all RS equipped cars(these are summer only tires). If you don't get the RS package you get 18" rims on the 1LT and your speed governor will be set lower(119mph I think) than the 2LT w/ 19" rims and a higher speed rate tire(155mph).

Last edited by Sterling; 05-09-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #40
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:

-----------

I dont see the wrinkles, where they at??
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I've owned my 1LT/RS since August 2009. Has low mileage, but seats are great, and I have the two toned grey/black interior.
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #42
RollTideMom

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
no problems here
Old 05-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #43
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm glad to see so few problems with the upholstery. If you have any more involved questions feel free to contact me, degros33.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #44
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
LS here owned for about 1 year no problems at all. they look as new as they day i got it except for my girlfriends hair everywhere lol

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1lt, 2lt, cloth, interior