Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions From and for the site staff.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Unhappy 324 error only while on C5, Anyone else?

I get a 324 error saying "empty response" only when I'm on this site and while using google chrome. If I keep reloading the page it will go away until the next time. Anyone else get this?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Gigachip
Yea...
 
Gigachip's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on game
Join Date: May 2010
Location: My Computer
Posts: 10,508
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I get a 324 error saying "empty response" only when I'm on this site and while using google chrome. If I keep reloading the page it will go away until the next time. Anyone else get this?
is it the unable to load message? because when I get that I just cont. to hit refresh

other than that, no idea :(
__________________
Gigachip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
is it the unable to load message? because when I get that I just cont. to hit refresh

other than that, no idea :(
Yeah, pretty much. It only happens when I'm on this site. It seems to be getting worse.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Never had this problem. Not sure what may be causing it.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
TOMS1SS


 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NA
Posts: 12,172
Sounds like a bad network connection.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Does this happen if you use a different browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.) or only with Chrome?
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made SLDR
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,647
No issues here. Strange.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
No issues here. Strange.

Same here.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin
 
DevilsReject97's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS 6MT GHS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 907
Try clearing your internet temp files, every browser downloads them.... it could be you have a corrupted cookie/temp file. It would explain why this site all of a sudden is an issue and others are not.

Also, it could be as mentioned an issue with your connection. The site could be bogging down on your end, thus crashing the page. I've seen this on other forums for a very select few.

Last suggestion, would be to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. I hate Chrome, would sooner use Safari.... but people like it. Other than that, try as suggested above with other browsers (Firefox/Internet Exploder).
__________________


DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Try clearing your Internet temp files, every browser downloads them.... it could be you have a corrupted cookie/temp file. It would explain why this site all of a sudden is an issue and others are not.

Also, it could be as mentioned an issue with your connection. The site could be bogging down on your end, thus crashing the page. I've seen this on other forums for a very select few.

Last suggestion, would be to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. I hate Chrome, would sooner use Safari.... but people like it. Other than that, try as suggested above with other browsers (Firefox/Internet Exploder).
Thanks for your advice. I started using explorer 9 and haven't had any problems. It must be something with chrome.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Try clearing your internet temp files, every browser downloads them.... it could be you have a corrupted cookie/temp file. It would explain why this site all of a sudden is an issue and others are not.

Also, it could be as mentioned an issue with your connection. The site could be bogging down on your end, thus crashing the page. I've seen this on other forums for a very select few.

Last suggestion, would be to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. I hate Chrome, would sooner use Safari.... but people like it. Other than that, try as suggested above with other browsers (Firefox/Internet Exploder).
I reinstalled chrome and it hasn't done it since. Thanks for your advice once again.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,786
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I reinstalled chrome and it hasn't done it since. Thanks for your advice once again.
Cool. Glad to hear it's been resolved (so far)

I've been using Chrome for about 8 months now and I haven't had a problem to date...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #13
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin
 
DevilsReject97's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS 6MT GHS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Thanks for your advice. I started using explorer 9 and haven't had any problems. It must be something with chrome.
Rule of thumb is to always try it with something else to make sure you can duplicate the problem. I've seen two people log on to the same computer, under different accounts, and only one person have a problem with the same software. Sometimes software gets corrupted, sometimes settings get fubared....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I reinstalled chrome and it hasn't done it since. Thanks for your advice once again.
No thanks needed, just happy to help. Fortunately, my suggestion worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Cool. Glad to hear it's been resolved (so far)

I've been using Chrome for about 8 months now and I haven't had a problem to date...
Chrome is pretty much a hit or miss it seems for a lot of people. You either have problems or you manage to get by with very minimal problems... I won't use it since it's basically nothing more than a beta version ...
__________________


DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,786
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Chrome is pretty much a hit or miss it seems for a lot of people. You either have problems or you manage to get by with very minimal problems... I won't use it since it's basically nothing more than a beta version ...
The only thing I don't care for is that it won't recognize text shortcut keys like Ctrl+B for bold, etc...I miss that...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlanta Club Lounge musclecargirl USA - Southeast 18002 Today 03:14 PM
SS badging your C5 Camaro BoomBoomKid USA - California 49 01-13-2013 04:53 PM
3rd annual Buyers & Builders Oshawa CONFIRMATION LIST RickRay Canada 1891 11-07-2011 06:38 PM
C5 Owners Roll At Atlanta Motor Speedway musclecargirl USA - Southeast 48 10-18-2010 02:35 PM
Tale of two Corvettes... My old C5 and the C6 that replaced it. Cmicasa the Great XvX General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 12 02-08-2010 11:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.