Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #476
mclark10


 
mclark10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 4,102
The issue with my USB is that the display gets stuck on one song or goes blank, but the songs play fine. I've never seen it index from what I understand on here. They do play in alphabetical order and re-starts where it left off. I want the display issue fixed. I am using a Sandisk Cruzer 2G flash drive and if I press and hold the menu button to see the PDIM HW/SW version nothing comes up. Just after about 5 seconds the LCD says 'Done'. Am I doing something wrong? Also, can I play Pandora from my DroidX thru the bluetooth? It is paired for phone use and works fine, but I see nothing in the menus for this. Any ideas? I ordered the car and it was delivered mid-July 09. Just wondering if I have PDIM issues as well that causes this.
Thanks.
__________________
Cosmetic Mods- Under hood airbrush by JT's Custom Paint Garage, Big Worm Marker Tints, SLP Fade-Black Gills
Performance Mods- Moroso CC, CAI Inc intake


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
mclark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #477
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteRiverRacing View Post
I'm sorry but, Jeff is doing due diligence in case there is legal action. He came on here for them not us. I wonder how many cars the fbodfather has signed that don't work. I'm glad I didn't bring my 2010 pace up to CamarofestII.

I work with government contracts - suppliers do this all the time when they fail to perform.

They want us to go through the dealers so the SPC data doesn't bubble up to a level where they would legally obligated to do anything to fix it.

Jeff is their scout, they use this board for their own good, I would say they should be treated as a vendor except that would be disrespectful to the many fine vendors that truely support this board, the members and their cars.

Sorry for the rant, I've been stewing over this for quite awhile now.

A co-worker bought Hyundia(SP) last week, he raves about it, his module works, WTF.

Awaiting a response from Jeff.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #478
jmart53
 
jmart53's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Badger State
Posts: 575
IMPORTANT:
Alright I have my paperwork from the dealer, just picked it up today... this proves that I got the 2nd to newest PDIM module 20927509 [DA/DX] under warranty from a TSB for my 2010 Camaro SS. You will see it as item 4 on the receipt. "FOUND PIC 5260 ORDER MPIN TO CORRECT. REPLACES MPIN A PROGRAMMED PER TSB- OK NOW."

I wasn't able to get the TSB number from them(sorry), they said they threw away the paper... but this is a step in the right direction anyways

Name:  receipt.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  189.7 KB
__________________
jmart53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #479
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,101
Copied this from another thread just now:


Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy View Post
Mine is fixed !!

After much complaining and getting Chevrolet Customer Service and the dealership service manager involved, I now have the 2011 PDIM with version DB/DB in my 2010 Camaro. For the longest time they would only agree to the DA/DX version since it was a 2010, even though I told them people were still having issues with that version.

The dealer kept saying GM would not allow the newer part to be installed on a 2010. I don't know who blinked first, GM or the dealer, but it was installed on Tuesday and I am happy to report NO issues since then with my Zune. Random works and stays on after the car is restarted, it does not switch songs at random, go back to the beginning of the alphabet, or freeze up anymore. It also indexes much faster. Only time will tell if it solved the problems completely since the issues before the upgrade were very random and erratic. So far, so good.

The woman I dealt with from Chevrolet Customer Service was very easy to deal with and very thorough with keeping me informed and checking on the progress of my repair. The only hiccup I had was when the dealer ordered the wrong PDIM. Other than that the service manager was great as well.

All I can say is be persistant, be polite in your request, but don't back down until they agree to it.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #480
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 573
What is the latest version? I have CC / CE and am having various difficulties with it.
__________________
Red's at the body shop after being vandalized. Should have her back at the end of next week. She'll come back to me with some new stripes and (finally) with my Firebreather spoiler.
Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #481
jmart53
 
jmart53's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Badger State
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
What is the latest version? I have CC / CE and am having various difficulties with it.
I believe the latest is DB/DB... as seen above I just got the DA/DX which is the previous module before the DB/DB yesterday under warrant for my 2010 SS.

I myself also had the CC/CE one and had numerous problems I don't even want to start mentioning lol.

But all yesterday and this morning have been great so far with the newer DA/DX with ipod recognition and indexing.
__________________
jmart53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #482
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart53 View Post
I believe the latest is DB/DB... as seen above I just got the DA/DX which is the previous module before the DB/DB yesterday under warrant for my 2010 SS.

I myself also had the CC/CE one and had numerous problems I don't even want to start mentioning lol.

But all yesterday and this morning have been great so far with the newer DA/DX with ipod recognition and indexing.
Great! Thanks I just called my salesperson at the dealer and described what has been said and what is needed and he said he would get with the appropriate people and get back with me as soon as he can. (And he's pretty good about getting things done for me, too.)

Related question for after I get this fixed, do the files on my thumb drive have to all be in the base directory or can they be in separate directories?
__________________
Red's at the body shop after being vandalized. Should have her back at the end of next week. She'll come back to me with some new stripes and (finally) with my Firebreather spoiler.
Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #483
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
Great! Thanks I just called my salesperson at the dealer and described what has been said and what is needed and he said he would get with the appropriate people and get back with me as soon as he can. (And he's pretty good about getting things done for me, too.)

Related question for after I get this fixed, do the files on my thumb drive have to all be in the base directory or can they be in separate directories?
I can't speak to the DA/DX update, but I have DB/DB, and I use separate directories. In fact, I almost exclusively use the folder view when I'm searching because I've created playlists and stored them in separate folders.

You should be able to have as many directories as you want as long as you don't exceed the song limit (which I believe is 10,000). Keep in mind, though, if you have the same song in three different folders, it will count as three songs, not one. For example, if you have one song title stored in six different folders and another song title stored in only one folder, and you select "PLAY ALL" in the "RANDOM" mode, you will hear the first song six times more often than the second.

I hope that answers your question.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #484
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
I can't speak to the DA/DX update, but I have DB/DB, and I use separate directories. In fact, I almost exclusively use the folder view when I'm searching because I've created playlists and stored them in separate folders.

You should be able to have as many directories as you want as long as you don't exceed the song limit (which I believe is 10,000). Keep in mind, though, if you have the same song in three different folders, it will count as three songs, not one. For example, if you have one song title stored in six different folders and another song title stored in only one folder, and you select "PLAY ALL" in the "RANDOM" mode, you will hear the first song six times more often than the second.

I hope that answers your question.
Thanks for all the great info! Hopefully my dealer will get this sorted for me.

=edit=

Contacted one of our Camaro5 members who works at the local dealership and I'll be dropping my car off this Monday to get the PDIM upgraded and/or updated.
__________________
Red's at the body shop after being vandalized. Should have her back at the end of next week. She'll come back to me with some new stripes and (finally) with my Firebreather spoiler.

Last edited by Angelsilhouette; 05-27-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #485
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
Thanks for all the great info! Hopefully my dealer will get this sorted for me.

=edit=

Contacted one of our Camaro5 members who works at the local dealership and I'll be dropping my car off this Monday to get the PDIM upgraded and/or updated.
One last thing you might want to know. If you already have a PDIM in your car (obviously you do), and you upgrade to the latest PDIM, there is no need to reflash the radio. The new PDIM will come with the upgraded software already in it.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #486
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
One last thing you might want to know. If you already have a PDIM in your car (obviously you do), and you upgrade to the latest PDIM, there is no need to reflash the radio. The new PDIM will come with the upgraded software already in it.
Brilliant! I've written down the part # from the other thread to specify with them on Monday so I can sort of... Urge them to use that instead of re-flashing.
__________________
Red's at the body shop after being vandalized. Should have her back at the end of next week. She'll come back to me with some new stripes and (finally) with my Firebreather spoiler.
Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #487
Batman0837
 
Batman0837's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 365
So far, my experience has been that the SW update is utterly useless...Yes I'm a little bitter that I'm getting the run-around...
Batman0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #488
Gene Culley


 
Gene Culley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,386
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart53 View Post
IMPORTANT:
Alright I have my paperwork from the dealer, just picked it up today... this proves that I got the 2nd to newest PDIM module 20927509 [DA/DX] under warranty from a TSB for my 2010 Camaro SS. You will see it as item 4 on the receipt. "FOUND PIC 5260 ORDER MPIN TO CORRECT. REPLACES MPIN A PROGRAMMED PER TSB- OK NOW."

I wasn't able to get the TSB number from them(sorry), they said they threw away the paper... but this is a step in the right direction anyways
This is now the 3rd to newest. There is a new one out that just came out a month or so ago. We have sold a few of them already. In one of these PDIM threads someone has posted the part number and the HW/SW version. I'm not in the office right now so I forget the part number.
__________________
Founder Of GM Parts House

Home Of The Camaro Parts And GM Parts Specialist
Please Visit GM Parts House Online or Call 484.949.2099.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #489
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: hickville NC USA
Posts: 9,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
This is now the 3rd to newest. There is a new one out that just came out a month or so ago. We have sold a few of them already. In one of these PDIM threads someone has posted the part number and the HW/SW version. I'm not in the office right now so I forget the part number.
Gene, just purchased one on your website, can you ensure I get the newest one available, not sure which Part number I put in. Thanks
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #490
Gene Culley


 
Gene Culley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,386
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Gene, just purchased one on your website, can you ensure I get the newest one available, not sure which Part number I put in. Thanks
We talked through PM, but just to let everyone know, I keep an eye on the part numbers and if someone orders an older one I change it to the newest one.
__________________
Founder Of GM Parts House

Home Of The Camaro Parts And GM Parts Specialist
Please Visit GM Parts House Online or Call 484.949.2099.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #491
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Gene, just purchased one on your website, can you ensure I get the newest one available, not sure which Part number I put in. Thanks
I knew you could do it.

Let us know how the installation goes.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #492
SWEET SYNERGY
 
SWEET SYNERGY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition 2002 SOM SS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17
Can anyone confirm that the Zune HD works properly with the newest module? I had an old Zune when I first purchased the car and it worked ok other than having to change to random every time I got in the car, but unfortunately that Zune is now a brick. So I purchased a new Zune Hd and when I plug it in it never even finishes indexing. It reads as a PFD device but never starts playing. Also I have the Zune Pass so some of my music is "mine" and the rest is rented.

Just looking to confirm it works before I drop 100 bucks.

Lastly is this the most recent part #20985421
SWEET SYNERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #493
Eich
 
Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 560
I've been following this thread and it's hard to believe GM's stance on this issue to date. They have a new design that fixes a problem in every 2010 car and they won't make it available to 2010 owners under warranty ?

Wow. I'd sure like to hear the reasoning behind this. Without a good explanation, this comes off as pretty poor customer service.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #494
cmore
 
cmore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Tn
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I've been following this thread and it's hard to believe GM's stance on this issue to date. They have a new design that fixes a problem in every 2010 car and they won't make it available to 2010 owners under warranty ?

Wow. I'd sure like to hear the reasoning behind this. Without a good explanation, this comes off as pretty poor customer service.
I have a 2011 and am still having trouble getting the updated module for it, so its not just the 2010 models.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #495
homerlex
Wait'ns the hardest part
 
homerlex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS || 2001 Tahoe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 244
FYI - I just emailed my service department to see what replacement would be done under warranty for my 2010. He said the part number is 22797218 and the GM document number is 2661395.

He's ordering it and I just need to make an appointment for next week.
__________________
2LT/RS Black/Black, Manual with Polished AL Wheels
Order #NKNB5D Vin: 2G1FG1EV7A9132544
1100 - 06/09/2009 | 2000 - 06/18/2009 | 2500 - 06/23/2009 | 3000 - 06/24/2009
3100 - 07/14/2009 | 3300 - 07/14/2009 | 3400 - 07/25/2009 | 3800 - 08/04/2009
4B00 - 08/05/2009 | 4100 - 08/06/2009 | 4200 - 08/08/2009 | 5000 - 08/20/2009 |6000 - 08/22/2009
Target Production Week:Originally: 7/27, pushed to 8/10 then back to 7/27
homerlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #496
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEET SYNERGY View Post
Can anyone confirm that the Zune HD works properly with the newest module? ...

Just looking to confirm it works before I drop 100 bucks.

Lastly is this the most recent part #20985421
I don't know for sure that it's still the latest part number out there, but that's the one I installed, and my son's Zune HD works as advertised in my USB port.

Hope that helps.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #497
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerlex View Post
FYI - I just emailed my service department to see what replacement would be done under warranty for my 2010. He said the part number is 22797218 and the GM document number is 2661395.

He's ordering it and I just need to make an appointment for next week.
Be sure to let us know if it works. I'm not familiar with that part number.

Maybe Gene can chime in.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #498
homerlex
Wait'ns the hardest part
 
homerlex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS || 2001 Tahoe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
Be sure to let us know if it works. I'm not familiar with that part number.

Maybe Gene can chime in.
Someone else mentioned the same part number earlier in this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=406
__________________
2LT/RS Black/Black, Manual with Polished AL Wheels
Order #NKNB5D Vin: 2G1FG1EV7A9132544
1100 - 06/09/2009 | 2000 - 06/18/2009 | 2500 - 06/23/2009 | 3000 - 06/24/2009
3100 - 07/14/2009 | 3300 - 07/14/2009 | 3400 - 07/25/2009 | 3800 - 08/04/2009
4B00 - 08/05/2009 | 4100 - 08/06/2009 | 4200 - 08/08/2009 | 5000 - 08/20/2009 |6000 - 08/22/2009
Target Production Week:Originally: 7/27, pushed to 8/10 then back to 7/27
homerlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #499
Darkone
 
Darkone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oman
Posts: 168
So there's finally a TSB out! But no one's got the number?
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #500
homerlex
Wait'ns the hardest part
 
homerlex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS || 2001 Tahoe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
So there's finally a TSB out! But no one's got the number?
The service guy gave me GM document number as 2661395. Anyone have a way to look up GM documents?
__________________
2LT/RS Black/Black, Manual with Polished AL Wheels
Order #NKNB5D Vin: 2G1FG1EV7A9132544
1100 - 06/09/2009 | 2000 - 06/18/2009 | 2500 - 06/23/2009 | 3000 - 06/24/2009
3100 - 07/14/2009 | 3300 - 07/14/2009 | 3400 - 07/25/2009 | 3800 - 08/04/2009
4B00 - 08/05/2009 | 4100 - 08/06/2009 | 4200 - 08/08/2009 | 5000 - 08/20/2009 |6000 - 08/22/2009
Target Production Week:Originally: 7/27, pushed to 8/10 then back to 7/27
homerlex is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audio/Bluetooth/PDIM FAQ UCF w00t Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 118 04-04-2014 09:29 AM
How many people will E-85 their new camaro? Speed74SS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 57 01-03-2011 02:16 PM
* * * OnStar iPhone application - UPDATE * * * CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 142 08-11-2010 11:13 PM
Tire Monitoring System monevz28 Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 7 11-22-2009 03:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.