Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #126
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Do you have any pics of your interior as a whole? Really looks like some nice work you've done.

I still want those side markers. Looking for a group buy with the guys in J-Ville.
Hmm let me check to see if I have any up to date pics on the laptop. Otherwise it'll have to wait until the end of the month when I'm back home. But I'll be sure to post some not to worry.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #127
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
alright I get it, your thumbs bloodier than my thumb. Let's just see who's winning after my next mod.
Be careful. LOL

Quote:
Hmm let me check to see if I have any up to date pics on the laptop. Otherwise it'll have to wait until the end of the month when I'm back home. But I'll be sure to post some not to worry.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #128
The Stig

Quote:
:( no interior shots
Old 06-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #129
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
:( no interior shots
Well. When you get back then.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #130
The Stig

Now you guys can't really tell, but I'm doing my happy dance Because my car is on the internets. That's right. Someone else (not me) posted a picture of MY car on the internets. Kaylee is officially famous. Next thing you know we won't even be able to go out for a drive without cell phones coming out and people trying to touch her and what not. But, in case you want to look at another car here is the LINK

Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #131
The Stig

My ACE Custom Steering Stuff I got a ride home from the girlfriend so that I could spend Father's Day with my dad. Little did I know I had a surprise package waiting for me Here are some pictures of the stuff.

I didn't get a chance to install the visor covers and I probably won't be able to install them in the 24 hours that I am home. So they will have to wait until I get to return home at the end of the month. Never the less, they will get installed and they will be awesome.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #132
The Stig

Interior Shots - Because PQ asked nicely

*Yes, I am aware that they are a little blurry. Suck. It. Up. *
Old 06-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #133
PQ
Booooosted.

Very nice. Is all that stiching blue? Or light reflected? Looks sharp.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #134
The Stig

Quote:
Very nice. Is all that stiching blue? Or light reflected? Looks sharp.
All the stitching is blue. Sometime during the winter (don't remember exactly when) I spent about 3 hours doing all the stitching blue. I do need to go over a couple spots because they aren't as dark as I'd like, but no rush for that.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #135
The Stig

Bassani Headers and Exhaust

So I've been looking into LT headers for quite some time. More window shopping than anything else really. I've mostly only been window shopping because that little voice in my head is going "do you really NEED" LT headers?" but then the other voice is sitting there going "But I really WANT LT headers":seesaw: <- see it's awful. But regardless, I'm in a position to get the full Bassani system for a very good price. I've also got a possibly buyer for my current exhaust (JBA 3" + HF cats) which would help with the hit I'd take from the Bassani set up.

I'm a pretty logical person, I do EMS and firefighting so I've got the whole triage thing down. That's kind of what I'm doing in my head about this. Want vs. Need. I guess really I'm just being indecisive because I know that I really do WANT the bassani system. *Note: I was told that the 100 hp unicorn jizz is not included in my total price*

I guess I can't really explain what's holding me back from this purchase.....in all honesty I'm just weighing the financial part of all this in my head. *yay for being fiscally responsible and thinking long term* but at the same time, what's the fun in being responsible all the time? If I was responsible all the time and thought things through I would be driving a civic or something that gets 30+ highway.

But I don't care. Honestly I don't, I love Kaylee more than anything. If I were legally allowed (and not be judged by family members) I would marry her in a heartbeat, wouldn't even have to think about it.

But yea, sorry for the long post, kind of just started ranting for a bit. I mean it was a good rant, but still I kind of got off topic like 3 paragraphs ago. So, bassani 1 7/8" headers, 2.5" high flow cats, and 2.5" exhaust. Opinions, I would like some. Seriously though, I feel like I'm the only one in this thread sometimes.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #136
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
"you really need LT headers"... and a tune...

1 7/8" headers.
I had cats... deleted 'em in favor of cutouts... if I hadn't done cutouts, I would have kept the cats.

I think a 2.5" exhaust is plenty unless you are planning to go above about 800 rwhp.

I honestly think LT headers are a MUST with these V8s (unless you're going with a twin turbo set up later). They are probably the biggest bang for the buck hp gain you'll get.

You could wait on the exhaust if you want to be "thrifty." The headers do add a lot of sound on their own. Exhaust pretty much is only a sound thing. However, I HATED the looks of those awful stock garbage cans, so I got rid of them and said hello to Mr. Borla.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #137
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
"you really need LT headers"... and a tune...

1 7/8" headers.
I had cats... deleted 'em in favor of cutouts... if I hadn't done cutouts, I would have kept the cats.

I think a 2.5" exhaust is plenty unless you are planning to go above about 800 rwhp.

I honestly think LT headers are a MUST with these V8s (unless you're going with a twin turbo set up later). They are probably the biggest bang for the buck hp gain you'll get.

You could wait on the exhaust if you want to be "thrifty." The headers do add a lot of sound on their own. Exhaust pretty much is only a sound thing. However, I HATED the looks of those awful stock garbage cans, so I got rid of them and said hello to Mr. Borla.
Thanks Em, yea I pretty much have decided that I need LTs. The only caveat to the purchase is I either buy their full system (LT headers, HF cats, exhaust) and get the awesome deal OR I buy their LT headers at full price. Hence the dilemma. But I sent Bassani an email telling them that I am in, so only thing left is waiting to hear back from them about it. I highly doubt I will be going anywhere near 800rwhp (at least for now )
Old 06-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #138
The Stig

Getting everything lined up for my Bassani system. They are checking to see if they have any full systems in stock. Plan so far is that I shoot them an email once I'm home and then they will ship them out (after I pay of course). Literally have the biggest "ultra-grin" on my face right now. <- imagine that but BIGGER.

Also, I want to just point out. The Bassani system is not my mystery mod. *insert evil laugh*
Old 06-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #139
Darth_Emma

I have never heard of Bassani. Did you get a chance to look at them?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #140
The Stig

Quote:
I have never heard of Bassani. Did you get a chance to look at them?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148390

You could say that yea. I also PM'd PQ about them and got his opinion on the matter. I also don't really expect you to read the 60 or so pages of the thread. But the first post gives you an idea. Spoiler: no 100+ hp gains :( but they did show impressive gains (higher than one would have thought though). So if Camaro5 says that they are a good company they are fine by me.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #141
Darth_Emma

ummm. That whole thread is full of BS.

I'd make sure of what you're getting before pulling the trigger.

Why not just get some Kooks headers?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #142
The Stig

Quote:
ummm. That whole thread is full of BS.

I'd make sure of what you're getting before pulling the trigger.

Why not just get some Kooks headers?
Because I can get the whole Bassani system for $X,XXX, then I can sell what I have of my JBA set up $XXX and in the end in only down a small ish amount of money. Let's say I'm in the red less so than if I were to buy some Kooks LTH. So to me (right now at least) it is a numbers game.

Last edited by The Stig; 06-20-2011 at 05:18 PM.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #143
Blehner

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Black
You have basically what i want in my car...

Love it.. I'm only 2 week into owning mine, and already have the list of things I am doing to it.

Tinted tail lights, and side markers, Windows.

But I'm stuck on either getting my Stock RS rims Black Chromed or buying a set of 20" Black Chrome Havoc rims and using my stock rims for winter.. Living in MN I wouldn't dare use summer rims in the winter
Blehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #144
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blehner View Post
You have basically what i want in my car...

Love it.. I'm only 2 week into owning mine, and already have the list of things I am doing to it.

Tinted tail lights, and side markers, Windows.

But I'm stuck on either getting my Stock RS rims Black Chromed or buying a set of 20" Black Chrome Havoc rims and using my stock rims for winter.. Living in MN I wouldn't dare use summer rims in the winter
Glad to see your enjoying the camaro. Also, welcome to C5 The tinted windows were the first thing I did. Then I got headlightarmor's show/stealth tints for the taillights and side markers.

With me at least, most of my mods come down to plain numbers (hp and monetarily). I will buy used parts if I can, I mean they function the same but may be scuffed up. And then I also bargain hunt. For example, the Havoc black chrome wheels go for around $1,100 last time I checked. When I got my wheels powder coated gloss black the guy wanted $700 to do black chrome. So I mean if you are in need of a second set of rims then I'd say go for the Havocs. Also, another heads up. I got the Pirrelli Scorpions Ice and Snow tires for my winter wheels. They ran me just under a grand. But if you want what will turn more heads I'd say the Havocs.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #145
The Stig

In my waiting for the Bassani set up, I found this on the internets. It is a completely stock SS. So what you hear is just the Bassani exhaust vs OEM exhaust. Obviously having their whole system will be louder, but this gave me a pretty good idea of what the sound will be like.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #146
Darth_Emma

Sounds really good!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #147
The Stig

So I've been bad. Having not even spent 5 minutes in the Vendors Wheels/Tires section I got the itch. An itch that I cannot afford to have. Wheels. I must have spent 40 minutes looking at wheels. Something I never do. I was/am perfectly happy with my plasti-dipped OEM wheels. But, no I had to go window shopping. Stupid vendors section Oh well. These are my top two.

VR3S - Matte Black Center with Gloss Black Rim Shells

OR

F14's - Piano Black

And no, just because the F14's got two pictures doesn't mean I like them better. Forgestar just offered two different angles and Forgeline only had one. Will say though, I am partial to the matte black center and gloss black rims on the VR3S's.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #148
Darth_Emma

Forgeline is a higher quality wheel than Forgestar. I am looking for performance wheels now and have considered both of those too. I am probably going to get the Forgelines.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #149
The Stig

Quote:
Forgeline is a higher quality wheel than Forgestar. I am looking for performance wheels now and have considered both of those too. I am probably going to get the Forgelines.
Yea, I'm slightly leaning towards them. The spoke pattern is similar, but I really just like the color scheme on the Forgelines. That being said, they are out of my price range at the moment. :( But maybe eventually.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #150
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
F14!!! I like those a lot!!!

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1