Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #576
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
I guess it's up to the dealer if this is covered under warranty... let me try with my dealer.

Last edited by nashstat; 06-14-2011 at 06:08 PM.
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #577
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M CGM/Black Stripes w GE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteRiverRacing View Post
copper3000, which dealer in Tucson did you go to?

TIA
Chet
Watson Chevrolet. They are the best Chevrolet dealer for service in Tucson. Ask for Ziv Baker.
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #578
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Glad to see GM finally released the TSB, hopefully everyone can get theirs fixed now under warranty.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #579
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT W/CGM Rally Stripes
My New PDIM module should be in friday afternoon, so I will be taking my car in on Monday to have the module replaced.

Walt B.

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #580
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Darkone, the AC issue is a loss of AC in the vehicle. If you would like I could check over your VIN to see if you're involved. Thank you for the kind words copper3000.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #581
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Darkone, the AC issue is a loss of AC in the vehicle. If you would like I could check over your VIN to see if you're involved. Thank you for the kind words copper3000.

Thanks Jeff, I'll PM you my VIN.
Chevrolet has been very good about taking care of my beautiful car since I bought it, even though it has been mostly trouble free , and I know we all appreciate knowing we can depend on our favorite car company. Keep up the great work!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #582
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
For some reason I can't get to the 24th page of this thread. kmcd, if you would like to push for a reimbursement then I could try and get that going for you. Just send me your contact information and I'll work to get that going for you.

Thanks. I'll send you a PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #583
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Thank you for the kudos copper. I'll be looking for your message kmcd.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #584
RavenSS
Monarch is here

Drives: 2011 Summit IOM 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymc1 View Post
I'd very much like to know that too. I'm at DB/DB with a 2011 built 12/10. Since the DB is the software version can it just be a simple Tech-2 update to bring it to DD? The only issue I've been noticing is that the bluetooth icon on the screen showing connection to my phone seems to indicate it is sporadically connecting/disconnecting.
I've been having the same issue. I just got my car and I can't get bluetooth to work with my Droid. It pairs and connects once and awhile when I start my car, but it disconnects soon afterwards (about 30 seconds or so). I can make a voice call if I do so immediately after it connects. I can also manually connect through the menu, but then it disconnects again after 30 seconds. What gives?
RavenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #585
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

I just came back from the Service Department at the local dealership and they just replaced/installed a New PDIM for my car, prior to leaving the dealership I checked what I now have in my car and it came up as DB/DD, is needless to say I Am Very Pleased. Now if only OnStar would get the MyLink App to work on the PreOrder and 2010 Camaros I would be very Happy Indeed.

Walt B.

Mods Done
CGM Gills, "RS" in both headrests, GMPP Exhaust w/Tips, RJT XM Antenna, RS Foglight/DRL Plug/Play Harness, Leather E-Brake Boot & Auto Boot, HUD Installed, Full ABL doors & Dash, RJT Heritage Grill, T-Rex Lower Grill, Roto-Fab CAI (RJT), W/W Reservoir, V-6 Radiator Cover (RJT), ADM Race Air Scoop, GM Cupholder & Footwell LEDs, Retrofit GM MyLink (w/Nav), Frameless Rearview Mirror, Backup Camera, T-5 Splitter, and Conv Spoiler.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #586
StoopDude

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Got upgraded to DB/DB

Thanks to everyone on this forum! I have a 2011 i got in march and it has the CC/CE and has given me nothing but problems. took the TSB number to my dealership and they ordered me a DB/DB unit got it installed yesterday and is working great!! My dealership has been very helpful!

Now i just have to wait for the seal to come in to fix my real axle so it will stop leaking! they found this issue when i took it for a oil change!
StoopDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #587
nashstat

Just got back from the dealer. I told the dealer that I get random static noises while listening to my iPod. He checked and there was a TSB on it.

I showed the PI referenced in this thread, and told him that many of my friends (the guys and gals on this forum) are getting the DB part number. He then went ahead and ordered the DB Part number as a warranty claim.

My 2010 Camaro now has a DB/DD PDIM in it. Great service from my dealership.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #588
sting808

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
Now if only OnStar would get the MyLink App to work on the PreOrder and 2010 Camaros I would be very Happy Indeed.

Walt B.
Local dealer service is clueless and wasted my time. Bought DB/DB, problem solved.

After being misinformed by Onstar(on many occasions), I was officially told MyLink will not work with the 2010s by Onstar rep(April sometime?). There is no known plans for MyLink to support 2010 models, however, the rep could not predict the future.

I was told specifically in Dec on my renewal that it would be supported sometime by March. That's one of the main reasons I renewed. Based on this statement, the rep apologized and gave me 2-months free service credit.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #589
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

Well on Monday I also called the OnStar people and put in a Formal Complaint about the OnStar MyLink not being supported on Pre-Orders and all 2010. I spoke for a very long time with the Rep on this. What I was told is that it is still being looked at and worked on. I made it clear that I am willing to replace the On Star Module in My 2010 Camaro with one that will support the OnStar MyLink. Hopefully if enough people keep calling in and complaining we can get something done.

Walt B.

Mods Done
Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #590
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
I need to take mine in. Mine is due for an Oil Change as well, so i'll be bring this up as well once its in.

Once I go in there and explain the issue, do I just tell them there is a TBS on the "static noise" and my PDIM needs updating?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #591
nashstat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I need to take mine in. Mine is due for an Oil Change as well, so i'll be bring this up as well once its in.

Once I go in there and explain the issue, do I just tell them there is a TBS on the "static noise" and my PDIM needs updating?
Basically yes. Random static noise and that there is a TSB out. Then you show them the document that Pcolashan provided us with:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=539

That is the official document number. Step 6 clearly states that if the version is CE or DA, then to replace the Module (does not give a part number).

Tell the dealer that there were two part numbers that GM provided and that 20985421 is the latest one. Then the dealership can order that part under warranty claim.

Good Luck.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #592
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
Well on Monday I also called the OnStar people and put in a Formal Complaint about the OnStar MyLink not being supported on Pre-Orders and all 2010. I spoke for a very long time with the Rep on this. What I was told is that it is still being looked at and worked on. I made it clear that I am willing to replace the On Star Module in My 2010 Camaro with one that will support the OnStar MyLink. Hopefully if enough people keep calling in and complaining we can get something done.

Walt B.
Did you just use the customer service number to make the complaint?
Mods: Flowmaster, K&N Cold Air Filter, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, RX Catch Can with Stainless Steel Braided Lines and matching Breather, Stealth Bulb turn signals.

TEAM LLT
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #593
Chevrolet Customer Svc

MY1STCAMARO, if you need any help getting your PDIM issues resolved let me know. You should simply be able to let your dealer know you're having an issue with your PDIM sytem and they should be able to find this document in their resources. I hope you get your issues resolved.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #594
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Quote:
MY1STCAMARO, if you need any help getting your PDIM issues resolved let me know. You should simply be able to let your dealer know you're having an issue with your PDIM sytem and they should be able to find this document in their resources. I hope you get your issues resolved.

Jeff, just a heads up.

My dealership didn't know what part to order so they figured the right one would be sent when they asked for a replacement. The document doesn't tell them what to order.
So, they ended up installing the replacement that GM sent them and it wasn't the newest or correct one.
It would help the dealerships if the document told them exactly what part to order for a replacement.

Thanks for you help!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #595
nashstat

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Jeff, just a heads up.

My dealership didn't know what part to order so they figured the right one would be sent when they asked for a replacement. The document doesn't tell them what to order.
So, they ended up installing the replacement that GM sent them and it wasn't the newest or correct one.
It would help the dealerships if the document told them exactly what part to order for a replacement.

Thanks for you help!
This happened with me as well. They ordered the DA part for me. I went back to them and told them there is a newer part and gave them the part number. They ordered the new part and swapped it out.

Try talking to them again and tell them that your friend (me) had the same issue and got it swapped on his 2010 Camaro.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #596
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
This happened with me as well. They ordered the DA part for me. I went back to them and told them there is a newer part and gave them the part number. They ordered the new part and swapped it out.

Try talking to them again and tell them that your friend (me) had the same issue and got it swapped on his 2010 Camaro.
Thanks, the've already told me they will get me the right one.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #597
mattbaer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I talked with my dealer about getting the software updated. This is what I got back.

"I am not ness sure that that tsb will correct that problem. Upon speaking with my shop foreman he suggested that we call our technical advise center."
mattbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #598
i007spectre

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS
Ok so when I plug in my ZuneHD, it takes about two and a half minutes to index, which I expected and isnt that big of a deal. But after it indexes, and I hit menu to search it shows artists and albums merged together. Example of artist would be AC/DCeatles, and an example of an album is Abbey Road: Enterprise. Also inserting a flash drive brings up missing info. So it sounds like I should qualify for the tsb PI0055B. Should i make a copy of the tsb and take it or just go in and tell them. Thanks for the help. Also what part of warranty is radio stuff under, and how long is the term for.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #599
WCoolBreeze
2LT/RS RJT

When I went in to get my PDIM Replaced I took in a copy of the TSB and also restated the problems I had had since getting the car. I also took in a couple of iPods and I had a written statement from my daughter who tried using three different devices that she had. I also referenced the part number of the unit that the dealership needed to install in my car to fix this problem that I had since June of 2009. They ordered the correct part and installed it one week later. Now everything works like it should of from the start.

Walt B.

Mods Done

Last edited by WCoolBreeze; 06-28-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #600
i007spectre

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS
and the correct part number is...