Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #113
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
It's not the point though.
Why should someone go out and paint a brand new car, instead of GM stepping up and finding replacements for their colors?
Some people do go out and paint their brand new car because they want it to look custom; even when they don't "have" to. However I agree; customers shouldn't "have" to and why GM hasn't already found suitable alternates is a mystery to me. If I was in charge of my company's fastest selling high profile car, I'd have made sure within a week of the news from Japan that I had a back-up set of colors to offer.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #114
bigd1276
2012 IBM 2SS/RS
 
bigd1276's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Some people do go out and paint their brand new car because they want it to look custom; even when they don't "have" to. However I agree; customers shouldn't "have" to and why GM hasn't already found suitable alternates is a mystery to me. If I was in charge of my company's fastest selling high profile car, I'd have made sure within a week of the news from Japan that I had a back-up set of colors to offer.
What makes you think that they don't?
__________________
]
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM S22 RS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #115
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
What makes you think that they don't?
Have you seen any announcements/color charts/price list color changes declaring the new replacements? Since the price list is already released seems like color changes would be released as well, other than "the following are no longer available..."
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #116
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,436
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Have you seen any announcements/color charts/price list color changes declaring the new replacements? Since the price list is already released seems like color changes would be released as well, other than "the following are no longer available..."
When was synergy green introduced on the 2010s?

Nothing says GM has to announce everything at the start of production.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #117
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
It's not the point though.
Why should someone go out and paint a brand new car, instead of GM stepping up and finding replacements for their colors?
Come on now, Milk. They have a full slate of colors. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean GM has to "step up". They have, you just don't approve.

I respect that you aren't in favor of the colors, Milk. Just don't belittle the General because they didn't ask you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
When was synergy green introduced on the 2010s?

Nothing says GM has to announce everything at the start of production.
There we go. Damn logic.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #118
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,537
Please don't take my comments as belittling GM.
Like I said before, I just think the current GM color pallet is boring accross the board. I'm obviously not the only one that thinks this way, otherwise we wouldn't be having all these threads popping up.

Like always, I will wait and see what happens, but right now I am upset at the current choices in colors.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #119
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,436
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I wonder ... if GM is reluctant/unable to offer metallics, maybe they'll offer more tint coats? You don't need a metallic base for a tri-coat, right?
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #120
IBMROBERT
 
IBMROBERT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Simpsonville, sc
Posts: 74
Maybe they want to go the way of the airlines where they charge for everything. There are 3 colors now that you have to pay extra for now. If they add new colors for 2012, they'll probably be extra cost!
IBMROBERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #121
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,456
Quote:
Now that IBM is gone GM will finally bring us a better blue. I really miss ABM :(
A better blue speak for yourself.
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
Vengeance Racing Mast LS7 Headed 416
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #122
bigd1276
2012 IBM 2SS/RS
 
bigd1276's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,553
Can we all just agree that there needs to be at least one shade of blue for 2012?
__________________
]
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM S22 RS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #123
Tysen


 
Tysen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 2,440
Summit White was also introduced pretty far into the 2010 production I believe. Hopefully they release something soon.
__________________
"I'm a man who discovered the wheel, and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn! That's what kind of man I am." - Ron Burgundy
My build thread
Tysen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #124
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,487
IBM will return.

We are working on a replacement for CGM -- it will be somewhat 'richer'

.......and............


If we offered 50 colors -- there would still be those who were not happy with the selection.

We try our best.
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #125
AZCamaroFan
Camaro Vanguard
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,354
Richer Grey? Terrific! i like grey, but CGM really isn't a great grey in my opinion. you can't see any metallic unless you stand right next to it. Like i say, i like grey, but whenever i see CGM it strikes me as the least of any of the current colors.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #126
Chemical
 
Chemical's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
IBM will return.

We are working on a replacement for CGM -- it will be somewhat 'richer'

.......and............


If we offered 50 colors -- there would still be those who were not happy with the selection.

We try our best.
... Always to the rescue!

This is great news
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are CGM & IBM coming back or not?!?!?!?!?!? NoSyT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 59 09-27-2011 11:23 AM
CGM with IBM kcamarom Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum 0 01-24-2010 10:14 AM
IBM with CGM stripes? kalel 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 25 06-23-2009 05:51 PM
Anyone Have Pics Of A IBM Camaro With CGM Stripes? CodenamePanther Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 0 05-29-2009 06:38 PM
I give up! IBM CGM photo. kalel Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum 3 02-05-2009 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.