Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-18-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
DETROIT2010Camaro

Drives: ALL Chevys
Is there a Official Discount Thread????

Been a "behind the scenes viewer" for a while now, but since its time now...I said it was time to join and get my questions answered....

Is there a official discount thread??? I would like a thread that would help us get as much money off as possible!!! So far everybody knows about Employee Discount, Supplier Discount, and the 4.5% Credit Union Discount....but is there anymore discounts and/or rebates that we can Combine with other discounts??

It would be great to go in and get a SS at least $5000( or more) off MSRP!!!

So can we all help each other with Discounts and post them here...

Thanks
DETROIT2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
You won't see anything like that for at least 2 years. My dealer will honor all discounts and he is just outside the Detroit area (Midland). Here check this out.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13871
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
More importantly, is there a reference or a document out there somewhere that states that GM is accepting discounts?

I know that the dealers do not have to accept the GM discounts, but it would be nice to go in there with something that states that GM is accepting the discounts... and maybe proof that other dealerships are accepting them.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETROIT2010Camaro View Post
Been a "behind the scenes viewer" for a while now, but since its time now...I said it was time to join and get my questions answered....

Is there a official discount thread??? I would like a thread that would help us get as much money off as possible!!! So far everybody knows about Employee Discount, Supplier Discount, and the 4.5% Credit Union Discount....but is there anymore discounts and/or rebates that we can Combine with other discounts??

Thanks
You won't be seeing that much until next summer at the earliest.

Also, the Credit Union discount isn't 4.5% off the price. It's the same price as the suppliers discount.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:

Thanks
Aren't these the same? I was under the impression that Credit Union discount = Recent Grad discount = Supplier discount. Is this not true?
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Aren't these the same? I was under the impression that Credit Union discount = Recent Grad discount = Supplier discount. Is this not true?
Yes they are all the same discount and same price.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Discounts

Guys,
Let's keep this thread going. This information is very useful. Does anyone know for sure that the dealership will in fact accept the credit union discount and can we bring it in at the time of order or only at the time you pick up the your car???
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Guys,
Let's keep this thread going. This information is very useful. Does anyone know for sure that the dealership will in fact accept the credit union discount and can we bring it in at the time of order or only at the time you pick up the your car???
GM is accepting it but your dealer may not. You bring the paperwork and proof that you are a member of a credit union when your car is delivered.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:

Thanks
Yes it would be - I'd sign up for THAT ONE!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
DETROIT2010Camaro

Drives: ALL Chevys
Thanks for the replies guys....

Can somebody tell me How Much will a GM Employee Discount be or how much percent im looking at gettin off??? thanks
DETROIT2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys....

Can somebody tell me How Much will a GM Employee Discount be or how much percent im looking at gettin off??? thanks
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...846#post299846
That's the latest pricing info as far as I'm aware.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
RICK108

Drives: 2003 SILVERADO,2010 CAMARO SS
The G.M. employee discount i believe should be 10-12% off sticker or so i'm told... I just found out that my dealer will not honor the employee discount on their 1st 10 cars, bummer, because i was the first to order mine at my dealer. However, i'm told that another local dealer will honor the discount after their first 5 cars sold. the savings could be almost $3800.00. i will be checking further into this.
RICK108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK108 View Post
The G.M. employee discount i believe should be 10-12% off sticker or so i'm told... I just found out that my dealer will not honor the employee discount on their 1st 10 cars, bummer, because i was the first to order mine at my dealer. However, i'm told that another local dealer will honor the discount after their first 5 cars sold. the savings could be almost $3800.00. i will be checking further into this.
See my previous post. The price off a 2SS is $2357.25 or about 7%. There's no reason to guess. The info is there.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
More importantly, is there a reference or a document out there somewhere that states that GM is accepting discounts?

I know that the dealers do not have to accept the GM discounts, but it would be nice to go in there with something that states that GM is accepting the discounts... and maybe proof that other dealerships are accepting them.

YES-- keep this thread going, because I NEED the same document you speak of. My dealership said they will probably honor any GM discount... it's just they can't find any reference that shows GM will honor the discount.

Can somebody help out here on this matter?
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote