Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #43
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..I just had a thought, how about if they offered a special limited edition ZL1 with a LS9. The '69 ZL1 had the most technologicaly developed engine of it's day with the corresponding price tag. This creation should have the same as well. Wouldn't that be something. We have debated this all the ballpark before with adding a LS7 or LS9 as an option, but in a tribute package fitting it's lineage and legacy it would be the most impressive monolith one could come up for the beast. It's all about an exclusive offer with a much higher capacity for additional horsepower beyond what those other four letter word guys are going to put out next year. Beyond the reach of most in price...but priceless to others. I can only imagine how that could escalate the megaton horsepower race.

I think that's a fantastic idea for the reasons you mentioned. Also, while a completely different car and approach, this could draw some parallels to the higher priced, limited edition Leguna Seca Boss 302 model. What would you estimate a limited edition LS9 equipped "Super ZL1" would cost over the LSA version, $10-15k? That's not even considering dealer markups like the Leguna Seca experiences.

Regardless, as much as I'd like to see it offered, I don't think this has a snowballs chance in hell of happening. Fun to talk about though.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #44
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
They haven't said that there will be a 45th anniversary edition ZL1... but they haven't said there won't be. Have to wait & see.

That's a color I could stand behind, too Maybe we'll see it as a standard or additional cost color down the line; I hope, at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..I just had a thought, how about if they offered a special limited edition ZL1 with a LS9. The '69 ZL1 had the most technologicaly developed engine of it's day with the corresponding price tag. This creation should have the same as well. Wouldn't that be something. We have debated this all the ballpark before with adding a LS7 or LS9 as an option, but in a tribute package fitting it's lineage and legacy it would be the most impressive monolith one could come up for the beast. It's all about an exclusive offer with a much higher capacity for additional horsepower beyond what those other four letter word guys are going to put out next year. Beyond the reach of most in price...but priceless to others. I can only imagine how that could escalate the megaton horsepower race.
I think this is a great idea, but I agree with Shure'... I do like the idea of an ultra-CAMARO (though I think ZL1 is good enough), and agree LS9 would be perfect, but re-engineering another 1/3 of the car is going to cost out the tailpipes. It's not like people haven't spent that kind of money on their CAMAROs, so I'm not opposed to it, but if it takes away from developing and or improving the current models, I have a little issue with that. I'm loving what we're learning about the '12 suspension changes and interior improvements, and we know that many of those trickled down from ZL1, so those development costs were shared a bit. An LS9 ZL1 would go beyond that, and I could definately see customers complain their $80-$90K CAMAROs look too similar to $50K models, just like we see a little now.

However, as much as I want a new ZL1, I might think about waiting several years for this Ultra ZL1 to show up at a reasonable price in the used car lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I think that's a fantastic idea for the reasons you mentioned. Also, while a completely different car and approach, this could draw some parallels to the higher priced, limited edition Leguna Seca Boss 302 model. What would you estimate a limited edition LS9 equipped "Super ZL1" would cost over the LSA version, $10-15k? That's not even considering dealer markups like the Leguna Seca experiences.

Regardless, as much as I'd like to see it offered, I don't think this has a snowballs chance in hell of happening. Fun to talk about though.
It's fun to dream
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #45
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
That's for sure Shure...LOL (pun intended! )...on both counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It's fun to dream
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, camaro, future, zl1