Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 06:18 AM   #29
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Well, I'm a Bills fan ...
Yet another reason to like you...
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #30
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
In line with what everyone else has said here.

The other point we'd like to emphasise is "the answer".

We went through this with Hood stripes, headlights, and ABL. We understand that until GM or Scott give us that answer as to why it is the way it is, (the panic de jour as he calls them) the conversation/speculation will continue. But, once we have the answer we need to let that conversation die. Not to say that we need to agree with it but just accept it. The after-answer arm chair quarterbacking is as much of a huge contributor to the ongoing flame session as disrespectful posts are. No one likes to be second guessed. We all make the best decisions at the time. The fact that those decisions have been shared with us is a huge gift from GM. My take is we should be thankful for the insight. Again you don't have to always agree and we are more than willing to let you discuss it. But, once the conversation is exhausted, it's time to move on.

And like Killer said, we all, admins and mods, are getting sick of it.

Thanks very much, everyone, for hearing us out.

Please stand by, for a message from Scott later today.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #31
live2well
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Odenton, MD
Posts: 690
Umm so what are you trying to say?
__________________
Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education.
BrianC. :flag2:
live2well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,732
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Please stand by, for a message from Scott later today.

Is it good?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #33
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Your rules are my rules and I will abide by them. I was shocked at the number of PMs and reported posts TAG said he gets. Of course I understand it's your call as to what's acceptable and what's not, and if they're all valid concerns, then we really do need to clean up our act. And the repetitiveness and dead horse beating especially needs to cease.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I am asking, everyone, PLEASE, before you hit the "SUBMIT" button, RE-READ YOUR POST.

I, and I'll assume the other Mods., and Admins., as well, are tired of spending way too much time editing posts, checking for language, etc.! Instead of posting useful new information, engaging in knowledgeable and informative discussions, our time is spent policing.

PLEASE do not get me wrong! That IS the responsibility of being a Mod./Admin., and I welcome the responsibility. But the language, lack of respect, hostility, and lack of maturity by some, is getting way out of hand.

This site, as stated earlier, is a great site, one I take much pride in. You all should as well.

PLEASE! Show that pride by being respectful, using the proper language, etc.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Seriously....

7 PM's when I get home....and another 10 or so reported posts...(not to mention my regular emails I need to check)

I answer every pm everyday...at least I try...and that takes time.

Then, I go to the reported posts....and try to do what's best. Usually, and this is because I get on the puter a little later than the other mods, the reported posts have been taken care of. But sometimes they have not been. 45 min to an hour later, after re-reading the back and forth, a decision is made and the post/thread taken care of...or no action is taken at all...or, a pm is sent...etc. This takes time.

I LOVE being a mod...as does Moose and the others...

But this drama has to stop! The bickering....name calling....I mean....geesh.....

Let's do our best to be nice!...as I'd love to just be able to sit down and READ stuff and watch new videos....

I'd like to remind everyone here that we can discuss just about anything here. The reason we could go into some very "hot topics" are because we are respectful of other peoples opinions and stances. Agree to disagree and move on, basically. It's rather simple. The majority of the topics that cause recent problems have not been the topics themselves...but rather the way in which people go about discussing them. The message is not in and of itself a bad message....it's how the message is conveyed to the reader.

Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT.

C'mon folks...let's have some respect for ALL people here and enjoy what's this site is all about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
"Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT."

^^^^^^^^This is what needs to be stressed...

People we are loosing our patience fast when it comes to typing and submitting before you think it through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
In line with what everyone else has said here.

The other point we'd like to emphasise is "the answer".

We went through this with Hood stripes, headlights, and ABL. We understand that until GM or Scott give us that answer as to why it is the way it is, (the panic de jour as he calls them) the conversation/speculation will continue. But, once we have the answer we need to let that conversation die. Not to say that we need to agree with it but just accept it. The after-answer arm chair quarterbacking is as much of a huge contributor to the ongoing flame session as disrespectful posts are. No one likes to be second guessed. We all make the best decisions at the time. The fact that those decisions have been shared with us is a huge gift from GM. My take is we should be thankful for the insight. Again you don't have to always agree and we are more than willing to let you discuss it. But, once the conversation is exhausted, it's time to move on.

And like Killer said, we all, admins and mods, are getting sick of it.

Thanks very much, everyone, for hearing us out.

Please stand by, for a message from Scott later today.

on everything posted. It isn't easy, and I can see that most of these posts are because of enthusiasm and passion, and I can appreciate it. I think we always try to look at it that way, but it's hard sometimes when there are inappropriate things posted. We can all be better, so let's remember to strive for that.

JMVHO
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #35
Joe Remi
 
Drives: '13 Fiat 500C Abarth, black w/red
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vallejo, CA.
Posts: 216
Everyone's just stressed 'cause they've waited so long for this car and now it's here - but not quite. I e-mailed my dealer and asked when Camaros are coming. He said end of April and I thought, "Is it end of April yet?" He also said to let him know if I'm ready to order and I thought, "Is it 2011 yet?" Stress!
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #36
NightmareSS

 
NightmareSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Staten Island, NYC
Posts: 1,388
is it bad if we do stuff like this? sh!t...or f***...and wut about @$$ thats not really a curse....not trying be a smart@ss just curious cuz i have posted things like that...
__________________
NightmareSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,732
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Resistance is futile.

Just one thing though guys.

From time to time you guys bring this up. Obviously you can't name names but maybe you should. PM them or something. Or make a warning list. Something for us to know when we screwed up.

I want to comply, I love this site, but I don't want to be too sugary. Some may pull back more than they should and wind up not getting their point in at all for fear that they are breaking the rules when in fact they are not. And then we sound like Ward Cleaver talking to 'The Beave'.

If a person has been a problem do they get notified? I sure want to be because I want to be able to continue to participate and not offend anyone yet still stand behind my point.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I am asking, everyone, PLEASE, before you hit the "SUBMIT" button, RE-READ YOUR POST.

I, and I'll assume the other Mods., and Admins., as well, are tired of spending way too much time editing posts, checking for language, etc.! Instead of posting useful new information, engaging in knowledgeable and informative discussions, our time is spent policing.

PLEASE do not get me wrong! That IS the responsibility of being a Mod./Admin., and I welcome the responsibility. But the language, lack of respect, hostility, and lack of maturity by some, is getting way out of hand.

This site, as stated earlier, is a great site, one I take much pride in. You all should as well.

PLEASE! Show that pride by being respectful, using the proper language, etc.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Seriously....

7 PM's when I get home....and another 10 or so reported posts...(not to mention my regular emails I need to check)

I answer every pm everyday...at least I try...and that takes time.

Then, I go to the reported posts....and try to do what's best. Usually, and this is because I get on the puter a little later than the other mods, the reported posts have been taken care of. But sometimes they have not been. 45 min to an hour later, after re-reading the back and forth, a decision is made and the post/thread taken care of...or no action is taken at all...or, a pm is sent...etc. This takes time.

I LOVE being a mod...as does Moose and the others...

But this drama has to stop! The bickering....name calling....I mean....geesh.....

Let's do our best to be nice!...as I'd love to just be able to sit down and READ stuff and watch new videos....

I'd like to remind everyone here that we can discuss just about anything here. The reason we could go into some very "hot topics" are because we are respectful of other peoples opinions and stances. Agree to disagree and move on, basically. It's rather simple. The majority of the topics that cause recent problems have not been the topics themselves...but rather the way in which people go about discussing them. The message is not in and of itself a bad message....it's how the message is conveyed to the reader.

Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT.

C'mon folks...let's have some respect for ALL people here and enjoy what's this site is all about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
"Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT."

^^^^^^^^This is what needs to be stressed...

People we are loosing our patience fast when it comes to typing and submitting before you think it through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
In line with what everyone else has said here.

The other point we'd like to emphasise is "the answer".

We went through this with Hood stripes, headlights, and ABL. We understand that until GM or Scott give us that answer as to why it is the way it is, (the panic de jour as he calls them) the conversation/speculation will continue. But, once we have the answer we need to let that conversation die. Not to say that we need to agree with it but just accept it. The after-answer arm chair quarterbacking is as much of a huge contributor to the ongoing flame session as disrespectful posts are. No one likes to be second guessed. We all make the best decisions at the time. The fact that those decisions have been shared with us is a huge gift from GM. My take is we should be thankful for the insight. Again you don't have to always agree and we are more than willing to let you discuss it. But, once the conversation is exhausted, it's time to move on.

And like Killer said, we all, admins and mods, are getting sick of it.

Thanks very much, everyone, for hearing us out.

Please stand by, for a message from Scott later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
on everything posted. It isn't easy, and I can see that most of these posts are because of enthusiasm and passion, and I can appreciate it. I think we always try to look at it that way, but it's hard sometimes when there are inappropriate things posted. We can all be better, so let's remember to strive for that.

JMVHO
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #38
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Resistance is futile.

Just one thing though guys.

From time to time you guys bring this up. Obviously you can't name names but maybe you should. PM them or something. Or make a warning list. Something for us to know when we screwed up.

I want to comply, I love this site, but I don't want to be too sugary. Some may pull back more than they should and wind up not getting their point in at all for fear that they are breaking the rules when in fact they are not. And then we sound like Ward Cleaver talking to 'The Beave'.

If a person has been a problem do they get notified? I sure want to be because I want to be able to continue to participate and not offend anyone yet still stand behind my point.
People get notified and watched
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:58 AM   #39
ArcAngel


 
ArcAngel's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manalapan-NJ
Posts: 2,872
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Uhhhh ooohhhhh LOL nahhhh just kidding ahhhh
__________________
Through HIM you believe in GOD, who raised HIM from the dead and Glorified him..
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,084
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
If a person has been a problem do they get notified? I sure want to be because I want to be able to continue to participate and not offend anyone yet still stand behind my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
People get notified and watched
That's right; we do notify people. After all, there's no point in removing a post and then leaving the issue unresolved, right?

For the most part -- if we can preserve an inflammatory post while removing the bad bits; we'll do that. We don't delete the whole post because 1% of it was bad, you know what I mean? And the member will usually get a full once-over in terms of why it was changed/deleted, and what they can do to prevent that from occuring again. If you haven't been notified, it means you've been good.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,084
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Uhhhh ooohhhhh LOL nahhhh just kidding ahhhh
Unfortunately, ArcAngel...this is a very serious issue. One that we hope everyone takes away a lesson from...

My message to the members of www.Camaro5.com:

:( Last night, I was sitting at home...with a blanket wrapped around me and a box of tissues at my side. I feel like crap, and wanted nothing more than to enjoy the tail-end celebrations and excitment of the start of production early this week. Instead...I open my browser, and log on to find a rediculous, nearly 10-page, thread about an issue so trivial and so misunderstood it made my blood boil (and that's not good when you're sick).

It gives me no pleasure to write this. I often hoped that unlike other forums (not just Camaro-oriented), we would be able to skirt the inevitable degradation of maturity that plagues nearly every conversational-website in existance. It's become painfully obvious that we can't...or at least that we're not as perfect as I'd hoped. Though I denied it...I realized that lately, this site has not been as fun as it used to for me. This site is like my second home...and I can't begin to explain how depressing that realization was.

That thread last night, and others like it gives the moderators a bad name, it gives the site and all its members a bad name, and it gives the "Camaro enthusiast" a bad name to anyone who's watching. There are some who would rashly call us "fear mongers", or "doomsayers"; we're 'always' freaking out with the biggest explosions over the most stupid of things. I know they're wrong...but threads like that one don't do the preception any favors.

The good news is that it's not the end. We can turn back. In fact, all it would have taken to prevent that, was a simple review of some posts before people hit "submit". That's IT:

"Would I say this to someone's face?"
"Do I know enough about this topic to attack anybody"?
"Will I start a pseudo-riot"?
"Does this post lend any value to the section I'm posting it in?"
"Have I already been proven wrong?"
"Have I already said this...in this thread...on this page...twice?"

If a few folks did that then the discussion would have never blown up, and perhaps the thread may have never even been started in the first place....

As moderators, all we ask is that the members of this forum try to act as mature as we know they can be. Some of us joined this board just over two years ago, right after it first started....and we know that nearly everyone who posts here is more than capable of having an intelligent conversation devoid of insults; stupid remarks; and half-baked, riot-inciting, side-remarks intended only to get folks riled up.

We are more in-tune with this car than perhaps any other enthusiast group with any other car. As mods, we understand better than most that the passion gets the best of us, and the heat-of-the-moment sometimes makes it hard to take the 30 seconds required to re-read a post before you submit it. But if we take the concious effort to do that, this site can go on without obnoxious threads like the one last night. And what I wouldn't give to take part in that kind of site.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #42
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

:( Last night, I was sitting at home...with a blanket wrapped around me and a box of tissues at my side. I feel like crap, and wanted nothing more than to enjoy the tail-end celebrations and excitment of the start of production early this week. Instead...I open my browser, and log on to find a rediculous, nearly 10-page, thread about an issue so trivial and so misunderstood it made my blood boil (and that's not good when you're sick).

It gives me no pleasure to write this. I often hoped that unlike other forums (not just Camaro-oriented), we would be able to skirt the inevitable degradation of maturity that plagues nearly every conversational-website in existance. It's become painfully obvious that we can't...or at least that we're not as perfect as I'd hoped. Though I denied it...I realized that lately, this site has not been as fun as it used to for me. This site is like my second home...and I can't begin to explain how depressing that realization was.

That thread last night, and others like it gives the moderators a bad name, it gives the site and all its members a bad name, and it gives the "Camaro enthusiast" a bad name to anyone who's watching. There are some who would rashly call us "fear mongers", or "doomsayers"; we're 'always' freaking out with the biggest explosions over the most stupid of things. I know they're wrong...but threads like that one don't do the preception any favors.

The good news is that it's not the end. We can turn back. In fact, all it would have taken to prevent that, was a simple review of some posts before people hit "submit". That's IT:

"Would I say this to someone's face?"
"Do I know enough about this topic to attack anybody"?
"Will I start a pseudo-riot"?
"Does this post lend any value to the section I'm posting it in?"
"Have I already been proven wrong?"
"Have I already said this...in this thread...on this page...twice?"

If a few folks did that then the discussion would have never blown up, and perhaps the thread may have never even been started in the first place....

As moderators, all we ask is that the members of this forum try to act as mature as we know they can be. Some of us joined this board just over two years ago, right after it first started....and we know that nearly everyone who posts here is more than capable of having an intelligent conversation devoid of insults; stupid remarks; and half-baked, riot-inciting, side-remarks intended only to get folks riled up.

We are more in-tune with this car than perhaps any other enthusiast group with any other car. As mods, we understand better than most that the passion gets the best of us, and the heat-of-the-moment sometimes makes it hard to take the 30 seconds required to re-read a post before you submit it. But if we take the concious effort to do that, this site can go on without obnoxious threads like the one last night. And what I wouldn't give to take part in that kind of site.
Well said.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WITH ALL RESPECT QUESTION REGARDING NEW CAMARO!!! IROCZJEFF 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 21 10-17-2008 07:34 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.