Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #71
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaron View Post
OK. Great. I just got some Maguiars Ultimate liquid wax. I put it on my white car but can't "see" the wax against the white paint very well to know where I skipped and need to go over again. To see it as I apply it, I have to look at bright light reflections like I'm looking for swirl marks. Are all waxes going to be this hard to see on white paint or is there a specific recommendation for another kind/type of wax.

Thanks!
you can try the einszett glanz wax its pink, that will show a bit more on white cars.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #72
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Phil, I have Optimum Opti-bond and love the looks. It is way cheaper than Adam's VRT and seems to have better durability on tires. I have not used Adam's VRT I'm just basing this on reviews that I have read. I was wandering if you had used Opti-bond and there is a reason you like Adam's over Opti-bond?
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #73
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Phil, I have Optimum Opti-bond and love the looks. It is way cheaper than Adam's VRT and seems to have better durability on tires. I have not used Adam's VRT I'm just basing this on reviews that I have read. I was wandering if you had used Opti-bond and there is a reason you like Adam's over Opti-bond?
I have used both I like both, I like the Adam's just a little more.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #74
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
I have used both I like both, I like the Adam's just a little more.
Does it have better looks or is it the durability? Also I know that you love to use 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax. Anything special about it? I bought some Menz Powerlock from you a couple weeks ago, but I don't really like the looks too much. I love the slickness, I'm just looking for a layering wax that will give it more depth over top of the PL.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #75
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Does it have better looks or is it the durability? Also I know that you love to use 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax. Anything special about it? I bought some Menz Powerlock from you a couple weeks ago, but I don't really like the looks too much. I love the slickness, I'm just looking for a layering wax that will give it more depth over top of the PL.
I can't explain the optimum and the vrt I think I like how it goes on.

As for the glanz yup I do love the glanz. if you want more pop off the power lock go for a carnauba like Lusso Oro or Americana
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #76
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Do you guys have the Wolf Chemicals back in stock yet? I know over on DB you said that you were out about a week ago. And if so which of these do you suggest. I'm always willing to try new stuff. And how does the nano sealant compare durability wise to Menz PL or BFWD?
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #77
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
we do not have the Wolf's Chemicals in yet.

Phil
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #78
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Phil, if I ordered 2 bottles of Body Wrap and 1 Bottle of Glass Guard today, when do you think the shipment for those will be able to reach me? I know that you said the first shipment was already sold out before I ordered today, so will it be a month from now?

Last edited by Iomcamaro; 08-02-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #79
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
I have not used the Wolf's Glass Sealant yet but from the guys that requested it they do love it.

Update on the Wolf's we should have it ready to ship in 7-14 days, its in transit to us.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...htm#post313687
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #80
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
I have not used the Wolf's Glass Sealant yet but from the guys that requested it they do love it.

Update on the Wolf's we should have it ready to ship in 7-14 days, its in transit to us.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...htm#post313687
Thanks Phil. Your customer service keeps me as a return customer. It's second to none.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #81
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
no problem at all.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #82
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,365
Hello Mr. Phil,

Had a couple questions for you.

1. How do your foam pads differ from the Adam's pads that I'm using? Can they be used on the same backing plate I got from Adam's? Will they be more/less agressive since they aren't hex patterned?

2. On the Glanz wax page on your website it says "Because Glanz Wax is unlike any other wax, application differs slightly.

1."

That's all it says What are the ways it differs?

Thanks just placed another small order tonight and looking forward to getting my Wolf's in from my previous order
-Matt
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #83
DetailersDomain

 
Drives: Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Hello Mr. Phil,

Had a couple questions for you.

1. How do your foam pads differ from the Adam's pads that I'm using? Can they be used on the same backing plate I got from Adam's? Will they be more/less agressive since they aren't hex patterned?

2. On the Glanz wax page on your website it says "Because Glanz Wax is unlike any other wax, application differs slightly.

1."

That's all it says What are the ways it differs?

Thanks just placed another small order tonight and looking forward to getting my Wolf's in from my previous order
-Matt
Matt,

Just a heads up the Wolf's in route to us, there have been a few unexpected delays.

as for the glanz i have updated the description have a look.

our pads are great, what size is your backing plate from Adam's.

He's got 6.5 inch pads so if you go with our 6.5 inch pads they will work with your machine.

we have similar pads their colors match their products, in fact we should be adding Adam's foam pads to our site shortly.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #84
camaroaarp
 
Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
We are happy to be a part of CAMARO5, so please let us know if you have anything you would like to see, suggestions, comments, etc. are welcome and invited.

We have found having this thread is great for forum members.

Let me know what's on your mind, how to apply something, tech questions on detailing?

I will try to answer it the best I can also welcome others to answer as well.

Some good tips:

Engine detailing
HVAC Clean up
Free Swissvax Handbook
Ace Turbostick Videos
I just bought from Detailers Domain, and thet are, hands down, THE BEST. Good web site, best prices, no sales tax (legal?) and the fastest standard shipping I have ever encountered. Use the 'NEWBIE"'' discount for 10%. The sell all of the Adams detail products, and a whole slew of other items. I ordered my Adams products at 10pm on Monday and they were on my stoop on Wednesday when I got home. Screw Amazon. These are the dudes!
camaroaarp is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detailers around York region SWRocket Canada 13 07-30-2010 05:53 PM
Detailers in San Diego??? Roddd 1SS Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 3 07-18-2010 09:15 PM
NOVA Detailers Rafsanjani USA - Mid-Atlantic 2 04-01-2010 03:02 PM
Car Detailers XAnimal Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 0 12-21-2008 05:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.