Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #226
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,117
AWESOME JOB on the 1/4 mile and the use of E85, showing what the LLT can do with a little help.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #227
formare
Suspension by Pedders
 
formare's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland (Crown Point, IN)
Posts: 1,901
When I do the math based on 4100 pounds I get 379 rwhp. Can someone check my math?




Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I gotta say, it feel good to be back in the game. It feel like all the work and time I put into this e85 paid off for me. I can def say that for a lightly modified stock n/a we are at the peak of what we can do with e85. This is better than expected and Im glad I took the job to get to the bottom of what ethanol can do for our LLT performance wise.

Ok, now on to the result 13.5@104 with 2.18 60' When I first got there and made first few runs I was a little dissapointed because I was putting down 14-15 sec runs. First couple runs I was so nervous that my legs were shaking then somebody yelled "drive it like you stole it!!" So I said f**k it, and told myself that I didnt come here to baby my car and ended up with a best time of 13.5

Anyone want to know the DA..Density Altitude: 1543 feet, Relative Density: 95.56 %, 81F, 30.06BP, 58%Humidity.

So there you have it guys.. these are the real numbers and no low/high reading dyno BS. Just me, the car, and mother nature.

Ohh.. and I almost forgot, anyone still want to doubt that I am running under 300 to the rear wheels
__________________
My first Love. She was called "Miss Carriage" (still cry when I think about her)
383, Muncie 4 speed, custom linkage mated to hurst short throw shifter.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #228
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
When I do the math based on 4100 pounds I get 379 rwhp. Can someone check my math?
you might want to put me down for 160lb and about 3710 for my car. Online hp calculation is putting me like 325 at the wheels which sound just about right.

Last edited by bmorecam; 08-07-2011 at 09:38 AM.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #229
OOLIE

 
OOLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 1,644
Wow!! That is really impressive in that heat and humidity!!! Good news for us six bangers.

On seperate note that looks like a Dolphin in your avatar PoorMan
__________________
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #230
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 54,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Wow!! That is really impressive in that heat and humidity!!! Good news for us six bangers.

On seperate note that looks like a Dolphin in your avatar PoorMan
Yessir! Cameron Wake FTMFW!!! lol
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #231
OOLIE

 
OOLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yessir! Cameron Wake FTMFW!!! lol


Now back to our regularly schedule program
__________________
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #232
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
I forgot is almost that time Time to upload my purple bird.

ohhh.. sorry dolphins
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #233
formare
Suspension by Pedders
 
formare's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicagoland (Crown Point, IN)
Posts: 1,901
Danm good numbers - no matter what math you use

I get between 330 and 365 using this formula. You must spinning a bit on takeoff cause your et is high (mathematically speaking) typically you would use your speed to base you hp number - if you use your time then it does work out to about 325hp - but time indicates the average application of torque over a given distance. speed on the other hand is directly related to hp.

MPH = 234 * (HP / Weight) ^ .3333
ET = 1353 / MPH


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
you might want to put me down for 160lb and about 3710 for my car. Online hp calculation is putting me like 325 at the wheels which sound just about right.
__________________
My first Love. She was called "Miss Carriage" (still cry when I think about her)
383, Muncie 4 speed, custom linkage mated to hurst short throw shifter.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #234
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,623
It is one sweet and powerful NA V6...thats for damn sure lol.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #235
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,542
wow man 13.5. CONGRATS I cant imagine what your car will run in fall
__________________
CAMARO
Consult your doctor before taking Camaro
Side effects include Sudden increase in Heart Rate, Insomnia and occasional hallucinations
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #236
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice
 
usa1camaro1969's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
you might want to put me down for 160lb and about 3710 for my car. Online hp calculation is putting me like 325 at the wheels which sound just about right.
What calculator are you using? Plug in your DA corrected time and what's the estimate?
Stilll an awesome run. Sad when you're looking at 80* and saying it's good weather. Can't wait to see what she'll do this fall. Are you going after the ported TB from Tracy? If you're near BMWDon you ought to check out his ported intake manifold. The guy who did the port work really cleaned it up.
__________________
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
-Ricky Bobby
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #237
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
What calculator are you using? Plug in your DA corrected time and what's the estimate?
Stilll an awesome run. Sad when you're looking at 80* and saying it's good weather. Can't wait to see what she'll do this fall. Are you going after the ported TB from Tracy? If you're near BMWDon you ought to check out his ported intake manifold. The guy who did the port work really cleaned it up.
I guess when you was almost getting baked at over 100f heat than we get a night of 80f with the air feeling like low 70's is like heaven. I can't wait till fall weather, im sure she will be even peppier. Im def in for the ported tb but I am not too sure if I can just dish out 1200 for bmw's manifold, but like I posted on his thread I'll have to think that one over.
I was also using dragtimes calculator but every different one online seem to be giving me a different result anyone have the proper calculation?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #238
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I guess when you was almost getting baked at over 100f heat than we get a night of 80f with the air feeling like low 70's is like heaven. I can't wait till fall weather, im sure she will be even peppier. Im def in for the ported tb but I am not too sure if I can just dish out 1200 for bmw's manifold, but like I posted on his thread I'll have to think that one over.
I was also using dragtimes calculator but every different one online seem to be giving me a different result anyone have the proper calculation?
Don't worry about the HP so much. It's improving the times that matters.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #239
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Don't worry about the HP so much. It's improving the times that matters.
you are absolutely right.. although it would be nice to know EXACTLY how much I am putting down. Maybe once I finish up everything I can find a proven dyno house that deal with lots of 5th gen camaros and is setup to read correctly without having to worry about reading high or low even if I have to travel some.

Also, does anyone know how much does each gallon of gas weight? 6.3lb is what I am thinking. The curb weight of our m6 without passengers and with empty gas tank is 3740lb right?

Can anyone confirm this?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #240
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
you are absolutely right.. although it would be nice to know EXACTLY how much I am putting down. Maybe once I finish up everything I can find a proven dyno house that deal with lots of 5th gen camaros and is setup to read correctly without having to worry about reading high or low even if I have to travel some.

Also, does anyone know how much does each gallon of gas weight? 6.3lb is what I am thinking. The curb weight of our m6 without passengers and with empty gas tank is 3740lb right?

Can anyone confirm this?

Correct. I use 6 lbs. per gallon for avg. weight of fuel.

3740 lbs is correct for Manual Camaro. WIKI actually has it as 3741 but who counts the change.

Don't forget to subtract stock mufflers and add aftermarket set-up.

I know with my MRT's I dropped 32 lbs off the back end.

Depending on how much fuel you were running at the time, (let's say 1/2 tank), I have you at 3740+160+60=3960 total weight. Using your corrected DA pass for the time and speed. I have your crank HP at approx. 378.....NOT BAD for a 3.6 L V6.......
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #241
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,738
Ethanol is more dense that gasoline. Gas weighs 6.073 lb/gal and Ethanol weighs 6.854 lb/gal. So, an 85% mix would yeild about 6.737 lb/gal (guess chalk up another cost to E85, but still worth it from a performance standpoint). Even a full tank would only amount to about 13 lbs.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #242
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Correct. I use 6 lbs. per gallon for avg. weight of fuel.

3740 lbs is correct for Manual Camaro. WIKI actually has it as 3741 but who counts the change.

Don't forget to subtract stock mufflers and add aftermarket set-up.

I know with my MRT's I dropped 32 lbs off the back end.

Depending on how much fuel you were running at the time, (let's say 1/2 tank), I have you at 3740+160+60=3960 total weight. Using your corrected DA pass for the time and speed. I have your crank HP at approx. 378.....NOT BAD for a 3.6 L V6.......
Thats it!!??.....................................lol:lau gh: just j/k rcat..

That is about exactly what I was expecting and woudn't ask for more. I told myself as long as I can put down over 300 to the wheels out of this e85 after I get rid of the factory intake I would keep running ethanol at least until winter. If vince can get the cold start issue sorted out when the cold come I might not even go back unless I was taking a trip or something where there's no e85.

Thanks for the calculation and I will run again in fall and probably as soon as I hit the dyno again to test few more timing.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #243
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,632
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Depending on how much fuel you were running at the time, (let's say 1/2 tank), I have you at 3740+160+60=3960 total weight. Using your corrected DA pass for the time and speed. I have your crank HP at approx. 378.....NOT BAD for a 3.6 L V6.......
What's the 160 and how did you figure out the crank HP based on the DA? Did you use dragtimes?
__________________
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #244
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
What's the 160 and how did you figure out the crank HP based on the DA? Did you use dragtimes?

160 was the driver weight.

yes, dragtime calculator.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #245
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
I used dragtime calculation too but when you do the calculation from et and mph to horsepower I get like 325 but it say flywheel but I know that is def wrong. If I do stock camaro time I get close to 260 as flywheel too, so I think those flywheel numbers are really at the rear wheels. 300-325 to the rear wheels sound about right and where I should be right now. So I think rcats calculation is correct too.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #246
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,738
You definitely have more than 300 to the wheels. I think CatMan's calc is probably fairly close.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #247
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I used dragtime calculation too but when you do the calculation from et and mph to horsepower I get like 325 but it say flywheel but I know that is def wrong. If I do stock camaro time I get close to 260 as flywheel too, so I think those flywheel numbers are really at the rear wheels. 300-325 to the rear wheels sound about right and where I should be right now. So I think rcats calculation is correct too.

That's because you used your 13.5 @ 104 time.

Go with the corrected DA time

DA of 3418 based on the numbers you provided. 1543 ft., 81*, 30.06 psi, 58%

I get a time of 13.007 @ 108.644 (DAMN GOOD, by the way)

Re-ran the numbers using the more accurate set I just listed and it comeas back with 375.44 HP at the flywheel

Now figure 15% loss

You should be approx. 319 HP at the wheels.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #248
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
That's because you used your 13.5 @ 104 time.

Go with the corrected DA time

DA of 3418 based on the numbers you provided. 1543 ft., 81*, 30.06 psi, 58%

I get a time of 13.007 @ 108.644 (DAMN GOOD, by the way)

Re-ran the numbers using the more accurate set I just listed and it comeas back with 375.44 HP at the flywheel

Now figure 15% loss

You should be approx. 319 HP at the wheels.
That number just confirms it even more. Not sure if you guys are familiar with virtual dyno, but is known to be very accurate compared to a real dyno. If you was a evo or suby guys than you should already know about the program. I am currently working with brad barnhill on a beta to support our v6 camaro using scanxl logs and convert it to actual wheel hp. Our premilinary test also show right around that number at 325rwhp to be exact on 3rd gear wot pull. The program is free and will be available for us in his next release. Just another thing for us v6'ers.

and again, thanks for the calculation rcat
Attached Images
 
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #249
OOLIE

 
OOLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
That number just confirms it even more. Not sure if you guys are familiar with virtual dyno, but is known to be very accurate compared to a real dyno. If you was a evo or suby guys than you should already know about the program. I am currently working with brad barnhill on a beta to support our v6 camaro using scanxl logs and convert it to actual wheel hp. Our premilinary test also show right around that number at 325rwhp to be exact on 3rd gear wot pull. The program is free and will be available for us in his next release. Just another thing for us v6'ers.

and again, thanks for the calculation rcat
Very Nice!!
__________________
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #250
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
That number just confirms it even more. Not sure if you guys are familiar with virtual dyno, but is known to be very accurate compared to a real dyno. If you was a evo or suby guys than you should already know about the program. I am currently working with brad barnhill on a beta to support our v6 camaro using scanxl logs and convert it to actual wheel hp. Our premilinary test also show right around that number at 325rwhp to be exact on 3rd gear wot pull. The program is free and will be available for us in his next release. Just another thing for us v6'ers.

and again, thanks for the calculation rcat
Makes sense given your trap speed was also in 3rd. Looks like you and Brad have got it dialed in real close.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally, E85 tune is in!!! bmorecam Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 206 06-15-2011 08:25 PM
HP Tune question Darth_Emma Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission 40 06-15-2010 10:42 AM
Drawbacks to a mail order tune herkman Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission 24 05-28-2010 06:27 AM
Lets play a game 2SSRS@Gen5diy Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 56 09-26-2009 10:08 AM
Undetectable Tunes - What You Should Know kelley@vectormotorsports V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 159 09-18-2009 03:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.