Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Thanks for the post Scott .. in regards to working with the enthusiasts and what good or bad may have come out of it. I think everyone here appretiates the open communication that GM provided for this car. We are all enthusiasts here and that being said some of our posts or actions are because of how passionate we are. I think both sides can learn from this and it is all about communications and not jumping to conclusions. I hope GM would continue to do stuff like this in the future because I think in the long run it is a very good thing and when we think back to this experience we will remember how GM included us and it may make a difference on our next car purchase (for the good).

Thanks,
Crowley
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #16
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Oh yeah, and P.S.: In the thread all this hulabaloo came from, Camaro Scotty was once again right, and I think he even posted the answer on the first page.

What lesson have we learned? Trust Camaro Scotty! And leave Fbod alone before he has a stroke
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #17
69 rs/ss

Drives: 1969 rs/ss & 2010 L99 #3747 4/28/09
I have always been a satisfied GM car guy and continue to be. Scott we do really respect your decisions, and I personally am going to be very proud of my new Camaro and will make sure I let everyone know what a great car it is at shows and on the street.
69 rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #18
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I'm so very gald this message is well received by our members.

I wish you all could have seen the behind the scenes conversations regarding this. I'm sure you would have an even greater appreciation for GM and what they are trying to do with this car.

Thaks again, Scott, for taking the time to, yet again, give us the inside scoop, and helping us understand how this all works.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #19
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Camaro Fanboy = Camaro Fanatic = Me.

thanks Scott.

Everyone remember these 3 words of wisdom.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #20
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Thanks

I hope that the decision to be open and allowing the faithful into the decisions and "issues" is continued for this and any other automobile that is made by GM (and others). I hope you got some valuable information from us. You and your team have my sympathies about the downside and how it affected you.
I fully understand what happens when you open the door and expose the good, the bad and ugly. It never seems you can do the right thing and when a particle is not exactly what everyone wants, it all goes to $h@# real fast.
Maybe there is a middle ground, maybe not.
But in the end I think we all learned a lot from the open process. We, the forum folks, need to be more patient and less reactive. You the folks bringing us our babies need take what we say and how we react with a smaller grain of salt.
I for one have truly appreciated all the openness and candor that you and your team have given us. Really.
If it takes a week or more to get is as close to perfect, I'd much rather deal with that. Our cars will be "on show" no matter where we go and what we do-its got to be better than just "good enough".
Please get some sleep. We need you to continue your great work.
Thanks again.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #21
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I dont think most intend to cause drama or be critical. Everybody is just excited and keeping themselves busy running their fingers on the keyboard till the cars start rolling out.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #22
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
<----Fanboy

And proud of it!

Great words Scott!

I cant wait for the day my car gets in my hand, and am positive it will be perfect! Heck I ordered it how I wanted it!

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #23
ddennis

Drives: 1978 Z28, 2003 & 2007 Z71,

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 03-24-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: fixed.
ddennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #24
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I drank the kool-aid long ago...... and I liked it!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Amen & Thank you Sir !
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #26
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Bravo! Bravo!

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #27
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I thought that it was pretty cool of you guys to take the time and come on here and tell us the stuff you have. I dont know of any other company that has done it.

Thanks for keeping us in the know!

cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #28
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Thanks for the clarification and reassurance, Scott. And you can blame every bit of your increased stress and anxiety on instantaneous, worldwide communication....the internet. Not too many years ago this whole thing wouldn't have been possible, the positive or negative effects. And on our behalf, we didn't create the problems encountered bringing the car to production, we simply voiced our concern, complained if you will, about them. Unfortunately, that comes with caring.

I truely believe many, many people have been won over to become, at least nearly...gotta drive the car first...GM fans, and it was you and this early order program that accomplished it. My personal opinion of GM was half of what it is now when I came here October last year. GM owes you and the other GM forum participants a lot!!!

In the end, it would be nice to know if you and upper management think this early exposure made a positive difference in the car and MY 2010 sales, and if it out weighs the negativity generated from time to time throughout the process.