Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
jjjaroscak

Drives: Cyber Gray 2011 2LT Camaro
Passenger side rear lighting issue

So someone informed me Sunday evening that they noticed my right break lights didn't come on when I turned my car on. I went out and looked and sure enough they weren't on. I tried both the breaks and the turn signal and those both worked just fine but otherwise the lights weren't on. Then suddenly they came on.

I've tried a few things the last few nights and both the right break light and the read right side marker don't come on at times. I haven't been able to reproduce anything that makes them turn on after not turning on. I also haven't been able to get them to turn off except almost every time I turned the car on they would go out after a few seconds. I do have both the Technostalgia tail lights, and AAC side markers installed. I don't think this has been happening the whole time I've had them installed, but the first time anyone saw it was this Sunday.

I've pulled everything apart and made sure all the connections were tight, I've wiggled every wire I could reach but nothing consistently made them turn back on. Since it is both of these lights I assume it has to be related. Does anyone know if the wires controlling both these lights are connected at some point or what on earth could be causing this?

Thanks so much for the help in advance.
jjjaroscak is offline   Reply With Quote