Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It's 100% coming from the tranny side of the driveshaft. Put my face right up to it. I may have to take it to the dealer.

I'm going to keep driving it though. Might be a good time to beef it up anyway.

The popping noise is coming from directly under the shifter so I'm going to take that apart jsut to see what I can see.

I wonder if my warratny will cover it.......................... LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #19
steeleshark2


 
steeleshark2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kingsland, Ga
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
It's 100% coming from the tranny side of the driveshaft. Put my face right up to it. I may have to take it to the dealer.

I'm going to keep driving it though. Might be a good time to beef it up anyway.

The popping noise is coming from directly under the shifter so I'm going to take that apart jsut to see what I can see.

I wonder if my warratny will cover it.......................... LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That just sucks!! Keep us informed on what it finally is once you find out.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #20
Eric Baker

 
Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 971
Well it's not the u-joint, cause there are none.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
Well it's not the u-joint, cause there are none.
There is in the center isn't there?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
stupid question, i assume noise is not there when it is in park?only while tranny is turning dshaft?
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
stupid question, i assume noise is not there when it is in park?only while tranny is turning dshaft?
Noise is there when back wheels are moving wether the tranny is driving the shaft or wether the wheels are driving the shaft. It happens with the car off and just rolling and the tapping is faster as the vehicle gets faster.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #24
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,442
Damn Dude you got Buzzard Luck........ I am sure you checked the fluids first.

The top rattle could be from the shifter coming loose, basically becoming unbolted.

The bottom clicking/rattle could actually be a broken gear/clutch inside the tranny that is hitting when it rotates. You could pull the pan and see if you can see any material in it. But I seem to remember years ago something similar happening to an auto and the problem was internal.

You may want to talk with some local transmission shops to see if they have had an issues with this type of transmission in the past, just to give you an idea.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #25
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali - NorthBay
Posts: 2,010
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
There is in the center isn't there?
Yup, there is.
__________________
"You were really flyin' when I passed you back there!" - Born on 10/05/09 MyCamaroBuildInfo
hypurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #26
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
i don,t think the shifter would void warranty...but you better get ur a*s to the dealer b4 pony wars...7 weeks away...stop sandbaggin..
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Damn Dude you got Buzzard Luck........ I am sure you checked the fluids first.

The top rattle could be from the shifter coming loose, basically becoming unbolted.

The bottom clicking/rattle could actually be a broken gear/clutch inside the tranny that is hitting when it rotates. You could pull the pan and see if you can see any material in it. But I seem to remember years ago something similar happening to an auto and the problem was internal.

You may want to talk with some local transmission shops to see if they have had an issues with this type of transmission in the past, just to give you an idea.
haven't checked the fluid. Not even sure how. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Yup, there is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i don,t think the shifter would void warranty...but you better get ur a*s to the dealer b4 pony wars...7 weeks away...stop sandbaggin..
I only WISH I had a warranty still good right now. hahahahaha
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #28
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
I'm going to go with the little kid approach here but, it sounds like you've got rocks bouncing around. Like I said it's the stupid little kid approach, but I remember reading about a member whom had an irritating rattle and when he finally tore the car apart it turned out to be a rock bouncing around in some little corner of the frame somewhere.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #29
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I'm going to go with the little kid approach here but, it sounds like you've got rocks bouncing around. Like I said it's the stupid little kid approach, but I remember reading about a member whom had an irritating rattle and when he finally tore the car apart it turned out to be a rock bouncing around in some little corner of the frame somewhere.
I certainly hope so. lol

But it's the clunk that bugs me most.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #30
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
dead squirrel trapped in there somewhere? Again I'm using the little kid approach.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
dead squirrel trapped in there somewhere? Again I'm using the little kid approach.
nope. I'd kill the damn thing myself if I could. LOL
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #32
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,520
yeah... that don't sound like a u-joint. they squeak not thud
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #33
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
You should reall check the fluid level on the trans dipstick! Let's us know if it's low.






Hahahaha

How did vengeance let it go like that? Did they have any thoughts?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yeah... that don't sound like a u-joint. they squeak not thud
I learned when looking at it that there are no U Joint in front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You should reall check the fluid level on the trans dipstick! Let's us know if it's low.






Hahahaha

How did vengeance let it go like that? Did they have any thoughts?
In fairness, the noise was only every once in a while then. And isn't easy to hear now.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New rattle noise at 45 Mph and above... Edrock Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 51 01-29-2012 01:51 PM
Noise Coming From Shifter, Is Dealer Pulling My Chain? alterbrett Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 8 08-02-2010 01:46 PM
High Pitched Noise firefighterEMT33 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 9 06-09-2010 03:23 PM
odd noise form camaro camarogolfguy 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 21 04-27-2010 07:57 PM
Weird Air-Leaking noise... a_Username Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 1 09-03-2009 10:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.