Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Dealer repaired tire. Warranty?

I had a tire go flat at speed 80mph. The left rear went down immediately but the Camaro handled great until I could get it stopped. Once stopped I had no cell service so I used OnStar. I also tried the inflation/sealer kit and it did not work to seal or inflate the tire. Anyway it had to be towed and this was covered under warranty. Once back to town I went and had a few beers with friends at a bar and told them about had happened to me and I spent 6 hours on the interstate doing all this. One of my friends that works for a Dodge dealership said the bumper to bumper warranty should cover the tires and that the Pzeros can’t be patched since they are a speed rated tire. So on Monday I took the wheel and tire to the dealership and they patched it then charged me $15 to do it. So I went to the parts department to get another bottle of sealer. They had to order it and said it would cost $38. Yesterday was the first day that I have taken the car back out on the interstate and it has a small but noticeable vibration at 65-75. I’m sure it’s the left rear “patched” tire.
My questions are this.
Should I have to pay for the tire repair and sealer bottle? Is that covered under warranty?
Should the dealership have repaired the tire? Isn’t there some liability since it is a higher speed rated tire?

Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Replace the tire! They are not covered under warranty unless you purchased the road hazard policy that some dealers offer. The tire is no longer safe for high speed operation and if it vibrates why risk a blowout at speed.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Thats what I thought was just wanting to get a new set of skins out of it LOL

Oh yeah I thought it was a bit risky for them to repair a tire like this....... liability
Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The B2B warranty does not cover tires. You do have a tire warranty from Pirelli, which protects you against manufacturing defects (but not road hazards).

Most likely, you punctured a tire. Unless you have a road hazard plan, you have to foot the bill. I know people who purchase road hazard warranties from Discount Tire on new car tires to cover just this situation.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote