Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #51
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
At Least it's closer to the real color, looks good

Erhm... not closer, it's just Rally Yellow... (Mine's Shimrin PBC30, or Sunrise Gold)
Attached Images
   
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #52
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Erhm... not closer, it's just Rally Yellow... (Mine's Shimrin PBC30, or Sunrise Gold)
how much you pay for that if you dont mind me asking?

*edit* and sence you went that far slap some autobot badges on it complete the look
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #53
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
i noticed that now lol.
Yeah, I paid closer to ahem, 16k... and being totally nitpicky:

Sunrise Gold = yellow.

Sunset Gold = orange.

PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #54
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Yeah, I paid closer to ahem, 16k... and being totally nitpicky:

Sunrise Gold = yellow.

Sunset Gold = orange.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn 16k paint job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow just wow . Looks good though lol

*edit* for that amount of money as i stated and always state i will just send my car off to WCC (West Cost Customs) and have them do up my car with a more proper Deception theme
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #55
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
how much you pay for that if you dont mind me asking?

*edit* and sence you went that far slap some autobot badges on it complete the look
The "Transformers" pack is on it (autobot logo in the wheels, and not taken pics of it yet: Autobot logo in the armrest and Transformers door sill)

Still have to put the CAMARO fender badging on it, paint shop forgot to put those on.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #56
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
The "Transformers" pack is on it (autobot logo in the wheels, and not taken pics of it yet: Autobot logo in the armrest and Transformers door sill)

Still have to put the CAMARO fender badging on it, paint shop forgot to put those on.
nice well even though we mortal enemys you and i i love your camaro you did an great job with it
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #57
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn 16k paint job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow just wow . Looks good though lol

*edit* for that amount of money as i stated and always state i will just send my car off to WCC (West Cost Customs) and have them do up my car with a more proper Deception theme
16k does include the full stripping, and my erhm, well... prety demanding standards.

I specifically asked to spray some parts black (I don't like the strut towers in the body colour, prefer them a bit more discrete), the wheels needed to be custom painted, things like that... well, they do add up. In total the car has cost me a (to put it gently) quite substantial amount
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #58
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
nice well even though we mortal enemys you and i i love your camaro you did an great job with it

Thanks

But only at 95% of what I want it to be though...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #59
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Thanks

But only at 95% of what I want it to be though...
Dont you know this is a never ending game LMFAO

C.A.M.A.R.O Constently Adding Mods Attention Relentless Obestion IT WILL NEVER BE 100 OR 99% you will MOD AND MOD and never be done
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #60
Revo1
Camaronogamous
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,783
Now THAT is a special edition Camaro. Much more worthwhile to the paying customer, IMO
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #61
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Now THAT is a special edition Camaro. Much more worthwhile to the paying customer, IMO
agreed i just wish i had $$$ to make Nightfall truely worthy of her Deception badgeing. But for being broke and haveing limited things i could do i am proud of how she is turning out thus far.
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #62
Revo1
Camaronogamous
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
agreed i just wish i had $$$ to make Nightfall truely worthy of her Deception badgeing. But for being broke and haveing limited things i could do i am proud of how she is turning out thus far.
One step at a time brotha
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #63
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
One step at a time brotha
yeah how i been doing it. But in retrospect for owning haveing the car for 4 mouths i done ALOT and got it to a good point so over all i am pleased
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #64
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
Dont you know this is a never ending game LMFAO

C.A.M.A.R.O Constently Adding Mods Attention Relentless Obestion IT WILL NEVER BE 100 OR 99% you will MOD AND MOD and never be done

Oh, trust me... I'm bitten by that bug since a long time...

Probably a bit more "unknown" in the US, but this is my other toy:

http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...%27d+FFF&mid=0


(Sorry for the thread drift LOL)
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 AM   #65
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Oh, trust me... I'm bitten by that bug since a long time...

Probably a bit more "unknown" in the US, but this is my other toy:

http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...%27d+FFF&mid=0


(Sorry for the thread drift LOL)
YOU GOT A TVR YOU BETTER TAKE ME FOR A SPIN IN THAT

P.S nice color choise looks SICK
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #66
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
YOU GOT A TVR YOU BETTER TAKE ME FOR A SPIN IN THAT

P.S nice color choise looks SICK

Just a hint... google "W998 AFR"

(it'll become clear why I took the effort to go that far to recreate Bumblebee)
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #67
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Just a hint... google "W998 AFR"

(it'll become clear why I took the effort to go that far to recreate Bumblebee)
i always wanted to drive/see a TVR Sagaris IRL i love that car so much sorry for the thread jack OP lol. Sometimes threads just get a life of there own
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:23 AM   #68
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Yeah, they are nice to drive, one of the best handling TVRs out there.

Problem I have with it though: it's slower than the Tuscan, which has a far more aerodynamical shape.

Don't know if you've seen the online Pirelli movie "The Call"? Nice black Sagaris in there (which I planned on buying before the Russian owner of TVR simply gave it to the wrong people... who disappeared with that car...)
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #69
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Yeah, they are nice to drive, one of the best handling TVRs out there.

Problem I have with it though: it's slower than the Tuscan, which has a far more aerodynamical shape.

Don't know if you've seen the online Pirelli movie "The Call"? Nice black Sagaris in there (which I planned on buying before the Russian owner of TVR simply gave it to the wrong people... who disappeared with that car...)
i love it for its looks it is one of the best looking cars in the world today. and yeah slower cause of the smaller motor. I know the tuscan and the sagaris. Is like compareing the camaro to the corvette (in retrospect) but just like i would choise the camaro over the corvette i would choise the sagaris over the tuscan any day of the week
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #70
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
i love it for its looks it is one of the best looking cars in the world today. and yeah slower cause of the smaller motor. I know the tuscan and the sagaris. Is like compareing the camaro to the corvette (in retrospect) but just like i would choise the camaro over the corvette i would choise the sagaris over the tuscan any day of the week
Sagaris is always a 4 liter, Tuscans were available in 3.6 and 4.0. It's the bodywork that slows the Sagaris down in a straight line, but it helps with the cornering

Another problem I found with the Sagaris: the roof line is so low that it is almost impossible to drive it with a helmet on, without touching the built in rollcage, unless you drive with your head tilted left all the time (only RHD).

Tuscan has much more room, and an open roof.. but all in all, not much difference between the two in terms of handling (given you have a proper geo setup on the Tuscan...), with the Sagaris being that little bit faster through turns due to the more track oriented setup.

Anyway, back on track: the Camaro's a great addition to my little collection
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:50 AM   #71
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Sagaris is always a 4 liter, Tuscans were available in 3.6 and 4.0. It's the bodywork that slows the Sagaris down in a straight line, but it helps with the cornering

Another problem I found with the Sagaris: the roof line is so low that it is almost impossible to drive it with a helmet on, without touching the built in rollcage, unless you drive with your head tilted left all the time (only RHD).

Tuscan has much more room, and an open roof.. but all in all, not much difference between the two in terms of handling (given you have a proper geo setup on the Tuscan...), with the Sagaris being that little bit faster through turns due to the more track oriented setup.

Anyway, back on track: the Camaro's a great addition to my little collection
this is my only car i dont have an "collection"
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #72
PeeBee

 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bee" ZL585
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Luxemburg
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
this is my only car i dont have an "collection"
Like I said, it's only a small "collection"...

My daily driver = Range Rover Sport.

Camaro = fun toy, that I just bought, and still in the progress of legalising it here in Belgium.

Tuscan = supposed to be a fun toy, but ever since the original engine fubarred (4 and a bit years ago on Easter Monday), it's been off the road more than anything else... To a point where I am hesitating now whether to keep it or not...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:36 AM   #73
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Like I said, it's only a small "collection"...

My daily driver = Range Rover Sport.

Camaro = fun toy, that I just bought, and still in the progress of legalising it here in Belgium.

Tuscan = supposed to be a fun toy, but ever since the original engine fubarred (4 and a bit years ago on Easter Monday), it's been off the road more than anything else... To a point where I am hesitating now whether to keep it or not...
if you get rid of it what else will you be geting?
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #74
sonictonic
 
sonictonic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT 45th Anniversary Edition?
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 105
Send a message via AIM to sonictonic
I love it! I actually wasn't sure about the spoiler before seeing it just now, but I dig it. It's beefy and well done. Gaaaahhhh. Can't wait.

Now I just wanna see the interior! No pics of that around yet that I've seen...
__________________
Currently waiting on my very first Camaro...
sonictonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #75
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"
 
Nightfall's Avatar
 
Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictonic View Post
I love it! I actually wasn't sure about the spoiler before seeing it just now, but I dig it. It's beefy and well done. Gaaaahhhh. Can't wait.
take me out for a spin in it
__________________

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
Automobile Reviews 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2SS Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 33 07-28-2011 07:36 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - NY / NJ / PA 35 10-26-2009 05:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.