Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

View Poll Results: Which brand of exhaust?
Slp 7 7.37%
Borla 32 33.68%
Corsa 24 25.26%
Magnaflow 12 12.63%
Flowmaster 13 13.68%
Stainless Works 7 7.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #76
AVNMechanic

Drives: Want a 2SS/RS IOM
CAI, Kooks or American Racing Headers, Borla ATAK

Nice and loud from the videos i've watched. I'm going Corsa for no drone.

Congrats on the car, wish I had one at your age, and a lot of these nay sayers do too! Jealousy is a b*tch! Have fun, be safe, and treat her right!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #77
chevyboy81

Drives: 2010 1lt camaro with tapshift
i have a lt but have a magnaflow axle back exhaust with american racing long tube headers and hi flow cats. i sounds sweet but when punched can be loud. it all depends on what you want to spend money wise but you have to remember bout the warranty to. also the fact that you are younger would not help you if you do make your car loud.
chevyboy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #78
Sour DeeZ

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
KOOKS
2011 SS/RS IOM M6 --- Kooks 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers Coated, Kooks 3" HFC, Kooks X-pipe, Kooks 3" Cat-back, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Custom Quad Exhaust & Diffuser, Custom Tuned at Jannetty Racing. (2) 10" JL Audio w6's. Rockford Fosgate Power T500-1. Cache COE6.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #79
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
My setup includes CAI, inc air intake, Borla ATAK cat back exhaust and ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/cats...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #80
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVNMechanic View Post

Congrats on the car, wish I had one at your age, and a lot of these nay sayers do too! Jealousy is a b*tch! Have fun, be safe, and treat her right!
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #81
428SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Nice car man...that's cool. Screw the haters, damn I get tired of that. They are just jealous, but so am I...beats the hell out of my 1977 Chev pickup I had in HS.

A word of advice from someone who drives a car with red and blue lights for work ...be careful with those lights and drawing too much attention to yourself with an overly loud exhaust. I work a large city, but in small town's (which it sounds like your from) some of those good ole boy cops can be bastards...okay some city guys too. Most coppers love a nice fast car, hell it's a benefit of the job, but some don't cut any slack and if you get caught trying to by sneaky with hidden switches and all...well enough said.

Enjoy the car, respect it's power, take a "skid car" driving course...although at 16 we were all perfect drivers Enjoy...welcome to the Camaro world.
428SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #82
Needs Exhaust!

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2008 XLR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
dude, i dont understand, why do you have to criticize? i dont know what makes you think im a ****y errogant spoiled rich kid? i am just blessed. I dont get why there has to be some type of comment about my age driving a 37k car. but whatever, im just letting you know, im very thankful for what i have and appreciate every minute of it. the only reason i even mentioned my age was because i was pretty much saying that im new to the sports car world and new to the parts that go along with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS 1st gen View Post
Blessed huh? Here's some advice...

Read some mags, browse the forums, LEARN about cars in general. What kind of car did you learn to drive in? Did it have even half of the 426 HP that your brand new pride and joy makes?

Do you know how to recover from a skid? Handle oversteer? Modulate throttle for traction?

Do you know why a cam or headers result in a more aggressive exhaust note?

Do you care?

My point is, and I think many would agree with me..... you've been handed the keys to a car that most 16 year olds never get to sit in, much less drive. It's a big responsibility and you need to take a step back and realize what you're getting into. Cars are great and you'll love this one...but just take it easy man.
Bro, it's cool that you mention your age, but don't say that you appreciate it and your blessed when you let stupid shit like this happen. Givin' us young camaro owners a bad name.

Needs Exhaust! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #83
AVNMechanic

Drives: Want a 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needs Exhaust! View Post
Bro, it's cool that you mention your age, but don't say that you appreciate it and your blessed when you let stupid shit like this happen. Givin' us young camaro owners a bad name.

Stupid sh*t like that?? It looked like they were going 30 on private drive way.....

Last edited by AVNMechanic; 09-09-2011 at 12:16 AM.
AVNMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #84
DuhKoDuh

Quote:

thanks man!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #85
DuhKoDuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428SS View Post
Nice car man...that's cool. Screw the haters, damn I get tired of that. They are just jealous, but so am I...beats the hell out of my 1977 Chev pickup I had in HS.

A word of advice from someone who drives a car with red and blue lights for work ...be careful with those lights and drawing too much attention to yourself with an overly loud exhaust. I work a large city, but in small town's (which it sounds like your from) some of those good ole boy cops can be bastards...okay some city guys too. Most coppers love a nice fast car, hell it's a benefit of the job, but some don't cut any slack and if you get caught trying to by sneaky with hidden switches and all...well enough said.

Enjoy the car, respect it's power, take a "skid car" driving course...although at 16 we were all perfect drivers Enjoy...welcome to the Camaro world.
haha thanks for the reply and advice!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #86
Nessal

Drives: Lotus Exige
Quote:
Stupid sh*t like that?? It looked like they were going 30 on private drive way.....

I think he meant letting a chick drive it...which I don't see anything wrong with anyways.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arh, exhaust videos, headers, loudmouth, slp