Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

USA - Florida The Sunshine State

View Poll Results: Event Date Selection...
March 2nd-4th 36 56.25%
March 9th-11th 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #101
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
For those of you who mentioned Old Town, Friday night's cruise is for newer cars (70's+ I believe) and Saturday night is the MUCH bigger night for cars as it's the older years. I know they have a Corvette gathering one weekend a year and it's all years. Maybe we could try organizing something there on a Saturday or weekend for Camaro's of all years?
And then do something else on the other nights there aren't any cruises.
Just some ideas since I work at the Fun Spot amusement park right next door to Old Town and live in Kissimmee. I personally like the OC Convention Center idea since I'm so close. I'm gonna keep checking this thread.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #102
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyGamr2 View Post
For those of you who mentioned Old Town, Friday night's cruise is for newer cars (70's+ I believe) and Saturday night is the MUCH bigger night for cars as it's the older years. I know they have a Corvette gathering one weekend a year and it's all years. Maybe we could try organizing something there on a Saturday or weekend for Camaro's of all years?
And then do something else on the other nights there aren't any cruises.
Just some ideas since I work at the Fun Spot amusement park right next door to Old Town and live in Kissimmee. I personally like the OC Convention Center idea since I'm so close. I'm gonna keep checking this thread.
If we did something on a Saturday at Old Town the cars would have to leave the property by 3pm so the Saturday night cruisers can park. This is why the Ecklers Winter Nationals pulled out and went to the Westgate Lakes resort.

Sean
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #103
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quick update I made verbal contact with the Resort "Westgates Lakes" the lady is going to put together a package of information for me to look over and I will check costs and such. What I really need to find out is How many people do you think would attend this event. I figure I can get 15-20 cars from my local club as well as a few friends not in the club that would come.

Chime in do you think 100 cars, 150 cars, 200 cars??

Thanks
Sean
Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #104
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Drives: Red Camaro 2SS
Count Tri county in for 20-25 members..
RedDragonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #105
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Count Tri county in for 20-25 members..
Cool right now this puts us at 40 with the two groups.

Sean
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #106
SURPRYZ

Drives: 2000 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
If we did something on a Saturday at Old Town the cars would have to leave the property by 3pm so the Saturday night cruisers can park. This is why the Ecklers Winter Nationals pulled out and went to the Westgate Lakes resort.

Sean

River City went to Winter Nationals a lot when it was down in Old Town. Those were the good old days. How is the "New" location? Is there anything to do? Old town had food, go carts, etc. The new location doesn't look to have the same appeal?

-Rick

Follow River City Performance on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/RiverCityPerformance
SURPRYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #107
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
I like the Westgate resorts location. Would be even nice to add going to one of the parks with everyone where a Chevy/Camaro shirt. If Corvettes come well they were a Corvette shirt. If everyone left the hotel very early the next day for the park we could have a whole section of just Camaros at the park. I'm sure they never seen that.

If that idea is kind of appealing maybe I can call the park(s) to find out if we can get some type of discount for bringing 100+ patrons to the park.

I don't know but its an idea.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #108
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
As you know we are just getting off the ground over here. Our second meet is this Saturday. We currently have around 20 members with about half i know are very active. Id say a prelim count for us would be maybe 10 cars. We have 5 heading to pony wars so sure we can do double for this at least.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #109
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
depending on my schedule, i might could spring for this... that is if Corvettes are allowed
Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #110
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Florida Camaro Gathering"2012"

Think this is a great Idea.Want to try to get the word out down here in the Port Charlotte/Ft.Myers area.Not everybody knows about the C5 website. Like the resort idea,keeping the cars at the same place.--Then we could ride out in force to any events we wanted to hit that day.Keeping an eye on this thread. Let Do It!!!!!
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #111
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
FLORIDA CAMARO GATHERING "2012"

I'm Back.just wanted to get the word out to any C5 members in the Ft.Myers.Port Charlotte,Sarastoa area.Lets get the word out about this spring meet.Maybe we can get a few people together down here in Port Charlotte to hash out some ideas on how to get the word out.--Put them on this thread!! later--
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #112
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2005 TITAN
sounds like a good time.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #113
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Yes it would be fun. Depending on the time frame, I could say 10+ from Jacksonville.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #114
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

"1st Annual Sunshine State Camaro Fest"

Just a quick update (9/13/11) we are in business the resort has gotten back to me here are the details rates for the rooms I told them to base it off 100 rooms.

Now the question is do we want to move forward with this idea or continue to look for other venus?

GUEST ROOM RATES:

$99.00 - Executive Studios: sleeps up to 4 each executive studio includes a king bed, sleeper sofa, kitchenette, whirlpool tub, screened patio and wireless internet access.

$135.00 - One Bedroom Suite: sleeps up to 4; king size bed in master, sleeper sofa, kitchenette with microwave and two-burner stove top, full-size refrigerator, whirlpool tub, and washer/dryer.

$215.00 - Two Bedroom Suite: sleeps up to 8; King size bed in master, two double beds in second bedroom, whirlpool tub, spacious floor plan, fully equipped kitchen, Sleeper sofa, Large screen TV, private terrace, washer/dryer

$315.00 - Three Bedroom Suite : sleeps up to 12; King size bed in master, two double beds in second bedroom, king size bed in third bedroom, whirlpool tub, spacious floor plan, fully equipped kitchen, 2 Sleeper sofas, Large screen TV, private terrace, washer/dryer.

$385.00 - Four Bedroom Suite : sleeps up to 16; King size bed in master, two double beds in second bedroom, king size bed in third bedroom and fourth bedroom, whirlpool tub, spacious floor plan, fully equipped kitchen, 3 Sleeper sofas, Large screen TV, private terrace, washer/dryer.

The above rates are per night and do not include tax presently at 12.5% in Florida, unless exempt. Please note: discounted group rates are valid when 5 or more rooms are booked. Please note there is a $9.95 resort fee per night not included in the rate above.

Please note the group rate does not include a $9.95 resort fee per night, per reservation. The Nightly Resort Fee includes the following resort services: WiFi Internet Access, Local Calls, Fitness Center, In-Room Safes, Sports Courts Access, Putt Putt Golf, Boarding Pass Printing, Bike Rentals and Sports Equipment Rentals.

-We will honor these group rates +/-3 days of your trip to allow for early arrivals and stayovers

-The parking area is FREE to us (blocked off for show cars only & foot traffic)
-Security provided by the resort 24 hours
-Special rates for the show (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
-Wash Facility on the property
-use of all facilities on the property (fitness rooms, restaurants, pools, parks, playground)
-For those who are trailering I am working on parking off site (next door Westgate Lakes overflow parking we use this for the Winter National show)

What is around the resort

You are 5 minutes from both Universal Studios, Sea World, and 10 minutes from Disney World. International Drive resort area is 1 mile down the road several area malls are a few miles away (Prime Outlet mall, Premiere Outlet mall, Florida Mall, Festival bay, and Point Orlando). A Wal-Mart is 2 traffic lights north of the resort as well as a hospital.

Restaurants far too many to list here are a few (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chill’s, Fridays, Don Pablo’s, Dave & Busters, BK, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Subway, Pizza hut, Domino’s, Papa John’s, ect…..)

Sean
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #115
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
That is good news sean. Sounds great.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #116
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
"1st Annual Sunshine State Camaro Fest"

Just a quick update (9/13/11) we are in business the resort has gotten back to me here are the details rates for the rooms I told them to base it off 100 rooms.

Now the question is do we want to move forward with this idea or continue to look for other venus?

GUEST ROOM RATES:

$99.00 - Executive Studios: sleeps up to 4 each executive studio includes a king bed, sleeper sofa, kitchenette, whirlpool tub, screened patio and wireless internet access.

$135.00 - One Bedroom Suite: sleeps up to 4; king size bed in master, sleeper sofa, kitchenette with microwave and two-burner stove top, full-size refrigerator, whirlpool tub, and washer/dryer.

$215.00 - Two Bedroom Suite: sleeps up to 8; King size bed in master, two double beds in second bedroom, whirlpool tub, spacious floor plan, fully equipped kitchen, Sleeper sofa, Large screen TV, private terrace, washer/dryer

$315.00 - Three Bedroom Suite : sleeps up to 12; King size bed in master, two double beds in second bedroom, king size bed in third bedroom, whirlpool tub, spacious floor plan, fully equipped kitchen, 2 Sleeper sofas, Large screen TV, private terrace, washer/dryer.

$385.00 - Four Bedroom Suite : sleeps up to 16; King size bed in master, two double beds in second bedroom, king size bed in third bedroom and fourth bedroom, whirlpool tub, spacious floor plan, fully equipped kitchen, 3 Sleeper sofas, Large screen TV, private terrace, washer/dryer.

The above rates are per night and do not include tax presently at 12.5% in Florida, unless exempt. Please note: discounted group rates are valid when 5 or more rooms are booked. Please note there is a $9.95 resort fee per night not included in the rate above.

Please note the group rate does not include a $9.95 resort fee per night, per reservation. The Nightly Resort Fee includes the following resort services: WiFi Internet Access, Local Calls, Fitness Center, In-Room Safes, Sports Courts Access, Putt Putt Golf, Boarding Pass Printing, Bike Rentals and Sports Equipment Rentals.

-We will honor these group rates +/-3 days of your trip to allow for early arrivals and stayovers

-The parking area is FREE to us (blocked off for show cars only & foot traffic)
-Security provided by the resort 24 hours
-Special rates for the show (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
-Wash Facility on the property
-use of all facilities on the property (fitness rooms, restaurants, pools, parks, playground)
-For those who are trailering I am working on parking off site (next door Westgate Lakes overflow parking we use this for the Winter National show)

What is around the resort

You are 5 minutes from both Universal Studios, Sea World, and 10 minutes from Disney World. International Drive resort area is 1 mile down the road several area malls are a few miles away (Prime Outlet mall, Premiere Outlet mall, Florida Mall, Festival bay, and Point Orlando). A Wal-Mart is 2 traffic lights north of the resort as well as a hospital.

Restaurants far too many to list here are a few (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chill’s, Fridays, Don Pablo’s, Dave & Busters, BK, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Subway, Pizza hut, Domino’s, Papa John’s, ect…..)

Sean
I definitely like this. We should start putting a date together. Nice weather, car enthusiasts camaraderie and the parks. Come on its a win win situation.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #117
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Great job Sean...
I like the idea of the resort especially since there open to having us and they have done this before..

Let's start working on a date.. Should definitely be after the new years to make it a 2012 event hopefully have a few ZL1 cruising in...

January?

Febuary?

March?

I will put up a poll later today...
Old 09-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #118
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Some ideas to toss around for the group of things to do

We can do a registration fee that will cover the cost of trophies, and name badges, event shirt, and maybe dash cards ($25 a car).

-Show and Shine car show (Jundged and non-judged cars) we can do a 100pt judging for those who want to me judged.

I can get with my local club to see if they would like to help organize (help put on the event) so everyone can sit back and enjoy the event. I can also get with our club sponsor "David Maus Chevrolet" to see if they can help sponsor this show.

We can have a break down like the following.

Stock AppearingNo "number crunching". If the car looks like an SS, its an SS. Same as original size radial tires allowed. Any color original to your year is allowed. Any color or style original interior original to your year allowed. Stock appearing exhaust systems. Chrome adders, or excessive polishing of original components, will be a modification.

ReunionAny persons not wishing to have their car judged will fall into this class and be eligible for a specialty award. Cars in any condition are welcome. The owner need not even wash the car. As long as they brought it, it's eligible.

Modified-One to three modifications in the following areas: Engine, Engine Compartment, Interior, Body and Paint, Suspension, Exhaust, Wheel and Tire. For example: If there are three changes to the engine, this would be one modification; If there is one change to the engine, and one change to the suspension, this would be two modifications.

Super-modifiedFour or more modifications. The sky is the limit as long as there are no body cuts.

ProAny body cuts will put a car into this class. Examples are but not limited to: Pro Street , Pro Touring, or NASCAR. Roll bars will also put a car into this class.

TraileredIf you trailer your car to the Host Hotel its in the Trailered Class. If you drive it to the Host Hotel, or to any off property events, it isn't. No discussion, no exceptions.

V6 Fbodies
You will have the option of showing your car in this combined class for V6 Fbodies. However if you prefer to show in one of the primary classes, you may. We will award the Top 6 cars.

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 09-13-2011 at 12:09 PM.
01pewterz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #119
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

The resort said March is the best month for them (Feb they have the Winter Nationals and then the Nascar group), April Spring Break.

These are the best weekends for the Resort

March 2-4
or
March 9-11
Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #120
camarovigoa
10 Sec Club

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:
Some ideas to toss around for the group of things to do

We can do a registration fee that will cover the cost of trophies, and name badges, maybe dash cards ($10-$15 a car).

-Show and Shine car show (Jundged and non-judged cars) we can do a 100pt judging for those who want to me judged.

We can have a break down like the following.

Stock AppearingNo "number crunching". If the car looks like an SS, its an SS. Same as original size radial tires allowed. Any color original to your year is allowed. Any color or style original interior original to your year allowed. Stock appearing exhaust systems. Chrome adders, or excessive polishing of original components, will be a modification.

ReunionAny persons not wishing to have their car judged will fall into this class and be eligible for a specialty award. Cars in any condition are welcome. The owner need not even wash the car. As long as they brought it, it's eligible.

Modified-One to three modifications in the following areas: Engine, Engine Compartment, Interior, Body and Paint, Suspension, Exhaust, Wheel and Tire. For example: If there are three changes to the engine, this would be one modification; If there is one change to the engine, and one change to the suspension, this would be two modifications.

Super-modifiedFour or more modifications. The sky is the limit as long as there are no body cuts.

ProAny body cuts will put a car into this class. Examples are but not limited to: Pro Street , Pro Touring, or NASCAR. Roll bars will also put a car into this class.

TraileredIf you trailer your car to the Host Hotel its in the Trailered Class. If you drive it to the Host Hotel, or to any off property events, it isn't. No discussion, no exceptions.

V6 Fbodies
You will have the option of showing your car in this combined class for V6 Fbodies. However if you prefer to show in one of the primary classes, you may. We will award the Top 6 cars.
I LIKE IT!!!

camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #121
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Sounds great... March sounds good to me.. Now to decide on which weekend is best for everyone.. Poll is going up asap..
Old 09-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #122
RedDragonSS
Account Suspended

Poll is up...
Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #123
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Voted
Old 09-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #124
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
If anybody gets bored I can see about getting a group and employee discount at Fun Spot. Go-karts, rides and a skycoaster if anybody is interested.
I'm down for this though so +1 since I'm not in any car group. This sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. Would I be able to leave and come back since I live close enough to not need a hotel room?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #125
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Sean (pewter) got it on lock!..

I will be doing turkey run most likely as well, but would like to have a Camaro get up in Orlando.
Performance: 439 RWHP A6: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, FTI Converter, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Appearance:Smoked side markers and black bowties. Blk / Blue Carbon Fiber interior trim.

Next in order: F14s, 3.70 gears, DSS Axles, End links/Toe rods/trailing arms, Ported heads, S/C.

1100 7/02 Ordered
3800 8/09 Order produced
4200 8/13 Shipped
6000 8/24 HOME!
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote