Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #113
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Permanent nerve damage? Wow man. Sorry, to hear. Hopefully, it's not permanent. Hope the best for you man. How did that happen? Sorry, if you've already explained and I missed it.
No worries, I haven't explained it anywhere. Didn't think anyone would care to hear it. :p

Somehow I've managed to net myself 6 herniated discs in my back, one of them causing a pinched nerve to my arm (a bit like Sciatica). What this pinched nerve did was make nearly any movement in my right arm, shoulder, lats and pecs incredibly painful. Sometimes making me feel like my arm had been through a mangle, sometimes making me feel like the muscles were all cramped and knotted.

I was seeing a chiropractor at the time but shortly after, I had to start seeing a pain management specialist because nothing was helping. When he saw the MRI scans (that the chiropractor had also seen), he was shocked that the chiro had kept doing adjustments on me, considering the likelihood that it could cause permanent nerve damage. The PM doctor isn't against chiro, in fact his office encourages it in some cases, but he warned me about what my chiro may have done.

I'll probably have to have another MRI to see if there's permanent damage, but they are insanely expensive, and I can't afford another. Currently I am seeing my PM doctor every week to two weeks for epidural (steroid) injections into my upper spine. I've had 2 so far and am awaiting my third. Hopefully it can heal up enough for me to not only feel that I can keep my manual, but allow me to regain my upper body strength enough so that I can start doing some DIY on her. I still haven't installed my Vararam intake because this all started happening just after I made the order for it.
__________________
Still not quite done.


Last edited by Angelsilhouette; 09-15-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #114
Darth Martel
Darth Martel
 
Darth Martel's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bizzaroland
Posts: 1,100
Yikes! I've had sciatica before and that's no fun. Can't imagine having that in my neck/shoulder area. That's gotta be totally debilitating. I hope the best for you man. Good luck!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
No worries, I haven't explained it anywhere. Didn't think anyone would care to hear it. :p

Somehow I've managed to net myself 6 herniated discs in my back, one of them causing a pinched nerve to my arm (a bit like Sciatica). What this pinched nerve did was make nearly any movement in my right arm, shoulder, lats and pecs incredibly painful. Sometimes making me feel like my arm had been through a mangle, sometimes making me feel like the muscles were all cramped and knotted.

I was seeing a chiropractor at the time but shortly after, I had to start seeing a pain management specialist because nothing was helping. When he saw the MRI scans (that the chiropractor had also seen), he was shocked that the chiro had kept doing adjustments on me, considering the likelihood that it could cause permanent nerve damage. The PM doctor isn't against chiro, in fact his office encourages it in some cases, but he warned me about what my chiro may have done.

I'll probably have to have another MRI to see if there's permanent damage, but they are insanely expensive, and I can't afford another. Currently I am seeing my PM doctor every week to two weeks for epidural (steroid) injections into my upper spine. I've had 2 so far and am awaiting my third. Hopefully it can heal up enough for me to not only feel that I can keep my manual, but allow me to regain my upper body strength enough so that I can start doing some DIY on her. I still haven't installed my Vararam intake because this all started happening just after I made the order for it.
__________________
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans.
1100 - 2/11/2016, 2000 - 3/8/2016, 3000 - 3/9/2016, 3000 w/TPW 4/11 - 3/14/2016, 3100 - 3/28/2016, 3300 - 3/31/2016, 3400 - 4/01/2016, 3800 - 4/09/2016 - VIN: 1G1FF1R74G0169892, 4200 - 4/09/2016, 4B00 - 4/11/2016, 4200 - 4/12/2016, 5000 - 4/13/2016
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #115
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Yikes! I've had sciatica before and that's no fun. Can't imagine having that in my neck/shoulder area. That's gotta be totally debilitating. I hope the best for you man. Good luck!
Worse that it was forcing me to become left handed. However, this is my first day without pain killers (after my epidural), so I'm trying to stay positive. There is still pain, but it's no where near what it was (so long as I don't try to do too much with my right arm). Very high hopes that the damage isn't permanent so I can painlessly saw away at my gear box. :p
__________________
Still not quite done.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #116
Guyute
 
Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 242
I'm going to give you my honest opinion. That spoiler is hideous, just awful. It's way too big, doesn't flow well with the car and just looks tacked on for the sake of being different.

Looks like it should be on someone's ricer along side their fart can exhaust.
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #117
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute View Post
I'm going to give you my honest opinion. That spoiler is hideous, just awful. It's way too big, doesn't flow well with the car and just looks tacked on for the sake of being different.

Looks like it should be on someone's ricer along side their fart can exhaust.
Eye of the beholder, naturally. I, personally, loathe dove/ducktail spoilers; but as I don't have anything nice to say about them, I generally say nothing at all.
__________________
Still not quite done.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #118
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson
 
Shuffler's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,090
To me it looks like it came off a different car. Lines aren't there.

Could be the way it is painted. Would like to see it on a solid color.
__________________
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #119
Guyute
 
Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
To me it looks like it came off a different car. Lines aren't there.

Could be the way it is painted. Would like to see it on a solid color.
Yep, the lines just don't go well with the car. There are some pics in this thread with the solid color and it still looks bad.

The lines on the Camaro just don't suit a large spoiler. The back of the Camaro and the rear QP are just fantastic, very well done by GM. This spoiler just detracts from that and makes the rear of the car look overdone, heavy and just out of wack in general.

Not to mention I just hate large spoilers. It's a result of seeing so many crappy ricer imports with huge spoilers on them.

Keep the giant spoilers on the ricers please!!!
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #120
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
To me it looks like it came off a different car. Lines aren't there.

Could be the way it is painted. Would like to see it on a solid color.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97507
__________________
Still not quite done.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #121
Angelsilhouette
 
Angelsilhouette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: LA (Lower AlaBAMa)
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
To me it looks like it came off a different car. Lines aren't there.

Could be the way it is painted. Would like to see it on a solid color.
Actually, instead of making you hunt down the solid pics, I'll put them all here, for you.





















__________________
Still not quite done.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #122
Jshadow
31B MP
 
Jshadow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS CGM Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 596
Send a message via AIM to Jshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Jshadow
That spoiler is amazing
__________________
2016 Red Hot 2SS soon....
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #123
CreativeDawn

 
CreativeDawn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,350
I'm thinking about purchasing this spoiler for my Camaro. I currently don't have a spoiler installed....is this worth it or should I just be unique without a spoiler ????
CreativeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #124
serows1
 
serows1's Avatar
 
Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Elyria
Posts: 247
I like it, if I had the extra scratch I'd go for it.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #125
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 8,324
Obviously a one-man (old fart) minority here, but I don't like that spoiler at all. But YOU DO - and that's what matters.
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #126
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE ☪
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,743
I don't really like that spoiler at all. I wouldn't install it if it was free!
Unless you do the entire rear end conversion like pictured below it just doesn't match...


my opinion.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
firebreather, spoiler

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Dove Tail Spoilers Compilation daphatgrant Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 449 03-05-2016 06:22 AM
Firebreather spoiler SlyJester7 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 273 01-25-2013 04:01 PM
RKSport Spoiler Finally Installed DaveT Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 14 06-06-2010 11:29 PM
Installed MPD Spoiler ROD1 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 16 12-03-2009 02:58 PM
Installed MPD Spoiler ROD1 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 4 11-29-2009 10:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.