Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Little ZL1

After seeing the two videos from yesterday it made me think of a little ditty, Little ZL1 (my apologies to Ronny and the Daytonas)


Little ZL1, you really look like kicks
A blower and a six-speed and a 376
Listen to her tachin' up now,
Listen to her why-ee-eye-ine
C'mon and turn it on,
Wind it up, blow it out ZL1

Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa (Ah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa

You oughta see her on a road course or a quarter mile
This little modified Chev-Chev has got plenty of style
She beats the gassers and the rail jobs,
Really drives 'em why-ee-eye-ild
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out ZL1

Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa (Ahhh, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa

Gonna save all my money
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
And buy a ZL1
(turnin' it on, Blowin' it out)
Get a helmet and a roll bar
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
And I'll be ready to go
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
Take it out to Sonoma
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
And let em know, yeah, yeah,
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
That I'm the coolest thing around,
Little buddy gonna shut you down,
When I turn it on, wind it up, blow it out, ZL1, ZL1

Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa (Ahhh, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,468
LOL NICE!!! My first car was a '66 389 tri power GTO!! I have the original song on vinyl too. What a great way to update a classic.
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
After seeing the two videos from yesterday it made me think of a little ditty, Little ZL1 (my apologies to Ronny and the Daytonas)


Little ZL1, you really look like kicks
A blower and a six-speed and a 376
Listen to her tachin' up now,
Listen to her why-ee-eye-ine
C'mon and turn it on,
Wind it up, blow it out ZL1

Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa (Ah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa

You oughta see her on a road course or a quarter mile
This little modified Chev-Chev has got plenty of style
She beats the gassers and the rail jobs,
Really drives 'em why-ee-eye-ild
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out ZL1

Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa (Ahhh, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa

Gonna save all my money
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
And buy a ZL1
(turnin' it on, Blowin' it out)
Get a helmet and a roll bar
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
And I'll be ready to go
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
Take it out to Sonoma
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
And let em know, yeah, yeah,
(turnin' it on, blowin' it out)
That I'm the coolest thing around,
Little buddy gonna shut you down,
When I turn it on, wind it up, blow it out, ZL1, ZL1

Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa, (Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
(Yeah, yeah, little ZL1)
Wa-wa (Ahhh, little ZL1)
Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa
Yes indeed Bear, you've got the bug for sure, a confirmed case of the ZL1 (I know I do!). I think the symptoms will subside when we actually take delivery. Lets start that therapy group we talked about a while back, I think Scarrzz might be interested too...LOL..
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 47,590


I like it!!

__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,817
LOL cool!
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,468
I just had to add this picture....It reminds me so much of my youth...
Attached Images
 
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING
 
1BADZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Out Somewhere Driving My 'BADZL1'
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I think the symptoms will subside when we actually take delivery.
uthink?

I think we need three support groups.
One for pre -ZL1 (right now) a group for when we actually get the car and a group for post ZL1 issues.
Maybe we can get Scott to be the Group leader?
He helped see to it that we all have these types of "issues."
Remember this is a non curable disease or illness..
__________________
2012 Camaro ZL1 Car Name: Bruce
ZL1, LSA, MN6/MG9, DSX, RTQ, VR,
Current Status:
2030
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Yes indeed Bear, you've got the bug for sure, a confirmed case of the ZL1 (I know I do!). I think the symptoms will subside when we actually take delivery. Lets start that therapy group we talked about a while back, I think Scarrzz might be interested too...LOL..
Yes, I want my ZL1. I need something to distract me until I take delivery.

I feel like the kid in the old Maypo commercials.
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro
 
Scarrzz's Avatar
 
Drives: Suzuki Hayabusa
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana, CO, GA, TX, etc.
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Yes indeed Bear, you've got the bug for sure, a confirmed case of the ZL1 (I know I do!). I think the symptoms will subside when we actually take delivery. Lets start that therapy group we talked about a while back, I think Scarrzz might be interested too...LOL..


I'm in, we've been holding meetings for the past month and a half. I thought maybe I was going to the wrong place because it's always just me & my invisible friend.


.
__________________
.
__________________________________
................................................The Faithful are Watching.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
I just had to add this picture....It reminds me so much of my youth...
Awww fantastic armysig! My buddy in high school had that exact ride, 389 factory tri-power goat, it used to do the longest, sickest burnouts! I'll never forget riding in it and laying down all that rubber in the middle of the street...LOL..thanks for the pic!
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
htron50


 
htron50's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 2,462
Well since we're adding pics........

__________________
2012 CAMARO-ZL1
Sincere Thanks to City Chevrolet, Charlotte, NC http://www.citychevrolet.com/blog/ca...et-camaro-zl1/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,730
__________________

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I would like to acknowledge Bear and Htron with a passage from the original lyrics in the song "Little GTO"....a testiment to the Golden Age of GM and it's high performance dominance as it was recognized in the day by Ronnie and the Daytona's, performing artists whose song played on pop radio, (yes, AM radio folks!) a #4 song on the charts in 1964 that some of us may have been fortunate enough to experience back when...may this pop culture live forever.
"Little GTO, you're really lookin' fine
Three deuces and a four-speed and a 389
Listen to her tachin' up now, listen to her why-ee-eye-ine
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out GTO"
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
htron50


 
htron50's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 2,462
Old School..... thanks for the nod! It looks to me like those on the ZL1 team are truly reaching out to deliver what will be an ICON of today.... but reaching BACK to BRING those of us who remember along for the ride. Nothing like this has happened since the late 60's....

You know in 1967 the 389 was bumped to 400 ci, and they dumped the 3 deuces for a quadrajet. I always wanted 3 - 2's, but kept my 67 stock.

Sincere thanks again for the acknowledgement!
__________________
2012 CAMARO-ZL1
Sincere Thanks to City Chevrolet, Charlotte, NC http://www.citychevrolet.com/blog/ca...et-camaro-zl1/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
NEW Official Details on Camaro ZL1 -- 580hp / 556 lb-ft torque!! DarthNacho08 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 420 09-27-2011 04:17 PM
ZL1 vs Corvette- Why do people insist this doesnt exist? Impacts on pricing/perf? Arachnyd Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 60 09-19-2011 04:13 PM
SLP ZL1 TESTED!!!!! SVT_SRT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 08-03-2011 08:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.