Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #29
SS_Matt
permagrin

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
The same "tech" that is in the 2SS that the 1SS doesn't have... go test drive one, it will be something that you miss...
I did test drive one. It's the only Camaro I test drove before ordering my 1SS...
Still not sure of all the differences...

Leather w/ heated seats...
HUD
4 gauge pack
boston acoustics
rear camera?

Don't care for the HUD, normal speakers work fine for me, rear camera would be nice, but don't need it. The only thing I may end up with is the 4 gauge pack.

Am I missing anything?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #30
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
The same "tech" that is in the 2SS that the 1SS doesn't have... go test drive one, it will be something that you miss...
That's what I'm thinking, go big or go home... LOL Being in my late 50's I like all the comforts.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #31
Moody'sSS

Drives: IOM 2SS 2010
I perfer my gadgets..Though it is a very close decision..I recently traded my 2lt for a 2ss..I personally would not have done it for a 1ss..If you love your gadgets too... i would find a used 2ss or wait til I could afford it..
Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #32
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Matt View Post
I did test drive one. It's the only Camaro I test drove before ordering my 1SS...
Still not sure of all the differences...

Leather w/ heated seats...
HUD
4 gauge pack
boston acoustics
rear camera?

Don't care for the HUD, normal speakers work fine for me, rear camera would be nice, but don't need it. The only thing I may end up with is the 4 gauge pack.

Am I missing anything?
I didn't like the HUD either and I'm doing the Metra kit with a double din nav unit. So I also skipped the 2SS and my stereo will have more options and features than the 2SS.

I ordered custom leather from leatherseats.com

I might add the 4 pack down the road. For me it was a no brainer buy a 1ss and customize it better than a 2ss for less than the price of a 2ss, now that's winning.

Last edited by Guyute; 09-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #33
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I chose the 2LT over the 1SS when I bought simply because I don't need that much power, I'm not interested in having the most powerful car, I am interested in enjoying my commute and getting better than 10 mpg. Yes, if I had a V8 my foot would be in it all the time and I'd get tickets out the yoo-hoo and poor gas mileage.
It all depends on YOU and YOUR driving habits, YOUR wants and needs. IF money was no object a SS Camaro would probably be my garage queen and a CTS would be my daily driver.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #34
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I chose the 2LT over the 1SS when I bought simply because I don't need that much power, I'm not interested in having the most powerful car, I am interested in enjoying my commute and getting better than 10 mpg. Yes, if I had a V8 my foot would be in it all the time and I'd get tickets out the yoo-hoo and poor gas mileage.
It all depends on YOU and YOUR driving habits, YOUR wants and needs. IF money was no object a SS Camaro would probably be my garage queen and a CTS would be my daily driver.
+1

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #35
v6needluv2

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinakshay View Post
LS !
v6needluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #36
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
LS3, just checked my AVG MPG = 10.2.

However, I wouldn't count the V8 out for MPG. Keeping your foot out of it around the city you can get close to 20, When i drive like a sane human i get around 18.5 city. I see close to 23MPG highway, give or take ~70mph.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #37
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
How is this even an issue??? Go SS! ...and I have a 2LT. That power is screaming my name. I'll totally be upgrading in the near future.
bandier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #38
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
1SS/RS
Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #39
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
You're really asking whether or not you should get a V8... on a Camaro forum?

Here's an answer I haven't seen much of...
I got my 1LT because the SS feels like a truck. A fast, flat cornering truck mind you, but truck heavy. I should test drive a 1SS to see if the slight weight loss makes a difference, but I'm not too hopeful. The 1LT with the aluminum 18's feels more nimble, and although it's still pulling around way too much weight, I do love that LLT.
This is coming from a born and raised die hard V8 nut (but I'm also a technology nut... awesome V6).

In your case, my issues with them will be lesser. You have the heaviest V6 car and you're thinking about the lightest V8 car. I don't know how different that would be than the other way around.

For the record, I get around 15mpg city with my V6. I just love the 7000rpm wail from the Corsa catback.

Go give a 1SS a thorough test drive back to back with you 2LT! That'll help you decide.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #40
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
The engine, always the engine. The doodads are superfulous. I did not want the mostly vinyl "leather" seats. I could care less about bluetooth. I would have coughed up the money for anther 100 HP in a heartbeat. just my opinion.
This! You don't need gadgets when you have a LS3.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #41
Jagerday

Drives: 2010 RJT SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
LS3, just checked my AVG MPG = 10.2.

However, I wouldn't count the V8 out for MPG. Keeping your foot out of it around the city you can get close to 20, When i drive like a sane human i get around 18.5 city. I see close to 23MPG highway, give or take ~70mph.
Exactly this. If your constantly stomping it than MPG will suffer. If you want to conserve fuel it is very easy to do. I recently got almost 24 MPG on a trip from the Memphis area to FL. I was really happy with that.

+ = +
Jagerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #42
Mightygrasshopper

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary edition 'vert
Thanks everyone! Always a diverse set of responses.

Ya its going to be DD, and I will miss my tech/comfort perks. And I realize its a toss up between that or the engine. If it had the convenience and connectivity package, I would have snatched it up.

That said, just love the power. I did take it our for a spin and feels good but I don't plan on stomping the gas pedal all the time, so then what use is the engine...? In a sense.

Will keep my eyes open and see what happens. Also I have 17" winter tire and rims. Am I right in thinking that they WILL fit on the SS RS? dealer says yes. I think forum will say no. What say you?

www.mightygrasshopper.com
Into health, wellness and fitness? Check out my site for natural health product reviews, health articles and industry news.

Want to get into summer time shape? I'm a former fatty who's lost the weight - "Train With Me" for FREE - sexy abs in 16 weeks! Just follow along!
Mightygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote