Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #26
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelerman View Post
From what I understand the Maggie is a hybrid(roots blower) so the compression builds up in the manifold. And the whipple is a real twin skrew(the pressure builds in the blower) could someone explain why you would want one over the other? I'm making the plunge this week into a S/C.
Keep in mind that the TVS roots supercharger is used as a factory supercharger on the CTS-V (1900) and the ZR1 (2300).
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #27
BlownChevy

Drives: Depends on the day of the week.
OP, You need to ask yourself what YOU are aiming for in your goal. I would highly suggest picking up the phone and getting some advice from the shops that sell and install the systems, this will give you first hand information. There is allot of "behind the scenes" drama that goes on at the point of install that most end users do not see.

My .02: Magnuson has a great history, there is not a supercharger manufacture around that has been developing supercharger systems longer than them. Do not make your choice based on BIG HP numbers, make your choice based on the selling dealers support after the sale.

If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call, even if you decide to buy it someplace else...we are here to answer your questions.

Blown
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #28
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I went with the Edelbrock and I have to say that I love it. I have a automatic and a cat back exhaust. Tom Henry Racing did all my work and I highly recommend them. Good luck with whatever you decide but I would give Edelbrock a look.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magnuson, supercharger, whipple