Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #26
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
what part Number is the filter that you use? So I don't have to figure out by making all those measurements. Wheres my dang tape measure?
Thanks
I am not sure which part number they use. Give CAI Inc a call tomorrow at (810) 531-0121 and they should be able tell you.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #27
metthem

 
metthem's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I figured out a little trick to help with the scoop bolt the goes throught the horn mount. I could get it finger tight, but I could not get a socket or wrench on it. I used two nuts and locked them together and then used that to tighten the bolt. After that, I removed them and just tightened up another nut on the inside to be sure it stayed secure. Sorry, no pics. I was on a mission to get it done. It's tight in there, but I got it done. Thanks for the quick shipping and quality parts Chase! This setup it too cool!
Im wondering if the design changed, I was a little worried about this part but had no issues at all. Did you put the bolt through after putting the scoop in place? I put the bolt in, tighted it, then put the scoop in place as per instructions. There was plenty of room for a ratchet and socket?

Also some have mentioned placing the water bottle as far right as possible so it dont hit your drl's, the new scoop I got from apex was predrilled so that is no longer an issue.
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #28
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
Im wondering if the design changed, I was a little worried about this part but had no issues at all. Did you put the bolt through after putting the scoop in place? I put the bolt in, tighted it, then put the scoop in place as per instructions. There was plenty of room for a ratchet and socket?

Also some have mentioned placing the water bottle as far right as possible so it dont hit your drl's, the new scoop I got from apex was predrilled so that is no longer an issue.
It appears that there was. Paul and Nathan encountered both configurations while the kit was being developed. One is super easy with plenty of room to install and the other requires a little more effort.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #29
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
Well I finally got around to ordering the bundle with the black CAI today (my gun hobby has been taking up most of my money). I can't wait until it gets here.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Well I finally got around to ordering the bundle with the black CAI today (my gun hobby has been taking up most of my money). I can't wait until it gets here.
Thank you for your order. I can relate. I just finished an AR-15 build. Well, they are never really finished are they? I still have a couple of odds and ends to wrap up but it is fully functional. Now I just need time to make it to the range and zero the BUIS and EoTech.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #31
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Thank you for your order. I can relate. I just finished an AR-15 build. Well, they are never really finished are they? I still have a couple of odds and ends to wrap up but it is fully functional. Now I just need time to make it to the range and zero the BUIS and EoTech.
That's just what I finished building myself lol. Mine was a 6.5 Grendel on the AR-15 platform. Took me 3 months and over $2,000 to get set up the way I want it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
That's just what I finished building myself lol. Mine was a 6.5 Grendel on the AR-15 platform. Took me 3 months and over $2,000 to get set up the way I want it.
Mine was a 5.56 for about the same money. LMT lower, BCM upper and bolt carrier group, lots of other goodies. I think I am going to do a 308 AR next.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #33
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
Nice.

Looks like I'm not the only one with BGD (Black Gun Disease).

If your thinking about doing a 7.62 build then I would recommend looking at the Grendel. The Grendel has almost the same ballistics as the 7.62 at short range and better ballistics past 300 yards. It's the same overall length as the 5.56 so it fits in the AR-15 platform instead of the AR-10 platform the 7.62 requires. AR-10 parts are more expansive and seems to be harder to get and less to choose from.

If you may be interested head over to http://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum.php and look around. Bill Alexander who developed the Grendel round is fairly active on the forums as well as other manufacturers who specialize in the Grendel round.

P.S sorry for derailing the thread.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #34
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Nice.

Looks like I'm not the only one with BGD (Black Gun Disease).

If your thinking about doing a 7.62 build then I would recommend looking at the Grendel. The Grendel has almost the same ballistics as the 7.62 at short range and better ballistics past 300 yards. It's the same overall length as the 5.56 so it fits in the AR-15 platform instead of the AR-10 platform the 7.62 requires. AR-10 parts are more expansive and seems to be harder to get and less to choose from.

If you may be interested head over to http://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum.php and look around. Bill Alexander who developed the Grendel round is fairly active on the forums as well as other manufacturers who specialize in the Grendel round.

P.S sorry for derailing the thread.
No worries, it will get back on track eventually. Thanks for the link and the recommendation. I guess I should have said I am looking to build something that will be effective beyond 500m. I default to saying 308/7.62. An old Army buddy of mine built a 338 Lapua that he is really happy with but he is in Alaska so I haven't had a chance to give it a try. I like the idea of the Grendal being on the AR15 platform. I will have to check it out.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #35
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
No worries, it will get back on track eventually. Thanks for the link and the recommendation. I guess I should have said I am looking to build something that will be effective beyond 500m. I default to saying 308/7.62. An old Army buddy of mine built a 338 Lapua that he is really happy with but he is in Alaska so I haven't had a chance to give it a try. I like the idea of the Grendal being on the AR15 platform. I will have to check it out.
No problem. It'll easily do that distance. I actually built mine to shoot 800yrds +, not like I have anywhere around to shoot that far though.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #36
LewiSS
 
LewiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/White Stripe
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 137
Chase, I ordered the CAI Inc kit and I was wondering over the weekend, does the filter come pre oiled or do I have to order a kit and "charge" it before installation? Thanks!
__________________
ARH 1-7/8" Longtubes w/cats, Borla ATAK catback, CAI Inc intake, RX inferno orange ported throttle body, RX inferno orange catch can, Hurst Shifter, JDP Motorsports heater hoses and fuel line, PFadt strut tower brace, PFadt lowering springs, PFadt Tie Rods, PFadt Trailing Arms, PFadt end links, Custom Painted interior pieces.
LewiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:33 AM   #37
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewiSS View Post
Chase, I ordered the CAI Inc kit and I was wondering over the weekend, does the filter come pre oiled or do I have to order a kit and "charge" it before installation? Thanks!
It comes oiled and ready to go. All you have to do is install it.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #38
LewiSS
 
LewiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/White Stripe
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 137
Ok thanks! Just double checking!
__________________
ARH 1-7/8" Longtubes w/cats, Borla ATAK catback, CAI Inc intake, RX inferno orange ported throttle body, RX inferno orange catch can, Hurst Shifter, JDP Motorsports heater hoses and fuel line, PFadt strut tower brace, PFadt lowering springs, PFadt Tie Rods, PFadt Trailing Arms, PFadt end links, Custom Painted interior pieces.
LewiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #39
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
Got mine installed earlier today.

Here's a link to the thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177229

Thank you Apex...love you guys.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #40
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club
 
shadow09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 904
just ordered my air scoop!
shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #41
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow09 View Post
just ordered my air scoop!
Thank you for your order. It is on the way!
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #42
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Thank you for your weekend orders Camaro5.

__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #43
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,518
Already have RotoFab

How much for scoop and bottle relocate? And... what is the point to the scoop really?

If its already listed, sorry I didn't read the thread. LOL


PM is fine if you don't want to post.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #44
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
How much for scoop and bottle relocate? And... what is the point to the scoop really?

If its already listed, sorry I didn't read the thread. LOL


PM is fine if you don't want to post.
The info is in the opening post but PM sent. When you add those two items to your shopping cart there is an automatic package discount that is applied. The package deal for a scoop and our washer tank relocation kit is $134.98 shipped. Other vendors want almost that much just for the Roto-fab washer tank.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #45
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Here is another outstanding installation post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar3 View Post
By: SOPMOD & Billy Speed
I have to apologize to Apex; I have been overwhelmed with my real job, car shows and starting a car club. Nevertheless, Chase sent me their Washer Tanker Relocation kit and Air Scoop last August. I finally got it installed today. The install was very straight forward and anyone with basic mechanical skills should be able to complete the install with ease.
The car we used is a 2010 Camaro 1SS and already had a CAI previously installed. We also removed the front bumper cover in order to do some other work. While we had the bumper cover off, we also completed this review. The removal of the front bumper cover is not necessary to complete the install of this kit.

The kit removed from the package
*

Once we had the car jacked up and wheels removed.
It was necessary to remove the attached screws and
push pins that retained the inner fender cover.

Inner fender (wheel well) cover removal points.


Once push pins and screws are removed
the inner fender cover can be pulled back
out of the way to allow access to
accomplish the installation.
*
*

This is the factory pump before removal
*
*

Pump removal and draining of the tank.
*
*

This is the area in the plastic shroud
that needs to be removed. We used
masking tape and made the cut
with a wiz wheel.


Making the cut with wiz wheel.

Bumper cover is removed.
This made it easier for us to
photograph the install process.

Note: This install does not
require bumper cover removal.


We used a hand file to clean the
edges after we made the vertical
and horizontal cuts.

This is the scoop from the front,
showing the two mounting locations.


The new 2 quart tank mounted on the scoop and the factory pump is in place.


Routing of the remote fill hose. We
used zip ties to secure it outside of
the CAI.


We decided to mount the remote fill
on the CAI as suggested in the
instructions. The CAI was removed
and marked for drilling locations.


Drilling the mounting holes for remote fill.***


Once remote fill was mounted,
we re-installed the CAI.


This is what everything looks like
after the installation is completed.
Note: Bumper cover is removed
for photos.


The scoop also lines up well with Stillen air ducts.


We did have to modify the scoop to
clear the Stillen air ducts.

This was a well thought out kit and I really think Apex knocked it out of the park! It was a very simple installation and only took about an hour to fully complete. Most anyone with basic mechanical skills should be able to accomplish this install with ease. We honestly did not find anything negative about the kit and found everything needed to complete the install was included in the kit. So if you have a CAI, this is a must do modification that is very reasonably priced. Contact Chase at Apex Motorsports for this kit and many other aftermarket components. They are truly a customer service oriented company that will go above and beyond to meet your needs.


Phone: 502-930-APEX(2739)
http://www.apex-speed.com/
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #46
playr101
 
playr101's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 THR Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 64
ordered... !

-playr101
playr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #47
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by playr101 View Post
ordered... !

-playr101
Thank you for your order. It is on the way.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #48
playr101
 
playr101's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 THR Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 64
Received.. 1 day shipping!. Guess its good to be so close to your warehouse!

-playr101
playr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #49
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by playr101 View Post
Received.. 1 day shipping!. Guess its good to be so close to your warehouse!

-playr101
Enjoy it and let us know what you think once you get it installed.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #50
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
There have been several Camaro5 members who have post outstanding DIY install threads for the Apex Washer Tank Relocation Kit and Air Scoop package. Here are a few links.

DIY - ADM Scoop & Apex Washer Tank Installed with a CAI intake
By: ClutchKargo

Apex Motorsports Washer Tank Relocation Kit & Air Scoop
By: edgar3

Apex Motorsports Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit Now Available!!!
By: Darth_Emma
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
cai, intake, race scoop, roto-fab, washer tank relocation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Stock V6 CAI, Stock and Injen Windshield Washer Fluid kit cody.freeman1 Exterior Parts & Accessories 0 04-12-2011 02:56 PM
New roto fab CAI Jcobra Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 5 04-05-2011 03:55 PM
FS: Roto Fab cai and SCT tuner 1stGM V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 6 11-22-2010 11:13 AM
F/S: Vibrant 1.2L Windshield Washer Bottle and Pump Kit DNA V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 1 10-24-2010 09:54 PM
Manual vs Auto GTAHVIT vs PQ... The video wars. 76z28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 443 08-26-2010 12:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.