Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #1709
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,773
Are you in Vegas?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #1710
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,484
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Are you in Vegas?
Nope, wish I was... I'm sitting in my living room shopping for seats for the Camaro, looking at lightweight batteries, and trying to find a porch swing to use on our front porch...

If I didn't have the commitment to Physical Therapy... I would have ridden with Joe...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #1711
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
Woah... CHUTE

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #1712
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,484
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Woah... CHUTE

lol...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:27 AM   #1713
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Nope, wish I was... I'm sitting in my living room shopping for seats for the Camaro, looking at lightweight batteries, and trying to find a porch swing to use on our front porch...

If I didn't have the commitment to Physical Therapy... I would have ridden with Joe...
What booth is his car in?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:23 AM   #1714
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,484
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
A big shout out to a local vendor for Adams Polishing Products...

Called him, discussed my needs and concerns, and was hooked up with two box's and a bucket to address them...

Met with him to pick up the items and he went over all of them with me, gave me some heelpful pointers and steered me to Adams and Junkmans videos...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #1715
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,484
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Well...

Brandi appears to be headed back into the hospital Monday...

We are looking to fix the transmission and we also need to address a potential issue with the drivers side wastegate... It appears a diaghram may have gone awol... so, we are going to kill several birds with one stone.... Corey is going to talk with the manufacturer of the wastegate rather than where we got it from... I am not going back down that road...My wallet and my backside are still hurting from the last effort along that road...

I'm going to talk to the wife and see if I can order the nine inch kit from DSS while she's in the hospital and go ahead and get the trans, the diff and all ready at the same time...

If so... then it's time to see what we can ring out of her with some race fuel and a boost boost.... After that, it's time for some laughing gas and really ring her out...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #1716
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,773
Do it once and do it right.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:09 AM   #1717
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,484
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do it once and do it right.
I would like to be able to look back and say we did... but... some things are/were not within our control... live and learn on that aspect... but, like I've said all along... Brandi will run when she's ready and not before...

Pete, I hope all is going well for you out there in the land where nothing ever happens since no one ever talks about what they did while they were there.... Joe called me yesterday afternoon... He was with Tim from RPM Rollbars... I would have liked to have had a chance to meet him and thank him for all the help he has been with my cage.... Well, now hopefully I'll meet him and John Nguyen and others involved at the Fest...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:46 AM   #1718
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I would like to be able to look back and say we did... but... some things are/were not within our control... live and learn on that aspect... but, like I've said all along... Brandi will run when she's ready and not before...

Pete, I hope all is going well for you out there in the land where nothing ever happens since no one ever talks about what they did while they were there.... Joe called me yesterday afternoon... He was with Tim from RPM Rollbars... I would have liked to have had a chance to meet him and thank him for all the help he has been with my cage.... Well, now hopefully I'll meet him and John Nguyen and others involved at the Fest...
I was not look in the rear view mirror or second guessing the build. I was looking ahead. Get the 9" while she is in the 'hospital'.

It has been a fabulous SEMA. From the GM Monday night ****tail party to the closing bell. It has been wall to wall meetings. I missed so many great cars and some C5 members too. There are not enough hours in the day.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #1719
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Brandi's going to be a beast! What hp numbers are you looking for for the mile? I know you said 1000 gets you to 200mph (or something like that).

Is this 9" axle a solid axle?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #1720
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
You've been running a stock diff all this time? Impressive... must be pretty stout
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #1721
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
A big shout out to a local vendor for Adams Polishing Products...

Called him, discussed my needs and concerns, and was hooked up with two box's and a bucket to address them...

Met with him to pick up the items and he went over all of them with me, gave me some heelpful pointers and steered me to Adams and Junkmans videos...
Cool! I am an Adam's user too. And the Junkman is great.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #1722
andredmg
Big Nasty
 
andredmg's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys lots of em
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque NM
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Well...

Brandi appears to be headed back into the hospital Monday...

We are looking to fix the transmission and we also need to address a potential issue with the drivers side wastegate... It appears a diaghram may have gone awol... so, we are going to kill several birds with one stone.... Corey is going to talk with the manufacturer of the wastegate rather than where we got it from... I am not going back down that road...My wallet and my backside are still hurting from the last effort along that road...

I'm going to talk to the wife and see if I can order the nine inch kit from DSS while she's in the hospital and go ahead and get the trans, the diff and all ready at the same time...

If so... then it's time to see what we can ring out of her with some race fuel and a boost boost.... After that, it's time for some laughing gas and really ring her out...
Now we're talkin brotha!!! Wew its been a while I was wonderin whats goin on up in here just never had the time to scroll thru all the past post and play catch up. I need to upgrade all my stock rear parts as well so I can put some serious rubber on the wheels and see what it'll do. I can hardly wait til your whip is fully complete to see whats its gonna clock in the mile should be pretty crazy. Dont stop the MADNESS homeboy!!!
__________________
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.