Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

4th Generation Camaros 1993-2002

Old 10-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Exclamation 1st Gen-5th gen Camaro History Project

Hey guys n' gals! Im doing a school project on the history of the Chevy Camaro. i need questions that you want to know about the 1st generation-5th gen. So far ive got:
  • Why was the Camaro built?
  • What were the performance specs of all of the generations?
  • Why were the performance specs decreased in later generations?
  • Did it ever out sell th Mustang?
  • How do the Chevy Camaro engines work?
Any other questions u might have? Or any tweaking I should do to the questions i already have?
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
I did a project on 4th gen camaros my sophomore year. I went pretty in depth, but If you're covering all 5 gens I'd stick with basics like what you have listed. as far as 4th gens are listed, I'd do the difference in the LT1 to LS1 engine, as well as the shortlived 3.4 and the 3.8L v6's. might also want to talk about the SS done by SLP since the 96 model year was the first to have an SS since '73 I believe.

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
Hey guys n' gals! Im doing a school project on the history of the Chevy Camaro. i need questions that you want to know about the 1st generation-5th gen. So far ive got:
  • Why was the Camaro built?
  • What were the performance specs of all of the generations?
  • Why were the performance specs decreased in later generations?
  • Did it ever out sell th Mustang?
  • How do the Chevy Camaro engines work?
Any other questions u might have? Or any tweaking I should do to the questions i already have?
Maybe you're already done with your project, I'm not sure. But, here are some questions that will make your teacher think you are an absolute rockstar:

How has the Camaro been an icon in American culture over the past 45 years? --you could talk about its presence in movies, music, and pop-culture, the origin of the 'camaro' name, the type of people that typically buy the Camaro and their demographics and lifestyles, and how that's changed over time.

How has the global economy shaped the Camaro over time? --here you could talk about why the car was created, the types of buyers it appealed to, and then how that changed. For instance, the gas crisis of the 1970's, gulf war in the 80's, (the advent of the first 4-cylinder Camaro), the tech boom, the need for affordable performance, etc. For example, why did a Camaro cost $3,000 new in 1967, but now costs $30,000 in 2011?

How have advances in engine technology changed the Camaro -you might want to talk about advances in engine building, different use of materials (aluminum, iron), different production methods like forging, or cast parts, advances in carburetion, the advent of fuel injection, electronic engine control systems, and increases in fuel efficiency...

Just a few ideas
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote