Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #43
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Yes , He can choose to ignore it , or he can clear everything up by answering it ( especially since it seems to aggrevate him so much when people think that )

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #44
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I guess I just don't see how any of us, including Pete, can tell you about the coil overs in the add. What grade of seals are in them etc. All Pete can do is tell you about HIS tubes.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #45
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
ok so no one wants to add any helpful information. that's fine , I get that.

Um , no , I didn't read it on the internet . I was told by a vendor .

And Pete , I've never seen you out right deny it .
Told by a vendor. What is the vendor's name?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #46
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
What a silly thread this has turned into. Facts are facts, Pedders builds and markets some of the best suspension parts out there........period! They also stand behind their parts 100%, you will be hard pressed to find a more customer oriented company anywhere. I have bought quite a bit of their products and could not be happier. Whether on the track, strip or street, I could not ask for a better performing suspension.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #47
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Yes , He can choose to ignore it , or he can clear everything up by answering it ( especially since it seems to aggrevate him so much when people think that )
Funny, in my industry there are five big manufactures, of which I am one. I have also done work for 3 out of the the other four. So will any of them admit it....no. It only means when they need the best they kinow where to get it, or just need the help.
Most people don't realize there are dozens of brands of antifreeze, but only one manufacture, same with batteries. I can also tell you there are big differences between the brands.
I guess I am just trying to say, if company "x" has all of the equipment, and skill to produce the best parts at the best price, guess what? They build them for almost everyone. The specs, and design however are trade secrets, and as such comapny "x" will not devulge them. They like their business too much to lose all of their contracts.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #48
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Funny, in my industry there are five big manufactures, of which I am one. I have also done work for 3 out of the the other four. So will any of them admit it....no. It only means when they need the best they kinow where to get it, or just need the help.
Most people don't realize there are dozens of brands of antifreeze, but only one manufacture, same with batteries. I can also tell you there are big differences between the brands.
I guess I am just trying to say, if company "x" has all of the equipment, and skill to produce the best parts at the best price, guess what? They build them for almost everyone. The specs, and design however are trade secrets, and as such comapny "x" will not devulge them. They like their business too much to lose all of their contracts.
Well put, I was going to use the auto manufacturers comparison... Chevrolet makes a broad spectrum of vehicles, obviously with differing levels of component qualities... Yet they all come out of the same company...

What difference does it make who manufactures Pedders Components, they are as good as there is on the market... Certainly good enough for my car and I.

To all... It isn't a conspiracy, it's a trade secret where they are actually manufactured... Just rest assured you will have top quality components... And more importantly, the Pedders Company to back them up... Pedders is obviously not some new upstart fly by night company... Pete himself has helped so many of Camaro5's members even when they purchased other vendors products... Why, because that is the Pedders Way, sure they would like to have their products on all of our cars, but we know that won't happen for a multitude of reasons, but Pete will still help you out if you need it and are in a bind....

Let's get this thread back on topic or it will also go away.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 11-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #49
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
This is true of so many industries.

golf clubs, aftermarket wheel barrels, flat screen TV's... and on and on...

The specs, the procedures, the costumer service and the brand reputation are far more important than the factory...

This is not a new thing.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #50
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Just figured if a third mod would quote this post it would drive the point home.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #51
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Told by a vendor. What is the vendor's name?
Found the post for you Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I was wondering, do you know where BC products are made? I heard these work well, but it's a biggie for me.
They're manufactured in Wufeng Township, Taiwan.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #52
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Thank you sir.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #53
The Stig

Anytime. Like I said. I know how to use the Internets.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #54
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Anytime. Like I said. I know how to use the Internets.
Perhaps you should brush up on your skills and not take my posts out of context.

The post you are referring to was a question asked in one of MY threads asking about BC Racing. NOTHING was said about Pedders.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #55
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
On a personal note, I am more than happy to answer ANY questions about ANY products we sell. We have chosen to be an open book to any customer who wants information as we have nothing to hide. Every company has the right to do as they see fit with information regarding their company. We just choose to be open and honest.

Regarding the BC branding of coilovers being "cheap". I will have to respectfully disagree. We have installed and sold 100's of these systems and have yet to personally see a failure. This includes a 527 hp GTO that bracket races nearly every weekend all the way to a full road race setup GTO that does several high speed events a year and my own personal daily driven SS camaro. You will be hard pressed to find a dissatisfied GTO/Challenger/Camaro customer who has chosen the BC Racing brand.

I have said it once but it's worth repeating. If ANYONE buys a BC system from us and is dissatisfied with your purchase, simply remove the product and return it for a NO QUESTIONS asked refund.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #56
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
Honesity is always the best policy

Closed Thread