Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #326
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,206
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I'm fairly certain the BA deck is the same as the base deck... just the BA stereo adds an amp and better speakers.
That's ridiculous. You can't start with crap (which 99% of GM/Delco radios are) and add anything to it to really make it right; crisp, clear, defined... If they aren't starting off with a quality head unit, then I may just go the route of tearing the dash apart to change it.
__________________
trm0002 is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #327
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
That's ridiculous. You can't start with crap (which 99% of GM/Delco radios are) and add anything to it to really make it right; crisp, clear, defined... If they aren't starting off with a quality head unit, then I may just go the route of tearing the dash apart to change it.
You'll have to decide for yourself if it's a quality head unit. It sounded good (in my limited experience) to me. I didn't mean that the BA had a down-level unit but that both have a good deck just the BA has better speakers. I'm sure it has preamp outputs since the BA system comes with an amp. Who knows if it's even Delphi (although it probably is)? And in today's digital world, are decks really that different? I'm not really an audiophile so maybe that's just me...
UCF w00t is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #328
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I suggest you get the RS, i know it seems unreasonable because you basically have all of that on your SS anyways,, but they really sold me on the option yesterday. The HIDS are just amazing, he explained them in detail. But then agian, it might just be unnecessary. It is necessary on the v6s though
Good Luck with your decision Supermans,
Bobby, you should ask UCF, or try to hear it in person, you might love it, you might think the same as me
I don't care how amazing the HID's are, they are not a good deal if you are ordering an SS, plain and simple since the SS already comes with the spoiler and the price is about the same. The SS headlights are like Bumblebee's and look better in my opinion (more of a classic muscle car look). On the other hand it makes a huge difference to V6 owners in appearance and is highly recommended even though adding just the spoiler would be cheaper and I actually like the lights and wheel colors to be standard...

The Boston Acoustics upgrade option is probably not a good idea as an upgrade on the 1SS at this point in time since those that have heard it so far are not saying anything positive about it. No one has said so far "The sound is amazing" etc.. And all who have listened to it are enthusiasts who are very excited about the car and wouldn't make something up (unless they worked for GM and have no choice but to praise it to no end or stay quiet about it) In either case, I will be changing my order to a 1SS cyber grey with the polished aluminum wheels upgrade instead. In a year or so I will upgrade the sound to some American made speakers and ones I can listen to and compare.

If I am totally wrong about listening to my gut instinct on this one from the people who have heard the B&A's sound and their comments, then I apologize to GM.. However if ABL was the way that it should be, then I wouldn't care if the B&A was not top notch quality..

Just by looking at this rendering below, I will be thinking every time I see those doors how nice it would be if the light travels across the dash..I simply cannot and do not want that thought..So if there is no ABL across the dash, it is a no go and a deal breaker for me.. IF GM says they are working on it still and will install it free of charge later on when they do get it working, even if the company goes bankrupt, then I would change my order tomorrow..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 03:41 AM   #329
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 25,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's done that deliberately for this topic

PS - he's never behind

My lack of smileys threw a few people, I'm sure. 12 pages...and I just REALLY didn't want to post. Never post when your angry, right! ...well...It took me a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
A little better look for those that haven't seen it

Hey...something is missing here....I just can't pick it out...

Hmmmmmmmm.........
__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #330
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
The Boston Acoustics upgrade option is probably not a good idea as an upgrade on the 1SS at this point in time since those that have heard it so far are not saying anything positive about it. No one has said so far "The sound is amazing" etc.. And all who have listened to it are enthusiasts who are very excited about the car and wouldn't make something up (unless they worked for GM and have no choice but to praise it to no end or stay quiet about it) In either case, I will be changing my order to a 1SS cyber grey with the polished aluminum wheels upgrade instead. In a year or so I will upgrade the sound to some American made speakers and ones I can listen to and compare.

If I am totally wrong about listening to my gut instinct on this one from the people who have heard the B&A's sound and their comments, then I apologize to GM.. However if ABL was the way that it should be, then I wouldn't care if the B&A was not top notch quality..
I'm not an audiophile and I know how picky people can be about their audio systems... that's the only reason I have stopped short of calling the BA system "amazing". Also, I haven't heard the base system so I don't have much to compare it on other than my current and previous vehicles as well as friends' cars. With that said, it was one of, if not the, best system in a car I've ever listened to. I really wish some of the other people who've heard it would chime in though. So far only TJ and myself have in this thread and neither of us really had the chance to play with it fully and pump the volume or anything of the sort.

Last edited by UCF w00t; 03-05-2009 at 09:35 AM.
UCF w00t is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #331
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

My lack of smileys threw a few people, I'm sure. 12 pages...and I just REALLY didn't want to post. Never post when your angry, right! ...well...It took me a while.

Hey...something is missing here....I just can't pick it out...

Hmmmmmmmm.........
I totally understand Tag. Did you see my first post in this. I was speechless! -----v

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Well F...
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline  
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #332
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

My lack of smileys threw a few people, I'm sure. 12 pages...and I just REALLY didn't want to post. Never post when your angry, right! ...well...It took me a while.

Hey...something is missing here....I just can't pick it out...

Hmmmmmmmm
.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I don't care how amazing the HID's are, they are not a good deal if you are ordering an SS, plain and simple since the SS already comes with the spoiler and the price is about the same. The SS headlights are like Bumblebee's and look better in my opinion (more of a classic muscle car look). On the other hand it makes a huge difference to V6 owners in appearance and is highly recommended even though adding just the spoiler would be cheaper and I actually like the lights and wheel colors to be standard...

The Boston Acoustics upgrade option is probably not a good idea as an upgrade on the 1SS at this point in time since those that have heard it so far are not saying anything positive about it. No one has said so far "The sound is amazing" etc.. And all who have listened to it are enthusiasts who are very excited about the car and wouldn't make something up (unless they worked for GM and have no choice but to praise it to no end or stay quiet about it) In either case, I will be changing my order to a 1SS cyber grey with the polished aluminum wheels upgrade instead. In a year or so I will upgrade the sound to some American made speakers and ones I can listen to and compare.

If I am totally wrong about listening to my gut instinct on this one from the people who have heard the B&A's sound and their comments, then I apologize to GM.. However if ABL was the way that it should be, then I wouldn't care if the B&A was not top notch quality..

Just by looking at this rendering below, I will be thinking every time I see those doors how nice it would be if the light travels across the dash..I simply cannot and do not want that thought..So if there is no ABL across the dash, it is a no go and a deal breaker for me.. IF GM says they are working on it still and will install it free of charge later on when they do get it working, even if the company goes bankrupt, then I would change my order tomorrow..
I won't go so far as saying it's a deal breaker in my case, but I'm pretty disappointed too, like most everyone else. It'd be nice, and worth it to add it later after it's all squared away, but I certainly don't want something that's not ready. 2SS trim is starting to look less and less worth it and a trip to an upholsterer is looking like a better deal. That's just me...
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #333
Riderover40
 
Riderover40's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 647
Getting it Right

If......now just say if.......say if GM managed to get the complete package 100% flawless, which can never happen due to human nature to be subjective, opinionated, personal, pickey.....just down right finicky!.... would we be happy with the Camaro as it is??? You all know the answer is no. Everybody wants something that just isn't due to the right reasons. I think GM has explained why the ABL was not completely wrapped around the dash! If our beloved engineers, designers, testers, QA, and final users worked to get her perfect we would all be waiting even still! Waiting to hear of a final release date.

Common people, give it a break.Let's be happy that one of the only items we can pick on is not one of the best power delivery plants out there for the Money !!! I am so happy to have a shot at owning one of these babies!!!!

:chev y:
__________________
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #334
paulsandhu
Puth Sardaran Da!
 
paulsandhu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 275
I have a question, not sure if its been answered. But if you have the Inferno Orange interior... is the ABL still blue... I'm not 100% sure but I thought I read somewhere it would be orange?
__________________
Black 2SS/RS w/IOM Interior
Order Date: March 28, 2009
DoB: June 19, 2009
Arrival Date: July 2, 2009


Project GHOST: The Member Car Journal

Follow me on Twitter @realPaulSandhu
paulsandhu is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #335
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar
 
Chevyrocker's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on the day...
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
I have a question, not sure if its been answered. But if you have the Inferno Orange interior... is the ABL still blue... I'm not 100% sure but I thought I read somewhere it would be orange?
It will be reddish/orange
__________________
Shortcuts can slow you down...
Chevyrocker is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #336
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail
 
NAHURRY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville SC.
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
If......now just say if.......say if GM managed to get the complete package 100% flawless, which can never happen due to human nature to be subjective, opinionated, personal, pickey.....just down right finicky!.... would we be happy with the Camaro as it is??? You all know the answer is no. Everybody wants something that just isn't due to the right reasons. I think GM has explained why the ABL was not completely wrapped around the dash! If our beloved engineers, designers, testers, QA, and final users worked to get her perfect we would all be waiting even still! Waiting to hear of a final release date.

Common people, give it a break.Let's be happy that one of the only items we can pick on is not one of the best power delivery plants out there for the Money !!! I am so happy to have a shot at owning one of these babies!!!!

:chev y:

I think everybody (until now) has let the ABL go now that we know what
were getting. For the most part the ABL threads have been gone.

Wait a minute, I know whats going on, stirring the pot a little arent ya.
NAHURRY is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #337
mmarcum
 
mmarcum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East TN
Posts: 292
ABL isn't going to be on the dash?!?!?!?!



__________________
Delivered: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS (LS3) with black interior.

Event code 1100 on 1/24
Event code 3000 on 3/24
Event code 3400 on 4/27
Back to event code 3000 on 5/1
Event code 3800 on 5/5
Event code 4B00 on 5/5
Event code 4200 on 5/22
Event code 6000 on 6/3!

VIN# 2G1FT1EW6A9107395
mmarcum is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #338
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Name:  icon_facepalm.gif
Views: 899
Size:  621 Bytes
__________________
PQ is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #339
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
If......now just say if.......say if GM managed to get the complete package 100% flawless, which can never happen due to human nature to be subjective, opinionated, personal, pickey.....just down right finicky!.... would we be happy with the Camaro as it is??? You all know the answer is no. Everybody wants something that just isn't due to the right reasons. I think GM has explained why the ABL was not completely wrapped around the dash! If our beloved engineers, designers, testers, QA, and final users worked to get her perfect we would all be waiting even still! Waiting to hear of a final release date.

Common people, give it a break.Let's be happy that one of the only items we can pick on is not one of the best power delivery plants out there for the Money !!! I am so happy to have a shot at owning one of these babies!!!!

:chev y:
YOU brought it back up!!! And don't call me common!
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABL (ambient lighting) limited to the doors only? StoutFiles 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 555 02-26-2009 04:08 PM
How Many Cancelling Order if no ABL (ambient lighting) ? Scott@Bjorn3D 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 288 02-07-2009 06:09 PM
ABL!!!!!!!!!! (ambient lighting) Elvis-Freshley 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 51 01-23-2009 09:05 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) picture new (I think) maxdmax Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 16 01-18-2009 03:30 PM
Ambient Lighting! blakeequalshyphy 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 116 12-29-2008 12:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.