Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #18
doubletrouble
 
doubletrouble's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 80
2 SS with sunroof, powder coated wheels with black lug nuts, Black billet bowties, tinted windows, tinted side markers and fog lights, pcv catch can, OEM strut tower brace, OEM sub box and amp, OEM ambient interior lighting.
__________________
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS ~ powder coated factory wheels w/ black lug nuts, tinted windows, factory strut tower brace, Elite Engineering catch can, OEM-sub box, ambient lighting, trunk mat, Black billet front and rear bowties, tinted front and rear side marker lights, tinted fog lights, ADM race air intake with scoop, Roto Fab washer bottle, Black SS strut tower covers, Kooks long tube headers with full Kooks exhaust, Janetty Racing email tune. Best 1/4 mile time so far 13.80
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #19
SC2PRKR
2012 SS 45th Just Arrived
 
Drives: 2014 Z71 Silverado
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Posts: 72
2SS, Hurst Shifter, Sunroof, Blacked out Bow Ties, Tinted Windows, CAI. Love the car, picked up 11/20/11.....LOVE IT. A cover like that would be cool
SC2PRKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #20
Ocikat

 
Ocikat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post
I see the sharkfin goes to the trunk on the convertible. Is it placed on there offcenter or is that judt look that way from that angle in the pic?

Yes it is centered, also painted to match the Carbon Flash, ( another small but nice change on the 12's )
__________________
Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate

1.
Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #21
Falundir

 
Falundir's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 2,126
I'm one of the few who have gone psychotic with it and dove straight into the engine. No regrets at all =).

edit - here is a horrible video I took with my phone the other day after getting my car back from the shop. Just idling with the new setup below. Intentionally put my finger over the mic a few times to show volume differential.

Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #22
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
2 SS with sunroof, powder coated wheels with black lug nuts, Black billet bowties, tinted windows, tinted side markers and fog lights, pcv catch can, OEM strut tower brace, OEM sub box and amp, OEM ambient interior lighting.
I want to black mine out similarly to yours. However I don't think I can touch the rims as my father bought the road hazard protection plans so I'm pretty sure if I powdercoat them (like I planned to do) I'll void the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2PRKR View Post
2SS, Hurst Shifter, Sunroof, Blacked out Bow Ties, Tinted Windows, CAI. Love the car, picked up 11/20/11.....LOVE IT. A cover like that would be cool
Soon to be almost identical to yours! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
I'm one of the few who have gone psychotic with it and dove straight into the engine. No regrets at all =).
I commend you on doing it! I wish I could, a tune would be wonderful! How'd you like the feel over stock? I bet it's great!
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #23
Ocikat

 
Ocikat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
The sunroof takes up room? I had no idea, haha, I'm 6'1" so I don't notice I guess.
Yes definately loose some headroom there with the sunroof, had an 11 RJT before the 45th, not an issue with me too much except at the track with helmet on, always bumping on the roof :(

mandatory photo --->
Attached Images
  
__________________
Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate

1.
Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 AM   #24
Falundir

 
Falundir's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
I commend you on doing it! I wish I could, a tune would be wonderful! How'd you like the feel over stock? I bet it's great!
It's easily one of the best things I've done. The change was so dramatic any time I get in the car I can't help but have the biggest permagrin. I know it's not true, but I feel like I have the fastest car on the planet and I couldn't be happier. When you get on it you kind of see time and space warp around you.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #25
Ocikat

 
Ocikat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 949
just an FYI for anyone interested http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=287 is a 45th owners group thread
__________________
Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate

1.

Last edited by Ocikat; 12-07-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:14 AM   #26
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
Yes definately loose some headroom there with the sunroof, had an 11 RJT before the 45th, not an issue with me too much except at the track with helmet on, always bumping on the roof :(

mandatory photo --->
Nice previous ride as well! What color is that?
And I wish I could one up your mandatory photo, but mine is of my not as cool as yours previous ride :


(take a guess which one it is..... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
It's easily one of the best things I've done. The change was so dramatic any time I get in the car I can't help but have the biggest permagrin. I know it's not true, but I feel like I have the fastest car on the planet and I couldn't be happier. When you get on it you kind of see time and space warp around you.
Just watched your video and I can already tell your car sounds SO bad a$$!!!! That is exactly how I would want my camaro to sound, literally. I love that growling rumbling sound an aftermarket cam gives. Reminds me of the old school classics!
And it sounds equally bad a$$ to ride in your camaro!
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #27
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus
 
dolt45's Avatar
 
Drives: SS 45th
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 799
Mine car looks SO much better than all of yours.
Bone stock. Its a 2SS L99 + Sunroof (That's what was on the lot and I fell in love with it during the test drive and, like a kid in a candy store, I just couldn't live without it).

Its a daily driver so I won't be doing too much in the way of performance upgrades. The MPG is bad enough already. I WILL eventually do COA and full exhaust though (when I find some good choices of exhausts that overcome the helmholtz resonance issues).

Mandatory pics because apparently mine doesn't look exactly like yours? :

Name:  ss45th_1.jpg
Views: 1725
Size:  282.4 KB

Name:  ss45th_2.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  197.0 KB
__________________
* Sent via Scooby-Doo decoder ring

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
dolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
kiteman

 
Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At my computer
Posts: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolt45 View Post
Mine car looks SO much better than all of yours.
Bone stock. Its a 2SS L99 + Sunroof (That's what was on the lot and I fell in love with it during the test drive and, like a kid in a candy store, I just couldn't live without it).

Its a daily driver so I won't be doing too much in the way of performance upgrades. The MPG is bad enough already. I WILL eventually do COA and full exhaust though (when I find some good choices of exhausts that overcome the helmholtz resonance issues).

Mandatory pics because apparently mine doesn't look exactly like yours? :
what's your MPG? i have the M6 and live in downtown dallas. i've been getting 13.5mpg with a 23mph average this tank...

i've been told it gets better with miles; i believe it since i was getting 12.5 last tank
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #29
njdad61
 
njdad61's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 45th Ann. 2SS Coupe, '79 Z28
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dixon, Missouri
Posts: 577
Here's mine. Mods are in the sig...


__________________
2012 45th Anniversary Edition 2SS LS3
CFM Painted Heritage Grille, JRE Custom Tune, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Doug Thorley LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes, Borla S-Type Catback, RotoFab CAI, ADM Race Scoop, ADM W/W Reservoir Relocation Kit, MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR Split Drop Springs(1/4" front/1" rear), BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, 6000k HID Bulbs, AAC P13W Plasma LED DRLs, AAC ABL Interior Lighting Kit (Dome/Footwells/Trunk), RPI Designs Charcoal Sidemarker Covers
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #30
kiteman

 
Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At my computer
Posts: 1,227
have any of you guys gotten a clear bra? i did the first week of ownership. just curious how the CFM holds up to rocks on the bumper/gills so far for you guys without one?
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #31
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolt45 View Post
Mine car looks SO much better than all of yours.
Bone stock. Its a 2SS L99 + Sunroof (That's what was on the lot and I fell in love with it during the test drive and, like a kid in a candy store, I just couldn't live without it).

Its a daily driver so I won't be doing too much in the way of performance upgrades. The MPG is bad enough already. I WILL eventually do COA and full exhaust though (when I find some good choices of exhausts that overcome the helmholtz resonance issues).

Mandatory pics because apparently mine doesn't look exactly like yours? :

Attachment 312962

Attachment 312963
Haha this whole post cracked me up!
Looking great there! But no, your car definitely doesn't look anything like mine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
what's your MPG? i have the M6 and live in downtown dallas. i've been getting 13.5mpg with a 23mph average this tank...

i've been told it gets better with miles; i believe it since i was getting 12.5 last tank
I'm getting around 19.8 MPG in mine according to the computer right now. That's surely got to do with my 250 mile trip from school to home that I make a few times a month. Pretty much the whole time I'm cruising in 6th gear, so I get all my mileage from that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by njdad61 View Post
Here's mine. Mods are in the sig...

[IMG]http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8894&pictureid=69536[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8894&pictureid=69537[IMG]
Very cool, I like the bowtie delete up front.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #32
Wijns07
 
Wijns07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS 45th Anniversary
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Posts: 131
I have one too. (About 650 miles on the clock) 2LT RS

Just installed the Hurst Automatic Shifter and plate. (That was a bitch by the way.)

Cover would be cool...depends on price
__________________
2012 2LT A6 RS 45th Anniversary Edition.
Hurst Automatic Shifter
ARK Cat-Back Exhaust
CAI - Intake
Limo - Tint
www.super-rat.com
Wijns07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #33
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
have any of you guys gotten a clear bra? i did the first week of ownership. just curious how the CFM holds up to rocks on the bumper/gills so far for you guys without one?
I don't have many chips yet but bugs can be a pain to get off. I kinda wish I had gotten one, but I've already got 2,000 miles on the clock so it seems kinda late. Plus I got quoted $250+ to purchase and install one, and I'd rather save that money for tint and mods.
Speaking of mods, I just purchased an LMR CAI from a forum member, we'll see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wijns07 View Post
I have one too. (About 650 miles on the clock) 2LT RS

Just installed the Hurst Automatic Shifter and plate. (That was a bitch by the way.)

Cover would be cool...depends on price
I bet that hurst shifter looks nice in there though.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #34
kiteman

 
Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At my computer
Posts: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
I don't have many chips yet but bugs can be a pain to get off. I kinda wish I had gotten one, but I've already got 2,000 miles on the clock so it seems kinda late. Plus I got quoted $250+ to purchase and install one, and I'd rather save that money for tint and mods.
Speaking of mods, I just purchased an LMR CAI from a forum member, we'll see how that goes.
if you have chips now at 2,000 miles, just think that they will doubled at 4,000, quadrupled at 8,000, so on and so forth...i would get one now!

don't install yourself. these are very tricky to install and that film is expensive to screw up! i paid $750 for my bumper, rear mirrors, and gills.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 45th Anniversary Edition vs RS Package TMoneySS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 08-21-2012 05:43 PM
45th Anniversary Edition 2012 Camaro and New 3.6L LFX V6 Engine FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 647 03-04-2012 02:18 PM
45th Anniversary Camaro Special Edition? TMoneySS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 48 01-26-2012 10:30 PM
Official: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 45th Anniversary Edition shows off at Indy camaro5 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 6 05-29-2011 11:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.