Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #99
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
I have faith in GM that this is only if anything the V6 model interior. I mean I am still getting one any unless I hear something different for 2010.
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #100
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
HEY TAG THERE ARE TWO CUP HOLDERS MAN!!!!!! YES!!!!! Look at the first picture an lookat where the E break is it's right there i the middle concle
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #101
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
As far as the feel of the interior goes, I think I prefer a more spartan interior on the Camaro, it can be done well which I'm sure it will be, but after looking at the pictures over and over, I think that the design and layout fit the Camaro well. It has been likened to a truck, and I agree in a way. Trucks aren't meant to be fancy or pretty (someone please tell that to Lincoln and Cadillac), and neither are Camaros. Also, based on the exterior of the car, a smooth, round, organic looking interior would just be out of place.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #102
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo2227 View Post
HEY TAG THERE ARE TWO CUP HOLDERS MAN!!!!!! YES!!!!! Look at the first picture an lookat where the E break is it's right there i the middle concle
I know..lol...I saw that! Seeing bits and peices is really getting on my nerves...I mean, someone gets shots and they are horrible. Sure, they can take 4 or 5 shots of the two dash gauges, but they can't turn around and get a pic of the back seat too?...or pop the hood? C'MON!!!

I so can't wait for more and better pix. Better yet, I can't wait for the final version!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #103
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
I have to agree with DGthe3, I dont really want a Lexus or BMW or even a Mazda look on the inside. I want a CAMARO look! I want what the designers had in mind when they built it. I dont want them to take pieces and parts from other cars or trucks. I want something different. As far as the retro goes, it looks futuristic retro to me. I like the 69 references as well as the F-22 Raptor references. After all this is still a pre-production model. I just cant wait till Sept 19-21!!!!!!! I think most of the negative opinions will subside. Maybe fbodfather could give us some decent (in focus) pics of the interior. I'm sure he has a better camera than one that is in his phone.
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #104
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black M6
I see things I like, and some things I wish could be better in the interior...but I can also say that about Everything I have ever had...Whether I loved it alot or only a little!!! I am stoked about the car and plan on getting one!! When I see it in person, finally done with no duct tape...I am sure I will be all !!!

Keeping nothing but Faith!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #105
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
I have to agree with DGthe3, I dont really want a Lexus or BMW or even a Mazda look on the inside. I want a CAMARO look!
Yeah, the Mazda was just an example of a nice interior...not that I want it to look that way. What you said is right on, it should be very Camaro inside but so far I think it has not been done right in my opinion/taste.

I don't like tons of buttons, lights, etc but too plain is well...too plain and a truck interior has no place in a sports car...lol. But, like most I'm still waiting for the final look before I freak, lol.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #106
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Caddy interior. Again, nothing more, nothing less.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #107
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
I’m looking at that huge space between the speedo and tach. Do you guys think it holds old school warning lights or some sort of digital driver info center?

It also looks like the heater and the stereo might not be integrated, unless they share the display. So maybe we will be able to replace the stock stereo with a trim piece that has a double DIN hole…
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #108
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Oh man, I'm loving this interior. As the interior is right now in this prototype, it is about 20X better then my current Cavaliers interior probably ever was! I just want a new car that says Camaro on it, has a V8, and has some resemblance to the original.

Great Job GM!!
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #109
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
I have an observation,
you know the icon that has an arrow that shows you which side the fuel door is on. look at the Camaro Pic. the arrow is pointing to the right, on the concept it was on the left? and we have not seen the right side of an un Camo car yet, just an observation thats all.
Good one! def. looks that way to me.. And I guess it could be a place holder guage there...but probably not - that's an odd shape. So.......Passenger side is a good bet here.

I also want to say a word to those who don't like the interior: I'm sorry you feel that way.:( The fact is, that not everybody will be pleased with it. The Camar team knew this going in. You could, perhaps, be those people: And it's NOTHING AT ALL to your discredit.

All I would like to ask, is that come '09...you take a trip to a Chevy dealer, and just give the finished product a chance. You may change you minds...who knows?
Old 01-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #110
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103

In my honest opinion, if any person was in a serious mood or consideration about getting this car or fell in love with the concept(assuming the money is there), they are going to get it, wether you like the interior or not, wether there are cup holders or not, wether the gas fill is on the left or right side, wether the wheels are 15s or 20s, or any other things ive read about people not liking. this car will not be perfect to everyone. i highly doubt that theres is one vehicle that is "perfect" to anybody, meaning that you love everthing about it.

It cant be said enough that GM is over 8 months before preduction. And things change from day to day.

i hope that these pics or any other rumor concerning the camaro dont push anybody away, especially before production.

my $0.02!
mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #111
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
my bet is that's the V6 no V8 they have would have that low of a torque rating.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #112
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
I’m looking at that huge space between the speedo and tach. Do you guys think it holds old school warning lights or some sort of digital driver info center?

It also looks like the heater and the stereo might not be integrated, unless they share the display. So maybe we will be able to replace the stock stereo with a trim piece that has a double DIN hole…
It's going to be a Digital Information center and Monitor and some idiot lights.
will have stuff like Tire Pressure, Outside Temp, Miles per gal calculation, Oil change reminder, Odometer and Trip meter, Maybe a compass and a peak G-Force and 0-60 timer like the one in the Charger SRT8.

My Silverado has a similar thing and so does my Mustang.

0-60 timer on theSRT8

And Peak G force that cool
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-28-2008 at 03:43 PM.
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote