Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #51
8cd03gro


 
Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
why dont we wait for tracy?

also. wtf screw a handheld tuner. i prefer trifecta than a canned tune crap!
Most handheld tuners have the same tuning capabilities as an open source system or trifecta. The handhelds just store tunes for flashing, but maps can be made for them.

I think many of the supercharger faithful would be pleasantly surprised with the feel and sound of a proper turbo setup. A properly sized turbo will put you in or near peak torque before ~3,500 rpm and if you want an awesome sound just run an external wastegate and dump to atmosphere. That's what I have and it's super quiet cruising, but when you step on the go-pedal it sounds like a damn 767.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #52
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Most handheld tuners have the same tuning capabilities as an open source system or trifecta. The handhelds just store tunes for flashing, but maps can be made for them.

I think many of the supercharger faithful would be pleasantly surprised with the feel and sound of a proper turbo setup. A properly sized turbo will put you in or near peak torque before ~3,500 rpm and if you want an awesome sound just run an external wastegate and dump to atmosphere. That's what I have and it's super quiet cruising, but when you step on the go-pedal it sounds like a damn 767.
Having owned an centrifugal supercharged V6 before and now a turbo'ed V6, I have to agree, the feel of the turbo is better then the centrifugal... BUT, i also understand turbos are not for everyone and a centrifugal is a much friendly DIY install...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #53
Chevrole+
 
Chevrole+'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
What about meth?
yeah. you could use meth. it would help, but with a procharger, its alot harder to adjust boost control. You would have to get a vacuum boost controller to keep the boost down still. even with meth, u can only run so much boost. and most boost controllers are going for about $400 bucks.
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #54
Chevrole+
 
Chevrole+'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Having owned an centrifugal supercharged V6 before and now a turbo'ed V6, I have to agree, the feel of the turbo is better then the centrifugal... BUT, i also understand turbos are not for everyone and a centrifugal is a much friendly DIY install...
I had a 02 GTP, and an AWD Talon TSI (4cyl turbo). I must say, the TSI felt alot faster, but I never tracked them! :( Wish I did. But I loved the feel of the turbo. Its basically just a bigger jump in power. And there is nothing like the sound.

By the way, *(4 car shop garage)* the turbo setup with also be a friendly DIY for me

I am excited.
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #55
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
I had a 02 GTP, and an AWD Talon TSI (4cyl turbo). I must say, the TSI felt alot faster, but I never tracked them! :( Wish I did. But I loved the feel of the turbo. Its basically just a bigger jump in power. And there is nothing like the sound.

By the way, *(4 car shop garage)* the turbo setup with also be a friendly DIY for me

I am excited.
That's the only thing I really dislike about the EcoBoost... you can't hear the turbos at ALL! No spooling, no BOV... NOTHING! It's stupid quiet...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #56
Chevrole+
 
Chevrole+'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
That's the only thing I really dislike about the EcoBoost... you can't hear the turbos at ALL! No spooling, no BOV... NOTHING! It's stupid quiet...
Yes, I feel that it is because of the current target market. You never know. They may change it up a bit, when they realize who wants them.
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #57
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
Yes, I feel that it is because of the current target market. You never know. They may change it up a bit, when they realize who wants them.
Yep.. The amount of work to reduce NVH on the Flex is crazy... does make for an incredibly quiet and smooth ride though!!! LOL! But yeah, my wife is the target market... I changed the exhaust last weekend. I had MRT fab up a Ver 2.0 for the Flex... after a day of driving it I got my wife gave me here review:

Mrs.: I don't like the new exhaust
Me: Why? Is it too loud?
Mrs: No, it's not really to loud. It's just that now I can hear the exhaust. I couldn't hear it before.
Me: Does it bother you?
Mrs: No, i just turned up the radio...

LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #58
DREV LSX
 
DREV LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: Its the Millenium Falcon
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Davie, FL
Posts: 612
The IPF-Supercharger kit is the other kit that will be available to the V6 at the end of the month!!! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184197
DREV LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #59
Chevrole+
 
Chevrole+'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 455
lol...wonderful...honestly...when i had the talon...i didnt listen to the radio...i listened to the car...same with the camaro..
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #60
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)
 
cjt037's Avatar
 
Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crestwood ky
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREV LSX View Post
The IPF-Supercharger kit is the other kit that will be available to the V6 at the end of the month!!! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184197
With no solid numbers data track times. Its like you're betting 6k
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185528
435.7 RWHP 405 RWTQ
JUST A LITTLE V6... Try me
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incredibly realistic looking carbon fiber vinyl now available at PFYC.com PFYC Exterior Parts & Accessories 3 11-09-2010 12:58 PM
Incredibly realistic looking carbon fiber vinyl now available at PFYC.com PFYC Interior Parts & Accessories 0 11-09-2010 10:37 AM
Am I being realistic? LED Crazy 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 15 10-01-2010 06:08 AM
realistic hp with s/c daily driver 2ss-booya Forced Induction - V8 18 04-30-2010 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.