Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,669
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Crystal Red Tintcoat on ZL1 now available - B92 is Not

Crystal Red Tint became available over the weekend on the Quick Order and will be on the Regular Configurator this Thurs. That is the good news!! Finally it arrived. The bad news is that it came two weeks too late if you wanted to combine the color with B92, which is what happened to me. I passed on my Dec. allocation waiting for Crystal Red to arrive. Just as my January allocation arrived, Crystal Red is put on Quick Order and it is announced that B92 is put on constraint. I can't catch a break here. So I passed up my January allocation and will give it one more month and hope that the B92 problem is resolved in the next few weeks BEFORE the Feb. allocation comes in. But on a bright note, at least the color I want is available and if B92 is still on constraint then I will order the car without it and try to work a deal to buy the part at cost over the counter at a later date.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Crystal Red Tint became available over the weekend on the Quick Order and will be on the Regular Configurator this Thurs. That is the good news!! Finally it arrived. The bad news is that it came two weeks too late if you wanted to combine the color with B92, which is what happened to me. I passed on my Dec. allocation waiting for Crystal Red to arrive. Just as my January allocation arrived, Crystal Red is put on Quick Order and it is announced that B92 is put on constraint. I can't catch a break here. So I passed up my January allocation and will give it one more month and hope that the B92 problem is resolved in the next few weeks BEFORE the Feb. allocation comes in. But on a bright note, at least the color I want is available and if B92 is still on constraint then I will order the car without it and try to work a deal to buy the part at cost over the counter at a later date.
Bro i would wait... get the car u want color, options, and all... it would only be delayed a few weeks any way (: this is good news thanks for sharing (:
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,468
The ZL-1 isn't going any place, Let Chevy get all the kinks out of their suppliers first and make sure you're able to get the vehicle you want.
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Jedi, Great news on the availability of Crystal Red Tintcoat. I saw CRT in person on a CTS-V at the Silicon Valley Auto Show this weekend and it looked striking with a lot of depth and complexity. I hope that it will still be available on the 2013 models.

From what Scott posted regarding the exposed carbon weave hood insert not being available at the start of ZL1 production, I don't think that any of the early production 2012 ZL1s will be equipped with the B92 option, so I don't think that even if you ordered a different color with the December allocation, that that vehicle would have been delivered with the exposed carbon weave insert anyway.
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6

Last edited by GoldenBear; 01-09-2012 at 01:28 PM.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
phantom
phantom
 
phantom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 CRT 6M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: depere, wi
Posts: 143
In the same boat, my pending order has Ashten Gray Metalic because CRT wasn't available on Dec 22nd when I ordered, but I'm glad to hear the CRT is now available. Will change the web order today. Given I'm in Green Bay, probably wouldn't see the allocation come through for another month, and pray the B92 is available. Those are the two primary things I wanted with the car. However, the picture posted last week, of the 3 ZL1's on the fence at the plant has planted a seed that the black would also be an excellent choice. Currently own a Black 2SS.
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,978
yeah I am waiting till next month as well. what is one month if it means getting what you want.

My wife does not want silver and I like the ashen gray so much better with exposed carbon.

I would like to see a photo of CRT on a ZL1 that is not a photoshop. this color is hit or miss with me. don't like it on CTS-V do like it on the Z06 Z07 I saw. I think I will like it on the zl1. the photoshop I saw looked awesome but it did not look real either.
__________________
2017 zl1 or GT350 hmmmm
2015 Hellcat-sold
2013 ZL1 -sold
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,669
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
GB, some people have said that if you reached status 3000 last month with the B92 option then it will be on your car, others have said that nobody is getting it yet, so I do not know which to believe. The only thing I know for sure is I cannot get it on mine yet. At least CRT made it in January like Fbodfather and a few others have said. I know it is tough waiting for your CRT Convertible but most of these teething problems should be over by then.

Hognutz, the Detroit Show started today and I am hoping that they brought a Crystal Red ZL1 to the show.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!

Last edited by OldJedi; 01-09-2012 at 04:46 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro
 
Scarrzz's Avatar
 
Drives: Suzuki Hayabusa
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana, CO, GA, TX, etc.
Posts: 2,014
.

Sorry for your troubles, guys.

I had IBM with B92. Just sayin'

Hopefully your crystal with exposed will get ironed out before too late.

(I think purple sheen might look kinda cool on Black. Save 'em & do a "limited special option."
__________________
.
__________________________________
................................................The Faithful are Watching.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
GB, some people have said that if you reached status 3000 last month with the B92 option then it will be on your car, others have said that nobody is getting it yet, so I do not know which to believe. The only thing I know for sure is I cannot get it on mine yet. At least CRT made it in January like Fbodfather and a few others have said. I know it is tough waiting for your CRT Convertible but most of these teething should be over by then.

Hognutz, the Detroit Show started today and I am hoping that they brought a Crystal Red ZL1 to the show.
yeah I would like to see some real pictures of the colors and options I have not seen yet just so I don't end up liking something else better. I think I am the worlds worst at second guessing my decisions.
__________________
2017 zl1 or GT350 hmmmm
2015 Hellcat-sold
2013 ZL1 -sold
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
2SSJIM

 
2SSJIM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AZ.
Posts: 940
Thank you fot that info.... that's what I've been wait'n on.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,952
GM give'if and they take'if.
Kidding aside it's great to hear the crystal red is now available. Just as long as I get my Z before the summer hits. Otherwise I may hold out for
the 2013 vert and hope I get it before the camaro fest 3 in August.

Getting a bit tired of reading all the posts lately, this is going to be a
blast of a car to drive. Can't wait to go cruising with the wife
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36987&dateline=1334886195 border=0 alt= />
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 28,414
Just as Fbod said...

Can't wait to see one of these in the wild...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN
 
Jekyll-N-Hyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Weatherford and Azle TX hway730
Posts: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Just as Fbod said...

Can't wait to see one of these in the wild...

Or in your garage

How about black carbon or grey ( again )
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
69 Rebel

 
69 Rebel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laval, Canada
Posts: 1,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
In the same boat, my pending order has Ashten Gray Metalic because CRT wasn't available on Dec 22nd when I ordered, but I'm glad to hear the CRT is now available. Will change the web order today. Given I'm in Green Bay, probably wouldn't see the allocation come through for another month, and pray the B92 is available. Those are the two primary things I wanted with the car. However, the picture posted last week, of the 3 ZL1's on the fence at the plant has planted a seed that the black would also be an excellent choice. Currently own a Black 2SS.
You have a link to that picture? i'am torn between black and victory red with black stripe.
__________________
Version I
Jannetty Racing 550 RWHP Street Brawler Package,
Powered by TVS2300 Maggie
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100385

Version II
416ci stroker/4L80e
701rwhp 750rwtq
build and tuned by
SPI-Performance
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Demon'SS Resurrection [COTW 12/12/11] RED DEMON SS Member Car Journals 5510 09-20-2016 09:59 PM
BIG RED - The WORLDS BADDEST CAMARO and its '69 Z/28 non the less (True Story) NOODLESgoneWILD 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros 12 10-01-2014 09:15 AM
Ashen Grey Metallic And Crystal Red Tintcoat on Chevrolet Website panther2469 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 15 10-15-2011 06:39 PM
Ashen Grey Metallic And Crystal Red Tintcoat on Chevrolet Website panther2469 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 12 10-15-2011 03:24 AM
Ashen Grey Metallic And Crystal Red Tintcoat on Chevrolet Website panther2469 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1 10-14-2011 03:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.