Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 06:55 AM   #141
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!
 
HufferSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
it's a planning issue on everything from logistics, accomodations, to vendors and sponsors, not enough time to put this together by first of May next year but perhaps fall of next year.

Most of that should have already been underway for the ZMaxx event.

I dunno...your call but I doubt a fall event will be that popular with CFest and IRS shootout already scheduled.

Did you guys not have a signed contract with ZMax before releasing the date?
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #142
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper
 
Camaros To The Max's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Most of that should have already been underway for the ZMaxx event.

I dunno...your call but I doubt a fall event will be that popular with CFest and IRS shootout already scheduled.

Did you guys not have a signed contract with ZMax before releasing the date?
Its a very long story! I don't know when our next event will be, but rest assured we have learned a lot from this one. I can personally tell you that there is NO one more disapointed than I am. I will leave it at that.
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #143
nasty2ss

 
nasty2ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: rochester ny
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT IMFORMATION....................................... ............ Due to reasons beyond my control, we are having to CANCEL this event. I apologize to everyone that has signed up and reserved hotel rooms for this event.
We were told by Z-Max that this event was a done deal and we could release our event date and then about a month ago we were contacted and told that there was a scheduling conflict with our date and he would get back with me. I have not heard from him since. I have called him numerous times and sent him e-mails since, but he has ignored them all. I am devastated by this all. Most of all I am sorry that I led my Camaro Friends to thinking we were having this awesome event and even had them to reserve hotel rooms in advance. I hate it with all I have in me, but it was beyond my control.
I personally gave him a piece of my mind. So if you have a reservation for this event at a hotel, please call and cancel it. Again, please except my apologies. Never again will our club associate with Z-Max Dragway.
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #144
stikSS
9691 & 97586
 
stikSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cameron, NC
Posts: 2,814
I have talked with Scott (Camaros to the Maxx) through PM and he gave me permission to mention our event on this thread.... So I politely this and let everyone know that Camaro South is ironing out the details for Camaros for Heroes II, which will be held sometime in May or June 2012. We are working with several folks to confirm dates, hopefully not not much longer.

We started this event this year, it went really good on Friday and then the weather crapped out on us... So we're looking to rebound next year with better weather!. I have another thread started for our event under the Southeast... feel free to post up there.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #145
40again
 
40again's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS V6 6spd manual Victory Red
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Waldorf, Md.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
Its a very long story! I don't know when our next event will be, but rest assured we have learned a lot from this one. I can personally tell you that there is NO one more disapointed than I am. I will leave it at that.
What a bummer! Well at least I got my Hilton points credit.....although I would have rather used them!
40again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #146
Stay Marine
Finally home!!
 
Stay Marine's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2SS/RS; in transformation
Join Date: May 2009
Location: J-Ville, NC
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I have talked with Scott (Camaros to the Maxx) through PM and he gave me permission to mention our event on this thread.... So I politely this and let everyone know that Camaro South is ironing out the details for Camaros for Heroes II, which will be held sometime in May or June 2012. We are working with several folks to confirm dates, hopefully not not much longer.

We started this event this year, it went really good on Friday and then the weather crapped out on us... So we're looking to rebound next year with better weather!. I have another thread started for our event under the Southeast... feel free to post up there.
He#$%$# Yes!
__________________
Stay Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #147
MS3DALE


 
MS3DALE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carmichaels,Pa.
Posts: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT IMFORMATION....................................... ............ Due to reasons beyond my control, we are having to CANCEL this event. I apologize to everyone that has signed up and reserved hotel rooms for this event.
We were told by Z-Max that this event was a done deal and we could release our event date and then about a month ago we were contacted and told that there was a scheduling conflict with our date and he would get back with me. I have not heard from him since. I have called him numerous times and sent him e-mails since, but he has ignored them all. I am devastated by this all. Most of all I am sorry that I led my Camaro Friends to thinking we were having this awesome event and even had them to reserve hotel rooms in advance. I hate it with all I have in me, but it was beyond my control.
I personally gave him a piece of my mind. So if you have a reservation for this event at a hotel, please call and cancel it. Again, please except my apologies. Never again will our club associate with Z-Max Dragway.
Well this sucks Scott,I was getting a little "Camarovan" together too!
Let me know what you guys decide to do.
__________________

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #148
Bertha II
 
Bertha II's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 127
Just found out about the cancellation - bummer! Oh well, at least we've got CFEST III to look forward to this year. I called to cancel my reservations at the host hotel today (Comfort Suites 704-979-3800) and spoke with Lynn who said they still had a lot of room reservations for this event that had not been cancelled at their hotel. Apparently I'm not the only one who didn't know about the cancellation yet....

Hope to see you guys at Indy in August!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT IMFORMATION....................................... ............ Due to reasons beyond my control, we are having to CANCEL this event. I apologize to everyone that has signed up and reserved hotel rooms for this event.
We were told by Z-Max that this event was a done deal and we could release our event date and then about a month ago we were contacted and told that there was a scheduling conflict with our date and he would get back with me. I have not heard from him since. I have called him numerous times and sent him e-mails since, but he has ignored them all. I am devastated by this all. Most of all I am sorry that I led my Camaro Friends to thinking we were having this awesome event and even had them to reserve hotel rooms in advance. I hate it with all I have in me, but it was beyond my control.
I personally gave him a piece of my mind. So if you have a reservation for this event at a hotel, please call and cancel it. Again, please except my apologies. Never again will our club associate with Z-Max Dragway.
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #149
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,366
Several of our club members (Music City Camaro Club & Central Kentucky Camaro Club) had also been planning to go to this event. We were also dissappointed. Hopefully you guys can get something else worked out. Glad there is still C5 Fest!
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #150
smokingcamaro
 
smokingcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 393
Wow that sucks, I was really looking forward to this event and it would have been so close!!!
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #151
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,662
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha II View Post
Just found out about the cancellation - bummer! Oh well, at least we've got CFEST III to look forward to this year. I called to cancel my reservations at the host hotel today (Comfort Suites 704-979-3800) and spoke with Lynn who said they still had a lot of room reservations for this event that had not been cancelled at their hotel. Apparently I'm not the only one who didn't know about the cancellation yet....

Hope to see you guys at Indy in August!
Hmm....really...ok.....I am gonna send out PM's to the people who signed up in this thread as a reminder to cancel their reservations.

It would be unfortunate for them to be saddled with cancellation fees. Thanks for the tip.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro5 Fest (C5F) Hotel/Camping Tally garcmol 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I) 342 04-10-2012 07:38 AM
3rd annual Buyers & Builders Oshawa CONFIRMATION LIST RickRay Canada 1891 11-07-2011 07:38 PM
Camaro's to the Maxx!!! May 4-6th 2012!!!!!! ZMAX Dragway Krystal's447 USA - Southeast 39 09-24-2011 08:14 PM
Camaros for Heroes Hotel Info, Fayetteville NC Marxh 27 - 29 2011 stikSS USA - Southeast 57 02-25-2011 07:20 AM
3RD Annual SS Event. Any Camaros ready to race? NORCAL SS Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 1 02-14-2010 07:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.