Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
Hey, it's my dream. I can dream it any way I want too! LOL
trganey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Not sure I'd like the the idea of a V6 Z28. I think a Z28 should have a high-tech N/A DOHC VVT V8 displacing 4.5L-5.3L that revs to at least 7000 RPM if not more.
What I'd love to see is a benchmark V6 model that is more than just a trim package. Have it be a formidable option to its V8 brethren and have it be the destroyer of the 370Z, G70 and the Genesis and even V6 Mustang. I'd still like to see the NA V6 up around 350 HP stock. I'd like to see the FI V6 sportin around 480-520RWHP with M3-Boxster- like handling and braking. That to me has more appeal than the SS or even the ZL-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heck SIXJAK did you just pull that straight outta my brain? lol

I agree very much!

I will be dissapointed if they release a TT V6 with only 400HP or so, now that we know how super easy with low amounts of boost is is to get to that number (I'm talking crank HP) Now, I can see them releasing a lower HP TTV6 for other vehicles, but a TTV6 in a Camaro should be at least as powerful and fast as the SS.

I'm telling ya, I know its all smoke and dreams at this point, but the more I think about the next Gen Camaro on a lightweight ATS-like Alpha platform the more giddy I get. I can't imagine how fun these cars would be if they were just a smidge smaller (not much!!) and about 3 or 400 lbs lighter.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #20
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seca Turbo View Post
Anybody know if this engine is relate to our V6?
hers the link, it is the second video

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-on-ovals//P2/

OMG! OMG! OMG! I do think thats our V6 engine!Listen to it roar!
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #21
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Heck SIXJAK did you just pull that straight outta my brain? lol

I agree very much!

I will be dissapointed if they release a TT V6 with only 400HP or so, now that we know how super easy with low amounts of boost is is to get to that number (I'm talking crank HP) Now, I can see them releasing a lower HP TTV6 for other vehicles, but a TTV6 in a Camaro should be at least as powerful and fast as the SS.

I'm telling ya, I know its all smoke and dreams at this point, but the more I think about the next Gen Camaro on a lightweight ATS-like Alpha platform the more giddy I get. I can't imagine how fun these cars would be if they were just a smidge smaller (not much!!) and about 3 or 400 lbs lighter.
LOL Just saw this. Yeah it would be cool. If fuel gets to 4.00 + a gallon I think GM and a lot of guys addicted to 8 cylinders will start rethinking things. Don't get me wrong I'd live to see fuel drop to .99 a gallon and see GM still be motivated to produce some cool six banger stuff. I just love the sounds they make-they seem so anti establishment-counter culture-outside the box to me.

Historically and traditionally 8 cylinder Camaros were always THE performance option and the 6 cylinder Camaro was just the economy option for the broke or for the poseur or for daddies and husbands to buy for their girls and that's a tradition I don't mind seeing going the way of the doe doe bird.

The high revving DOHC LLT is a hoot to drive and it would be sick if it put 450-500RWHP to the pavement. With that you could mess with just about anybody.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote