Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #101
Nathan Moreno

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Your engine bay is looking good.

Looks very similar to Kilo-9's. He's done a great job with his. He has a meticulous attention to detail!!
Thanks, to be compared to Kilo-9's is definitely a compliment. The best part is that he's been extremely generous with his time helping me out. When I'm done, I'll consider myself his natural aspirated little brother, .

By the way, I made a list of all I've done so far and it amounts to about ten things. I still have over forty more to go, so you will see a tremendous transformation. Stay tune.
Nathan Moreno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #102
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
You guys are killing me!
I'm installing my supercharger right now, and I have to do this.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #103
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
looking great, Have to try a few of these things, would really like to at least relocate my heater lines
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #104
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Looks great!!!

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #105
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Throttle Body Mod

Nathan,I was getting ready to send off my throttle body too,and wanted to ask you if you can share the ARP part #s for the stainless bolts you used? Thanks,Tt--
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #106
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
looking great, Have to try a few of these things, would really like to at least relocate my heater lines
That's how I started with heater hose and it's gotten out of control, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcu678 View Post
Looks great!!!
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytahoe View Post
Nathan,I was getting ready to send off my throttle body too,and wanted to ask you if you can share the ARP part #s for the stainless bolts you used? Thanks,Tt--
Intake bolts. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-430-2101/?rtype=4
Throttle Body: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-770-1006/
Bolts for my fuel rails. Other fuel rails might be different. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-770-1003/
Water pump (I'm also replacing these): http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AR...3202/?rtype=10

I'll update this post tomorrow with the throttle body bolts for you. If your going to order anything, you might want to think it through so that your not placing multiple orders and getting killed on shipping cost.

Last edited by Nathan Moreno; 01-14-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #107
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i,m moving coils to frame, what is everyone using for universal plug wires???
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #108
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i,m moving coils to frame, what is everyone using for universal plug wires???
I asked Kilo-9 the same question. Here's his reply:

"I used a "cut-to-fit" wire set from MSD, part # 32079 for red wires or part # 31193 for black. The red kit contains the correct LS-style coil side terminals, the black kit does not. If you choose the black kit, you'll also need to purchase 4 of part #3304 which are the LS-style boots and terminals for the coil end, 2/pack, 4 packs total. I purchased the wires and terminals from Summit Racing."
Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #109
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
I asked Kilo-9 the same question. Here's his reply:

"I used a "cut-to-fit" wire set from MSD, part # 32079 for red wires or part # 31193 for black. The red kit contains the correct LS-style coil side terminals, the black kit does not. If you choose the black kit, you'll also need to purchase 4 of part #3304 which are the LS-style boots and terminals for the coil end, 2/pack, 4 packs total. I purchased the wires and terminals from Summit Racing."
thanks, i also see grannatelli sells wires, i want some orange wires to match my iom..but i saw the msd kit and was curious if thats what everybody was using..
Old 01-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #110
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Quote:
thanks, i also see grannatelli sells wires, i want some orange wires to match my iom..but i saw the msd kit and was curious if thats what everybody was using..
I was told our coil packs were better than switching to the MSD's which I wanted to do for the red. Is that true?
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #111
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
If your looking to relocate the coils, unless Grannetelli makes you custom length wires, they are going to be to short.

Taylor make a woven sleeve in multiple colors that you can use over the Mallory wires. I'm going to use the black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
I was told our coil packs were better than switching to the MSD's which I wanted to do for the red. Is that true?
If you wanted MSD's coils just for the color, RocTrux on page 2 of this thread either painted or powder coated his. Hit him up for the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky2486 View Post
Things were rolling pretty smoothly but somehow Old Murphy had to come into the picture.
LMAO, I was thinking the same thing. That son of a "B%$&! always has to interfere. The biggest delay has been waiting for parts and shipping eras, it's literally comical.

Katech carbon fiber valve cover went on back order the week was I was going to place my order. Jason tells me that hes was expecting since Jan 3rd. Today; reply is "No news", LOL, what are you going to do.

Last edited by Nathan Moreno; 01-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #112
Nathan Moreno

In the meantime, I did get most of what I needed to be able to flip throttle body. There's a few reasons I'm doing this.

1. With a Vararam intake, the vacuum hose that runs from the passenger valve cover to the intake sits on top of the coupler (See picture below). By flipping the throttle body over, it creates room on the passenger side to reroute the hose under were it wont be visible.

2. My opinion but, I think the throttle body looks nicer flipped over.

I know some folks will put a breather on the valve cover and just do away with the line. But I spoke with Patrick at Vararam, he gave me a thirty minute explanation on how the car loses power when you do that. Also the Katech valve covers don't come with a oil deflectors/baffels, so you'd have oil spilling all over the place. The name of this thread "Project Cleaning the Clutter in Our Engine Bay" would take a whole new meaning, LOL. Even if I could use a breather, once see what I'm doing with the covers, you'll see why I wouldn't want to. Stay tune for that.

One of the challenges in flipping the throttle body is that the water vapor tube hits. So I needed to address this (See picture below).

Remedy; I'm running AN lines and fitting. These blocks below are in the mail, LOL. I'm replacing the bolts with ARP 12 points to match the rest.

I did get most everything else. But I changed my mind on the color of some of the fittings. Instead of running all the fitting in black, I'm going to mix it up and change the "straights" with "Super Nickel" color. Has a better contras with the black hoses and looks more high tech. Should have those next Tuesday. One of the fittings on the T is "Super Nickel" for comparison. Kind of hard to explain what I'm doing but you'll get a better idea next week.

I also replaced the end fitting on the rails with something a little more subtle. The new ones sit flush with the rails. The ones I'm holding didn't have the "X' factor. I guess they're not going to Hollywood!

I'm replacing the worm clamps that come with the Vararam with Stainless T-bolts. But since those are in the mail, LOL. I figure I'd Foosifize theses in the meantime. First, you can see in the picture how they stick out when tighten down.

So out came the Dremel.

And here it is after a hair cut. Notice the the finish isn't very appealing......so

After a few minutes of brush sanding and........ Wala.........polished brushed stainless. Got rid of all the little imperfections and gave them a more raw mechanical look. The picture don't do them justice but they now look pretty bitching.

That's all for now. I'll probably relocate the positive battery cable over the weekend and get rid of the bracket. Oh, wait, thats right, I need the braided sleeve's thats in the mail to do that.

Last edited by Nathan Moreno; 01-14-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #113
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
Hey Nathan thanks for the idea of moving the e-vap solenoid from the out side of the fuse box mount to underneath looks hella better. Oh and I'v added a few things since my last post.
Attached Images

Last edited by RocTrux; 04-04-2012 at 05:51 PM.
RocTrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #114
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocTrux View Post
Hey Nathan thanks for the idea of moving the e-vap solenoid from the out side of the fuse box mount to underneath looks hell better. Oh and I'v added a few things since my last post.
Looks great!
Where did you get the harness conduit for up under the passenger side fender?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #115
mikepage0007

thanks guys, i am doing the sleeve protectot but the taylor is to orange, there are some thatare a less bright orange out there..i am doing the black wire bulk kit and cutting down to size..i have posted a couple p[laces,, what is everyone doing for coil extension...some are stretching out the oem { but i may go inner fender which not long enough} , others have soldered and lengthen there oem coil wire...any input other then these 2 options
Old 01-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #116
mikepage0007

12 and 24inch coil extension , asked seller if it works on 2010 camaro ls3 and he replied yes..just thought i would mention...http://www.ebay.com/itm/360323545043...S:1123&vxp=mtr
Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #117
Nathan Moreno

OK, I'm replacing this piece with AN fittings an lines. But I had a couple of hours to burn and my dremel polishing kit..... so what the hell. Since I have no need for the piece, I figure we'd have some fun and I'm going to give it away for FREE to one lucky winner! I'm also throwing in a couple of ARP bolts to complete the look. The bolts by themselves are $5.99 each, not cheap.

Here are the rules; whoever posts closest to guessing my DOB without going over WINS! Will keep it open till Friday and than I will announce the winner.

Oh, I almost forgot... there's is a small shipping and handling fee of $129.99.

Just kidding, I pay for the shipping also.

Here's what I started with.

And here's work in progress.

I brushed the blocks and polished the tubes

In this picture, I still hadn't polish the inlet tube.

The pictures don't do it justice... whoever wins will see the difference when they compare both. Good Luck and less start guessing.

Last edited by Nathan Moreno; 01-16-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #118
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocTrux View Post
Hey Nathan thanks for the idea of moving the e-vap solenoid from the out side of the fuse box mount to underneath looks hell better. Oh and I'v added a few things since my last post.
Nice attention to details! I see you replaced the heater hose, fuel line, vacuum line, water vapor line, replaced the pulley and chromed the strut for the hood.

Relocating the EVAC solenoid made a big difference, didn't it! But I can't take credit for it. Kilo-9 came up with the idea. I just had a good eye to study his pictures to see what he did.

If you relocate the ground cable and get rid of that ugly bolts, it will make as much of a difference!

Quote:
12 and 24inch coil extension , asked seller if it works on 2010 camaro ls3 and he replied yes..just thought i would mention...http://www.ebay.com/itm/360323545043...S:1123&vxp=mtr
The challenge with the extension is that your going to have the big connector on top. Which might defeat the purpose. Extending the wire is not a big deal. If you like, PM me and I will give you my cell number so that you can call me.

Last edited by Nathan Moreno; 01-16-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #119
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Game on
Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #120
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
I'm game.

1-20-1991

I figure you turn 21 on Friday, go out have your first beer.
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #121
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn2usa View Post
I'm game.

1-20-1991

I figure you turn 21 on Friday, go out have your first beer.
Base on the overwhelming response, you might win by default! I think most people look at these threads like they look at girly magazines... they just look at the pictures and don't bother to read the content.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #122
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Are we doing this price is right style? Closest without going over?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #123
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
April 21, 1986
Old 01-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #124
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Are we doing this price is right style? Closest without going over?
Yes
Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #125
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
28 jun 1985
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote