Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
A62010SS
 
Drives: 2010SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 60
I thought I was going to be in the area last week but my schedule changed and missed out. I did contact Tracy by PM and he said they had an engine issue with Gretchen and working on a fix. Hope to see it back on the road soon.
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #36
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by A62010SS View Post
I thought I was going to be in the area last week but my schedule changed and missed out. I did contact Tracy by PM and he said they had an engine issue with Gretchen and working on a fix. Hope to see it back on the road soon.
Yeah, looks like the tensioner went out on one of the timing chains. Hopefully there wasn't any serious damage.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #37
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah, looks like the tensioner went out on one of the timing chains. Hopefully there wasn't any serious damage.
Wow really?
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #38
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,525
Ok not to be debbie downer or something like that. Will we ever see the numbers for Gretchen? I have been reading about this great car for what seems like a year. I have seen pictures, a video and read the stories. I just want dyno, 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Will that ever happen? Whiteside created a car, Can't_C_ME is getting an upgrade, then see a SC Six, at somepoint someone has to have numbers on this stuff. I guess I can wait another six months. As long as one of these options gets me in the 0-60 under 6 seconds and at least a low 13 sec 1/4 mile I will be more then happy. I dont care about SS times and trying to beat that. I just want the pedestrian numbers.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #39
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Ok not to be debbie downer or something like that. Will we ever see the numbers for Gretchen? I have been reading about this great car for what seems like a year. I have seen pictures, a video and read the stories. I just want dyno, 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Will that ever happen? Whiteside created a car, Can't_C_ME is getting an upgrade, then see a SC Six, at somepoint someone has to have numbers on this stuff. I guess I can wait another six months. As long as one of these options gets me in the 0-60 under 6 seconds and at least a low 13 sec 1/4 mile I will be more then happy. I dont care about SS times and trying to beat that. I just want the pedestrian numbers.
Where have you been man. Times are posted on the fast list on this and the other site.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #40
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Ok not to be debbie downer or something like that. Will we ever see the numbers for Gretchen? I have been reading about this great car for what seems like a year. I have seen pictures, a video and read the stories. I just want dyno, 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Will that ever happen? Whiteside created a car, Can't_C_ME is getting an upgrade, then see a SC Six, at somepoint someone has to have numbers on this stuff. I guess I can wait another six months. As long as one of these options gets me in the 0-60 under 6 seconds and at least a low 13 sec 1/4 mile I will be more then happy. I dont care about SS times and trying to beat that. I just want the pedestrian numbers.
Yep Tracy posted 2 video's and 2 time slips from Gretchen's runs. 12.4 has been the best with I think it was at 4psi's (which was lowered by accident) instead of 6psi's or better. Some are posted on my thread also. Gretchen is the truth!!
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #41
JohnZ
 
JohnZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 412
any 0-60mph times? I don't I've seen a post with that number.
__________________
Injen CAI, V-Max Throttle Body, Rx 25mm Iceolator, Rx 10mm Plenum Spacer, Mace Ported Manifold, ARK N-II Catback, Trifecta Tune, Rx Catch Can.

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #42
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
any 0-60mph times? I don't I've seen a post with that number.
There are some calculators out there that can use the 1/8 mile ET and Trap to estimate it.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #43
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
There are some calculators out there that can use the 1/8 mile ET and Trap to estimate it.
I've found this one to be pretty accurate, based on my timeslips and my 0-60 runs with the Dashhawk:

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

comes up with 0-60 MPH in 3.75 seconds...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I've found this one to be pretty accurate, based on my timeslips and my 0-60 runs with the Dashhawk:

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

comes up with 0-60 MPH in 3.75 seconds...
Cool. Thanks man.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #45
Hellfighter

 
Hellfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sugar Land/Texas
Posts: 1,873
Man Tracy, Once i get the moolah coming in, im Def driving Down to FL and have you turn my V6 into a V8 Smoker
__________________
Hellfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solo Performance V6 High-Flow Res-Cats GOINGSOLO2 V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 114 02-05-2014 09:03 AM
Review: Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax Iomcamaro Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 6 01-22-2012 11:38 PM
VMax TB V6 R2: Review V6/Manual Transmission 2011 Camaro V6 LS Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 7 11-22-2011 11:21 PM
Drove one! Orange SS! Quick review, and Q&A (Austin Auto Show) SemperFi Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 32 04-20-2009 04:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.