Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #15
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,995


FOward to 2:20

__________________
CAMARO
Consult your doctor before taking Camaro
Side effects include Sudden increase in Heart Rate, Insomnia and occasional hallucinations
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
Ice Demon

 
Ice Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 1,100
Yep and that why I said a properly setup nitrous system is 99% safe. The other 1% is if someone shoots your car lol.
__________________
Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #17
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,825
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
Yep and that why I said a properly setup nitrous system is 99% safe. The other 1% is if someone shoots your car lol.
except it doesn't blow up quite like that...
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
8cd03gro


 
Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,999
Nitrous Oxide isn't flammable. . .
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
The dangerous part is the self-control N2O requires... It is very easy to get GREEDY!!! The instant torque of N2O is a friggin' rush and is very addictive! And it will leave you wanting more and more!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #20
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
Might need to get into a rehab center after your mind and body start building tolerance for nitrous. Getting off nitrous might cause a nasty withdrawal enough to cause hospitalization.

When you think of nitrous think of this,

This is your brain, and this is your brain on nitrous.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
Shu71

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 792
I ran a 36 hp setup on a 2000 Harley Sportster for years on the street. The engine made around 90 hp naturally and 130 on the bottle. The bike weighed 490 lbs. By no means was this 'out of control' provided some simple rules of use were followed. Many of these rules are taken care of by all the control that are available. If your opinion of nitrous is based on any movie or TV show, then please don't share your opinion. OP if you are seriously interested, find a local speed shop or two or three which sells and installs nitrous oxide systems and speak with them at length about it. Find out the weak parts in the 3.6 first. Are these forged pistons? If not I would limit the jetting quite a bit because hyper and cast pistons do not do well with the forces of nitrous. It is quite safe when properly set up and operated given than any power added (nitrous, supercharger, turbo) is going to cause more wear to engine components.
__________________
Shu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
h2oplay
Winners find a way
 
h2oplay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Might need to get into a rehab center after your mind and body start building tolerance for nitrous. Getting off nitrous might cause a nasty withdrawal enough to cause hospitalization.

When you think of nitrous think of this,

This is your brain, and this is your brain on nitrous.
LOL
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey
 
Drives: TT/SS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between 10 and 20 PSI
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
Wondering how reliable the nos is for a DD. Can i control when to use it and only just never use it when im driving? It's on my list after I scrape some money up for SS gears. Thanks for the help and no flame since I have no clue about NOS
Ran it for 5 years on my GTO. 3 years with a 100 shot and 2 years with a 150 with 0 issues. run a fuel pressure safety switch, a window switch/tps and since i heard the V6's have fuel issues you may want to look into a dedicated fuel system. Be smart about the amount you spray and the higher the activation the easier it is on the engine. 3500 rpm is a good starting point. if it's an auto have the deactivation a couple hundred rpm below the shift point and it will be easier on the transmission. Sorry if anything I said was a repost because I didn't feel like reading the post. Also Nitrous outlet is a very helpful company and very community oriented and i'm sure they would be more than happy to answer any of your technical questions. Good luck with everything and have fun.
__________________
Futral Motorsports built and tuned
CyberPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #24
Guro305
 
Guro305's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Victory Red
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Nitrous Oxide isn't flammable. . .
That's what I was gonna say!
__________________
Guro [Filipino/Tagalog (goo-roh) nee~guro} noun. An expert/master. Implies not only wizard skill but also a history of being a knowledge resource for others.

-Fifthgen Chevy Camaro Victory Red-
-C5 Chevy Corvette Torch Red-
-Thirdgen T/A Black Pearl, 18 years and counting........-
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harris Speedworks LS plate NOS kit g4dadon Forced Induction 1 12-19-2011 08:03 AM
getting NOS installed??? questions destroyerofu2 Forced Induction - V8 54 08-05-2011 08:49 AM
What would be the best and yet safest setup for nos? xpanda305x Forced Induction - V6 8 06-16-2011 08:59 AM
NOS or Zex? Blade Forced Induction - V6 59 05-25-2011 01:42 AM
Question about Nos strauchpete Forced Induction - V6 13 07-10-2010 09:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.