Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 02-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
C17A

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Post Pfadt rear suspension notes.

The attempt this weekend was to replace the rear trailing arms, rear tie rods and subframe bushings with Pfadt upgrades.

After removing; the exhaust, disconnecting the drive shaft, dropping the entire rear end out and removing the rubber subframe bushings (which is not easy), I had to throw in the towel on the bushings that connects the rear trailing arms to the spindle. I spent the better part of a day trying to remove them with a re-created pfadt tool, which was mostly successful until the bolts would sheer.

If someone hopes to do this on their own I would recommend getting a real bushing press c-clamp and removing the entire spindle seperate from the main suspension body and axles the mechanic I spoke with at West Coast Corvettes said that their tool is basically a one shot use maybe two if you're lucky.

West Coast Customes is also listed on Pfadt's website as a authorized dealer so take this info as you wish.

Good luck to all the other DIY'rs.
C17A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
Zman12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I also just did these upgrades this weekend. All you need is to borrow a 2 prong puller from AutoZone. The tool cost me $0. I had them out in about 5 mins a side.

Tags
pfadt, rear trailing arms, subframe bushings