Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #26
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
I put the SJM a couple weeks ago and install was easy enough. Hardest part was deciding hot to do the wiring/switches. Was going to go with the cruise control setup mentioned above but went a little different instead. I Used the supplied SJM master switch which I installed under the steering at the bottom of the dash. I then installed a Plasmaglo momentary switch in the cigarette lighter socket for a real covert but functional look. When the master is armed, the Plasmaglo lights up to let you know. Install turned out really clean and I am really satisfied with the SJM quality and performance!
Attached Images

The Workhorse: 2006 Silverado CCSB, EFI Live, MBRP/Diamond Eye 4" turbo back, Edge Insight CTS
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #27
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I've decided to get a black switch (about the size of a nickel) with a built in LED, and the shifter switch as the momentary. That way I don't have to drill any holes into the interior of the vehicle.
Attached Images

calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #28
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
glad it,s all working out...steve is a good vendor here, has helped me with diffewrent things from bogarts to line locks...had 1 problem with a sticking solenoid and he recalled it asap..
Old 03-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #29
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

I gave the shop the details today hopefully I'll get it soon and some decent weather will come so we can finish tuning and install this setup, then I can just enjoy the car for a while before the next project.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #30
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I bought the Hurst kit....it was about $20 more than SJM but I like the fact that it mounts up under the master cylinder and out of the way. To me it's more hidden than mounting it up on the front of the passenger fender well.

Everything I've seen and heard about SJM has been great. You should be good with their setup.

I haven't installed mine yet but I'm about to. I've been working out how I want to do it because I don't really want to drill anything if I don't have to. I went by the Auto Parts store the other day and picked up a $2.50 two prong plug for some trailer lights. Right now the plan is to use the plug that I will hide behind my console when I'm not using it. When I go to the track I'll pull out the side with the switch from the glove box and plug it in. I'm thinking about using a remote engine starter as switch since it is designed to be handheld. It's just that a reasonable one is $15-$20 and a good one is about $30. That's more than I really wanted to spend so I'm trying to think up another option for the handheld button. By using the plug I won't need an activation swicth since there is no connection without the plug in place. At least that's the plan for now.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #31
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I bought the Hurst kit....it was about $20 more than SJM but I like the fact that it mounts up under the master cylinder and out of the way. To me it's more hidden than mounting it up on the front of the passenger fender well.

Everything I've seen and heard about SJM has been great. You should be good with their setup.

I haven't installed mine yet but I'm about to. I've been working out how I want to do it because I don't really want to drill anything if I don't have to. I went by the Auto Parts store the other day and picked up a $2.50 two prong plug for some trailer lights. Right now the plan is to use the plug that I will hide behind my console when I'm not using it. When I go to the track I'll pull out the side with the switch from the glove box and plug it in. I'm thinking about using a remote engine starter as switch since it is designed to be handheld. It's just that a reasonable one is $15-$20 and a good one is about $30. That's more than I really wanted to spend so I'm trying to think up another option for the handheld button. By using the plug I won't need an activation swicth since there is no connection without the plug in place. At least that's the plan for now.
That's a pretty cool idea too. I'd place it in the glove compartment to if I was willing to drill holes. But, I get what your saying, basically just plug it in when you want to use it, and system is hot, then you just engage by pressing the momentary switch.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #32
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
That's a pretty cool idea too. I'd place it in the glove compartment to if I was willing to drill holes. But, I get what your saying, basically just plug it in when you want to use it, and system is hot, then you just engage by pressing the momentary switch.
Yes, I would store the switch side in the glovebox. Get to the track, plug it in, it's hot and ready to go. When you're done just un-plug and throw it back into the glove box. Tuck the other side of the plug behind the console an you'll never see it.

I figure you use it and then after the burn out you just lay it done beside the console in the floor. Again, all just theory at the moment but I'm probabaly going to give that a try.

Something like this.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...uestid=2299457

Cut the end off and put a two prong trailer light plug on it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote