Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS
Springs with stock ride

What springs out there are the closest to the stock ride. Such a thing? Thanks

Solo Performance Axle Back
Tuned With Superchips Flashpaq
laserjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Apex Chase

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Just by the nature of what they are no lowering spring will not ride like stock but in my opinion Pfadt lowering springs ride the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakestang65 View Post
First off, many thanks to Chase at Apex! I ordered a set of the Pfadt springs from Apex and they were out for delivery that same day! They came in yesterday evening. The install was not difficult, the 2 most time consuming events of the install was getting the car off the ground and removing the sway bar end links. Goofing around (taking my time) I had the entire job done including cleanup in about 3.5 hours... Took the car in this morning for an alignment and just got back from the test drive...

I cannot say enough good things about the way the car handles now!! I wish I would have done this months ago! The ride is not quite as compliant as prior, but it is not rough by any means. Just a bit firmer... The car does not feel quite as heavy as it did with the stock springs. Cornering is nice and flat. I cannot say enough good stuff about the engineering that Pfadt has put into these springs! The drop height and ride is perfect.

Many thanks again to Chase and Victoria at Apex!

Pfadt, you have a great product!

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Got my Pfadt lowering springs thanks to Chase @ Apex Motorsports. Did a self-install yesterday and was pretty easy. Any body can do it as long as you have a T50 torx wrench.....had to run into work to pick one up

Now the car handles like how it should.....feels like as if it were on rails and I don't know if its me or not, but I think it has a better ride quality than the stock suspension.....no bounce or pounding at all!!! I'd recommend these to anybody looking a good set of lowering springs....Pfadt nailed it on this one!!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS
I had a 370Z that I put hotchkis springs in. The ride was better that stock, believe or not.Very pleased.

Solo Performance Axle Back
Tuned With Superchips Flashpaq
laserjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2010 camaro
Like said above, by design the drop springs use a stiffer spring rate to compensate for the reduction in suspension travel of the lower stance.We have been using the Pedders drop springs the ride is very good and they are designed to used with the OE struts and rebound bumpers.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Ride quality is extremely subjective. We've had some folks approach us asking how to actually soften the ride of the Camaro in the past. Our drop spring packages do slightly increase the spring rates over the factory springs, but because we are limited by the factory shocks our spring packages are not very aggressive.

The car will ride a little more like a sports car after a Pfadt drop spring installation, but that's exactly what we were going for. Not only an improved stance, but an increase in handling as well!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote