Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
performance alignment

Anybody know where I can get one in the FT Rucker / Dothan Alabama area? threw on some lowering springs and sway's, sure would like to go somewhere besides the chevy dealership! Thanks!
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Ed-Flip

Drives: 2010 3lt Colorado
Les Schwabb, wheel works, big-o tires, firestone.....any tire shop can do an alignment doesn't need to be a "performance shop"
Ed-Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
SSMickey
SECC

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Before you take your car anywhere, I would find out the settings you want and tell the shop this is how you want it set, and make them give you a post alignment print out. It's a trust but verify thing. I have found very few shops with an alignment tech that truly understand performance settings. Most will just go off what the computer tells them and call it a day. Especially if you take it to one of the shops just mentioned. Big-O is owned by TBC Corp. which owns Tire Kingdom and NTB. Two company's which I am very leery of.
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
Cool, thanks for the heads up.
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Before you decide on a tire shop give them a call and ask them if they will do custom alignments. One of the big advantages of moving from the factory to a performance alignment is the smaller "green zone" with a performance alignment. With a smaller tolerance range you will end up with overall more predictable handling and potentially more consistent tire wear.

Here are our alignment recommendations. Let me know if you have any questions!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote