Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
ewoolsey

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Smile Buying sway bars and need advice

Hey guys first of all if anyone has a set of front and rear sway bars that they wanna sell pm me with a price and model. Canadian sellers would be awesome. Also I am looking for some advice on what sway bars are the best. I'm looking for a set that are pretty stiff and have adjustability. Any input is appreciated.
ewoolsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
alybudhwani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Aqua Metallic Blue
i dont have them for sale, but i am using the hotchkis sway bars front and rear and i love them! the rear one is adjustable in 3 ways. pretty good price too!

check out my build
seriously though...
alybudhwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit with 1 inch drop springs front/rear and the front/rear sways. The front/rear are 3 way adjustable. I have them set in the middle for street use, however, I tried the tightest setting and holy shit.....cornered and handled very well. For the price you can't go wrong....
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
ewoolsey

I'm kinda worried about getting the eibach springs cuz not many people have them. I'm worried they won't be stiff enough. I'm looking for something pretty stiff. Plus they're cheapness worries me. Is it a big deal the you can't adjust the front bar on the pdafts?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Love my Pfadt sway bars and you can adjust the rears. If you are on a budget just get the rear bar.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I plan to upgrade to ZL1 sway bars, end links, and LCAs. All of these parts are less than any after market option for sway bars only and i get the added benifit of sporting the new more efficient FE4/5 LCAs on my 2010 SS.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Comrando
SScalator

Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I plan to upgrade to ZL1 sway bars, end links, and LCAs. All of these parts are less than any after market option for sway bars only and i get the added benifit of sporting the new more efficient FE4/5 LCAs on my 2010 SS.
Front and rear bars or only on the ass? 25/27 ?
That's what Pete suggested to me, 27 adjustable, stock front.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
toehead93

I was going to do both front and rear ZL1 bars but it makes sense to have an adjustable rear bar. Im pretty novice so I can probably get away with the stock ZL1 bars for now.

2010 2SS A6 - sold.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I have pedders and they are pretty stiff. I have the complete pedders pace car package.
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Pedders here. Have the front 27mm and rear 32mm with their endlinks.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #11
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Pedders here. Have the front 27mm and rear 32mm with their endlinks.
How do you like it?
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #12
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I was going to do both front and rear ZL1 bars but it makes sense to have an adjustable rear bar. Im pretty novice so I can probably get away with the stock ZL1 bars for now.
How much are the ZL1 bars? Unless they are dirt cheap, it doesn't make sense to go that route, especially when you know you want an adjustable set. You can grab a good set of bars for around $400 new and much cheaper if you find a member selling them used. Most places offer a package price that saves you quite a bit of $$. I have the Pfadt stage II and it saves you $150 on a set of bars and drop springs.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Davenport Motorsports in Calgary is probably going to be able to give you the best pricing locally on any Camaro parts you could be looking for. They're a little far from you in Edmonton, but Namala and his crew at Davenport are absolutely worth the drive. We never hesitate to send customers in Alberta over his direction... they're also a Camaro5 forum sponsor!

You may want to take a look at our Stage2 Camaro package. It includes front and rear sway bars, including an adjustable rear sway bar to help you dial in the balance of the car... it also includes drop springs to give the car a more aggressive stance and overall improved handling.

One thing to keep in mind about the ZL1 sway bars is that the rear bar is NOT compatible with the 2010 or 2011 rear lower control arms. The ZL1 sway bar package moves the endlinks outboard of the shocks, and the 2010 and 2011 cars do not have provisions to bolt the revised bars onto them. If you're looking to move to ZL1 sway bars you will need to upgrade to 2012+ rear lower control arms as well, and at that point if you're swapping rear lower control arms you probably want to move to an adjustable bar package at the same time.

We are working on a sway bar package specifically for 2012+ rear lower control arms to take advantage of the new revised sway bar geometry. You can find more information here: Pfadt Racing 2012+ sway bars
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoolsey View Post
Hey guys first of all if anyone has a set of front and rear sway bars that they wanna sell pm me with a price and model. Canadian sellers would be awesome. Also I am looking for some advice on what sway bars are the best. I'm looking for a set that are pretty stiff and have adjustability. Any input is appreciated.
BMR swaybars are one of the most noticeable handling improvements you can do for your 5th Gen Camaro. From the factory, GM did a decent job with spring rates and swaybars but the Camaro begs for more roll resistance to counteract the car's excessive weight. BMR recognizes this need and has a solution that not only increases roll resistance but does so with very minimal decrease in ride quality.

BMR takes advantage of today's technology by manufacturing it's swaybars from tubular steel, a process started in Europe and adopted by most current auto manufacturers today.

All BMR swaybars are cold formed, a chosen manufacturing process that doesn't involve heat, resulting in more consistent "memory" retention. A key feature in BMR's swaybar design is the adjustable rates, allowing multiple settings for varying driving styles. From the factory there is inherent understeer in this platform. Rather than just make larger OE bars with the same problem, BMR's solution is biased front-to-rear roll resistance, resulting in a neutral overall balance. For instance, by simply replacing the rear bar only and using the first hole, you effectively neutralize understeer without changing overall roll resistance. Adding the front bar and choosing a stiffer rear setting increases overall roll resistance.

Countless hours were put into developing and testing the ideal rates for our bars, taking this platform to a whole new level of driving excitement!

BMR Swaybar Rates:

FRONT
Hole 1 (Boot-Leg end of bracket)
98% stiffer than OE bar

Hole 2 (Center)
146% stiffer than OE bar

Hole 3 (Flat end of bracket)
214% stiffer than OE bar

REAR
Hole 1 (Outer hole towards end of bar)
99% stiffer than OE bar

Hole 2 (Center hole)
173% stiffer than OE bar

Hole 3 (Inward hole towards curve of bar)
301% stiffer than OE bar

All of this for under $400...

BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
toehead93

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
How much are the ZL1 bars? Unless they are dirt cheap, it doesn't make sense to go that route, especially when you know you want an adjustable set. You can grab a good set of bars for around $400 new and much cheaper if you find a member selling them used. Most places offer a package price that saves you quite a bit of $$. I have the Pfadt stage II and it saves you $150 on a set of bars and drop springs.
All of the parts required are about $400 for new parts, this includes FE5 endlinks and LCAs which are both improvements over the FE3 setup. I can't afford both aftermarket bars and endlinks now and I'll be able to save more if I can wait to find a set of take off sway bars. For now I don't forsee any need for a rear adjustable bar but in the future I can pop a Pedders or Pfadt FE4/5 bar in back and still benifit from the FE5 geometry.

2010 2SS A6 - sold.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
ewoolsey

Smile

Thanks for all your input! Based on what I've read on here and your posts I think I'm gonna go with the pfadt's. Just seems like the best option and I'm not all that concerned any more with the front bar not being adjustable. THANKS
Old 03-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #17
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Why buy the old stuff when the FE4 and ZL1 technology can be retro fit to the 10s and 11s?

Follow the ZL1. The new ZL1 has solid 25mm front and 28mm rear bars with improved efficiency through revised geometry. The old style sway bars mounted inboard on the rear lower control arm. The new FE4 and Z rear bars replace the endlink with a droplink and mount outboard new the hubs. This is a HUGE improvement in performance on the street, on the strip or road course because it is a more direct action.

Pedders has developed and released a ZL1 sway bar upgrade. Our front is a solid 27mm adjustable and the rear is the new FE4 / ZL1 outboard mounting with droplinks 32mm. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=zway+barz

if you would like to learn more about the 5th Gen setup from suspension to wheels / tires to brakes to thermal management take a bit of time and read THE Book
Old 03-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #18
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
How do you like it?
Love them, car is flat and like she is on rails.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar, bars, buy, buying, sway