Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #86
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Dual clutch transmission for lightning fast shifting please.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #87
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
It seems what separates companies is the capability of their technology at their manufacturing facility. For example the rear quarter stamp that gives the Gen 5 Camaro it's iconic look.

I think for Gen 6 GM must build upon that concept and utilize newer technology to stay ahead of competition. One example would be to have a functional rear quarter panel scoop to cool breaks (Jay Leno concept). This could be done without breaking the bank so long as the technology is there to make it economical. Another iteration of the inset grill would be another example. Allow wide rims (11" or so) in the back and the wheel wells big enough to make 22" rims look nice.

On a lighter platform a set up like this could dominate the market.

Those are just my thoughts. Thank you for all the work!
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #88
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: 2016 Z06?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNT ORANGE SS View Post
Hi Janet: The convertible doesn't allow you to recline the Drivers seat all the way back. It would be nice For the ZL1 convertible, Z28 convertible to do so.
I highly doubt a Z28 vert. Kind of an oxymoron.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #89
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....agreed on the 'vert, lets stick to the roots on the Z-28 please..., and 22's???....I don't know about that either.....should be 19 squared and squat the beast down on them suckers......
Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #90
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....agreed on the 'vert, lets stick to the roots on the Z-28 please..., and 22's???....I don't know about that either.....should be 19 squared and squat the beast down on them suckers......
I agree, especially on the 22"s, if it keeps up we'll soon be putting John Deere wheels and tires on Camaros!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #91
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
I'm only posting here because I'm sick of seeing "Shno's house of Z" on the main page of this category constantly. Driving me nuts!!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #92
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
I second these

Make the Visors extendable so that they are useful when the sun is coming from the side.
Put more interior lighting.

Add
glove box light
under hood courtesy light(s)
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #93
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
I'm only posting here because I'm sick of seeing "Shno's house of Z" on the main page of this category constantly. Driving me nuts!!

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #94
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

+1......, and.........

Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #95
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
but dump the fake mail slot on the Z. Use the V6 or ZL1 front fascia.
Keep the mail slot on the Z28, just make it functional.

And I agree, the extendable sun visors would also help out a alot.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 03-20-2012 at 04:30 PM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #96
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Just adding another to the list before its too late. May already be.

Options, options, options. I want way more options.

It seems this is the one area where the mustang really kicks the camaro's ass. I can build a car and option it out to pretty much exactly how I would want it. Chevy shouldn't wait for the aftermarket to add stuff. I'm sick of searching the entire Internet for mods and add ons.
There needs to be a lot more wheel styles, interior options, body kits ( not just one). No exclusive parts on special editions.
It seems to me, Chevy's idea of more options is to make a custom special edition over and over. I don't think this is what anyone really wants. I don't want to have to be limited or forced into buying a special edition cuz it has something cool ( like a color, or different stitching) but otherwise I would rather get a different model. Like how they did the synergy green when it first came out.
The more options, the more everyone will be happy. And befor anyone starts talking about it'll add cost cuz it slows down the production line. I call bs. Go and configure a mustang.
I'm practically overwhelmed with options. Which is exactly what I want when I'm making a large purchase such as a car that I need to live with for years to come.

Also, it's interesting the section this thread is posted in. is that a hint?

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #97
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
If only...

Janet also posted requests in the General, ZL1, and Convertible sections for the broadest range of feedback. I suspect she had a fair idea of what to generally expect, here, from the semi-permanent resident ZEE-creatures...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #98
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Just adding another to the list before its too late. May already be.

Options, options, options. I want way more options.

It seems this is the one area where the mustang really kicks the camaro's ass. I can build a car and option it out to pretty much exactly how I would want it. Chevy shouldn't wait for the aftermarket to add stuff. I'm sick of searching the entire Internet for mods and add ons.
There needs to be a lot more wheel styles, interior options, body kits ( not just one). No exclusive parts on special editions.
It seems to me, Chevy's idea of more options is to make a custom special edition over and over. I don't think this is what anyone really wants. I don't want to have to be limited or forced into buying a special edition cuz it has something cool ( like a color, or different stitching) but otherwise I would rather get a different model. Like how they did the synergy green when it first came out.
The more options, the more everyone will be happy. And befor anyone starts talking about it'll add cost cuz it slows down the production line. I call bs. Go and configure a mustang.
I'm practically overwhelmed with options. Which is exactly what I want when I'm making a large purchase such as a car that I need to live with for years to come.

I've been to the Mustang website and I'm not seeing how they are offering more options than the Camaro when it comes to features. They are offering less color options, no choices in seat color options, an upgrade in the stereo dept. Of course, this was for the Boss 302 options. The SS, IMO, offers the same if not a little more in options (comparing apples to apples).

I do agree with you about offering more options, but there is no way in haites that a Corporate company is going to offer everything under the sun without having a premium. Hence there lies competition, to offer affordable and viable options that a corporation would not be in the market to offer. This is good business anyways since it puts Dollars in other peoples pockets beside the Big Auto Companies. This is the way its worked in the past, this is the way its worked in the present and will continue to work in the future.

I wish you good hunting in the search for your mods for your beautiful camaro

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #99
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Keep the mail slot on the Z28, just make it functional.

And I agree, the extendable sun visors would also help out a alot.
....functional is good........very good......
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
If only...

Janet also posted requests in the General, ZL1, and Convertible sections for the broadest range of feedback. I suspect she had a fair idea of what to generally expect, here, from the semi-permanent resident ZEE-creatures...
.....that's true Lowdown....it was nice to be able to be given the chance on both the ZL1 and Z-28 boards the opportunity to detail our suggestions for future developments. That makes an old Zee creature smile.....

Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #100
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Are you sure you went to ford.com?
They have the same number of color options as the camaro. 9. Maybe even more cuz some of the extra colors are inside the options menus and not on the color picker.

They offer more seat options.
Standard cloth
Standard leather
Leather with suede inserts
Recaro in cloth
Recaro in leather

And way more wheel options.

More stereo options.

Options to delete standard things u don't want, like the standard side mustang stripe and a few other things.

You really have to go through their site and really look at it as if you were actually gonna buy one, you'll see what I mean. Sme of the options are spread out between the models also, so if you just look at the Boss you won't see everything.

Trust me, this isn't a case of the grass is allways greener.

The mustang has more available choices of things you can add or change on the car across all models. Something like 19 different wheels. They have an iPad app with the sole purpose is to option out a mustang and people vote on who's ride looks the best, and virtually all of it is stuff can order either from the dealer or the website. Before u take delivery.

Now I know since the mustang has been around forever without any breaks in production, it's only natural they have built up a lot of things for the car, and naturally more aftermarket stuff too. so it's a little unfair. But I still feel Chevy could do and offer a lot more in the choice dept.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #101
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
I suspect she had a fair idea of what to generally expect, here, from the semi-permanent resident ZEE-creatures...
Yes, you didn't disappoint
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #102
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
I know this is probably a day late and dollar short but in all these forums I have yet to really read anything substantial on the use or lack thereof of rear gear ratio options. As all the experts have pointed out, the original Z's were screaming little (maybe not so) road demons that cornered and handled. They were slung low, revved high and had gearing to pull out of corners and accelerate quickly. I love my SS don't get me wrong, and I understand the gas guzzler laws and all that, but do I really need a car with a 6 speed that can go 180 MPH or can we drop the rear ratio to say 4:10-4:30 area add some stronger axles and driveshaft, (throw in ZL1 Tremec trans and clutch assy) and then you will have a screamer. Been considering this for my SS just because I know the gear change will surprise the holy hades out of many who think all those other mods are the end all to quick. Gears baby gears!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
where's our z/28?